View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #11
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Deadman: Straight forward piece, the flow was superb and the story engaging. I would say this piece is pretty close to perfection as far as storytelling and complexity goes. This piece is something everyone can relate to in one way or the other, wether they're writers or not, you feel me? A lot of topicals these days only speak to a certain crowd, but this piece can speak to everyone and touch peoples hearts. I'd advice you to try to send it in some poetry newspaper/blog or something just to see if it gets published.

''a doctor in his field of psychiatric design
until an alcohol catalyst spiked a rapid decline
made mortality shine - life is short and family is dear
sunday funeral, the casket veneer, acting sincere
the memories and stories cause a past to appear
but they could never hold a candle up to having you here.''

^ This right here was extremely well written and I could feel the energy in your words. Shit's bonkers man, keep writing shit like this.

Topicaldood5: First off I want to say that I enjoyed your piece thoroughly. The choice of words and the way you conveyed your sentences felt clear but somehow mystic as I kept reading your piece. It was a message there, but I wasn't 100% clear what you truly wanted to say until the last paragraph, which ended up to be somewhat predictable but not in a negative way. I also feel the shit you're saying is important shit that deserves an afterthought from all of those whose read it.

I also want to say that I love this section:

''Those untouchable smiles that orbit the populace
Leave us speaking of change but performing the opposite
Gorgeous and confident - eclipsing the flaming tragedy
Subtle whispers of corruption drowned in famous rhapsody
Hidden in a craters cavity - are gaudy golden meccas
Built out of our blood and our tears and our stolen sweat''

But, I think it could have been even stronger if you had added an internal on the last line I quoted that rhymes with ''meccas'' as a smoother connecting transition out of your rhymescheme and into the new one. Beside of that, I truly enjoyed the choice of words and the lines in itself. It flowed extremely well and was written in a way that doesn't make you think twice about why you're in the finals.

Final Vote: DeadMan. I TRULY enjoyed TopicalDood5's verse, but it had certain miniscule flaws as opposed to DeadMans straight forward flawless written from start to finnish. Topicaldude obviously wins when it comes to choice of words and how he conveys some of his sentences with a rich vocabulary, but I feel his winning streak stops there. Deadman, in my honest opinion, had hands down the stronger story, flawless flow from start to finnish, strong heartfelt sentences and last but not least; A written that can be showed to ANYONE and still be great. You don't have to know anything about writing to enjoy Deadmans text, you feel me? It's too relatable and heartfelt on a different level than TopicalDoods verse. Don't take it the wrong way, TopicalDood5's verse is solid as fuck as well and I don't think there's more than a handful of people that could challenge that verse, I'm certainly not included in that list... Yet!

Hands down a really strong, interesting and dope battle. Looking forward to see TopicalDood5 & Deadman shine in several tournaments to come as well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o