View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 01:34 AM   #6
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Zygote. You creted a world much like a book which I appreciated that. I liked the fact you mentioned simply "being/existing" while giving this hill life through the farmers and goats. Then destroying that hill, good shit there, assume it was intentional. I feel like you actually tried to rhyme more here, not to say you don't always, but this verse seemed like you attempted to rather then write content first then piecing the rhymes in later. The pace WAS ALMOST perfect. The use of THE so often to start a line enabled you to weave in and out of citizens, settings and characters rapidly, but to me this also worked against you ever so slightly. You packed in so much information on each line, which is sort of your motif, I enjoyed the depth to it. Overall highly enjoyable. In still a bit torn if I liked the closer or not. I think I would have preferred it left to my own imagination, cuz my imagination is the beez neez quite frankly.

Quaker. Mind fuckery.conceptually superb, elite execution, subpar flow, rather inconsistent because most was fire, then completely broken sentences for flows sake such as the "completely buttfucked....by it." you did this a few times early on and it disrupts my flow while reading. This verse as a whole though is outstanding. It was cosmic, the things you touched on in general are ssimply big and bold subject matter. Great read.

Very close match up here. Zygote actually had more of a story this week which isn't too often in his case. Oats dropped pure knowledge, with some truly Witty lines and overall nice concepts in individual lines ala.... Sea biscuit, horse shit..And potholes in the road of a soul...

Vote oats. Two great verses. In the end the deciding factor is the fact that I enjoyed the cosmic, the world is fucked but life goes on over the linear message of we are destroying the world.

TUPAC SHAKUR

Last edited by Adonis; 04-07-2014 at 01:57 AM.