View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #5
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

dope battle gentlemen

im really torn on who to vote for here so I will try to convince myself one way or the other during the voting process

Zygote - started slow. that first section read choppy to me. using the word THE at the beginning of each line was cumbersome. I was disappointed but then it picked up tremendously and went into a fictional war. it told an interesting story that I enjoyed. I will say that I was more engaged in your verse than your opponents. I found it much more interesting. the rhyming was good. but not great. BUT it had a very good cadence to it. which many people overlook. but I don't. the syllables of each line matched up rather well. overall a cool verse. fun to read. really tied in the topic in the last section very well.

oats - you had the better rhyming here. and flow. it was impressive. this was pretty deep content wise. on the philosophical tip. it was a hybrid verse. which sometimes backfire. but it didn't here imo. you told both an overview or as some might call it a traditional topical, and then switched to a bit of story mode and then went back to the overview. your mechanics carried me through and you had one of the best lines I have ever read in my life.

Don’t fret about the rest of your time, one day you’ll eventually die
and the world won’t blink an eye…
if it did for every death, the universe would be perpetually blind

holy shit man. so much props for that bar. I don't know why I love it so much but I just do. I would have replaced universe with earth but wowzers that hit me hard.

overall oats a really good verse. got philosophical in that last amazing section

very close battle guys. two very dope verses but I have to give it to oats here. he told the story of our rather insignificant place in the universe while zygote told the story of a battle as evidence of how man destroys everything in his path. oats felt more complete. that last section wins the battle for him here. thanks for the reads. truly enjoyed them both

vote - oats