Thread: movie question
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 04:49 AM   #14
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikta View Post
Foreign cinema is NOT better than Hollywood/US cinema.

Let's get that straight right now.
THIS! Anyone who says anything else is fucking up.

Why? Because the ammount of SHIT foreign countries produce is extremely high compared to the dope/trash ratio the US have. I don't condone the extreme ammount of biting the US does tho' (read: Oldboy, Let me In, girl with the dragon tattoo etc.), beside of that the US is winning pretty bad. I do fucking love foreign movies, aint big for bollywood, but I've watched enough asian, scandinavian/european and other random productions to talk about it.

Not to mention the ammount of SHITTY actors asia puts into their movies. They got like a handful of great actors you see in every fucking movie they produce. And the rest is, more often than not, sorry excuses for side roles. Europe is a little bit better in that regard, but it can still be pretty poor nonetheless. In my honest opinion Hollywood is better overall, but once ''foreign countries'' put out some great stuff they can shit on Hollywood in terms of storytelling, emotion and quality, but the thing is that it's far from being consistent enough to be better.

As far as movies where the US is being the terrorist etc. all you gotta do is watch some japanese/asian movies about war, and every now and then the US/UK is the bad guys in animè and mangas as well. Especially in animes there's a shitload of hiroshima references etc. It's just that lately (after Astro Boy became a thing and the success with Mononoke basicly) they cater to the west too much for it to be a common thing. I also watched some middle eastern movie about a boy who was by his own after his parents got killed by some US bombing while he was away to buy groceries. After that he ended up trying to find a way to live by his own among the other homeless boys and girls with similar pasts. Emotional as fuck movie, just wish I remembered the title.

Disclaimer: All of this is personal opinion and based on my own fucked up perceptions and must not in any way be taken as fact.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 07-18-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote