View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

nice battle guys. props.

deadman- sick verse. it hit home for me because I lost my grandfather and think about him a lot. flow was incredible. word usage was stupendous. your cadence just fits perfectly with how I read rhymes, some peoples stuff I have to adapt my cadence of reading to fit theirs but yours is the most natural ive ever read on the net. and this piece had something that you never really have an abundance of, emotion. this had lots of it and I really felt it. good work. problem is, and maybe im just not getting it but I don't see the connection to the topic here. and its not my job to connect the dots, its yours. this is a big minus imo.

topical- very abstract verse. I liked it. didn't flow as well as deads imo but it flowed well enough. I was hoping you would take the topic head on and put this thing in a strangle hold but you kinda just circled around it from my point of view. and the verse was borderline boring. sorry it is really well written and impressive. just pointing out a few negatives.

overall dead was technically better in all aspects imo but didn't hit the topic, topical did a better job of that but not enough for the win.

vote= deadman

edit: when I made my vote the topic was listed as unchosen. I interpreted that as the topic and my vote reflects that. in light of their being no topic it makes both verses appear much stronger to me. once again, thanks for the read guys. still voting - dead

Last edited by Mike Wrecka; 07-16-2013 at 09:41 PM.