View Single Post
Old 07-27-2023, 03:24 PM   #37
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by symetrik View Post
I'd rather expend energy keeping THIS alive, than the other shit cuz this is built for the people
This is exactly why I formed the league. We can either sit back and watch this die or we can go the complete opposite direction and just do more than we’ve ever done to try and kick start some life back into it. There’s no half-measures here. If we’re going to do it, it has to be a labour of love. There’s been too many moderate poorly and expect everything to just lazily fall into place, but that’s not enough. The people need to see the figurehead cares about this shit. That someone actually gives a fuck. We have to forget about the so-called “legends” and names and build up the guys we have so they get a chance to step out of those shadows. The old hands aren’t around anymore, some haven’t been for years, they’re not relevant to what we’re trying to build right now. The guys showing up consistently are. They’re the staples. They’re the true iron men. The handful of people that still have a passion for this and turn up every week to write - because they still have the interest and desire to. I’ve always maintained in any league or tourney or whatever I’ve run that ideally you want some sort of “figurehead” or recognisable name behind it that is relevant in the field to help give it some sort of draw, but you also want a workhorse. Years ago I would have selected Adonis each and every time. He would help me with the donkey work so to speak, setting threads up, maintaining records, the admin side of things as I tend to think of it - While he let me play the “Face” of the league if you will in terms of the magazines and generating hype around it… he did the grunt work. He was the labourer. It sounds like I’m doing him somewhat of a disservice when that’s written out, but the reality is that’s exactly what I needed from him and he was a force behind mine and the leagues success. I don’t downplay his contribution at all. He was never going to be the big personality you want as a “face” of the league but he played his own role dutifully and that’s why we worked so well. Sym has a lot of the same qualities in the respect, and that’s what you need. The partnership also works well because all that time Adonis would be learning under me, seeing how I generated interest either by trolling and firing up some battlers of by mediating situations and resolving them justly when they came up. Ideally you want a partnership of moderators, the younger learning from the older, so that eventually the torch can be passed - but with a big personality who’s respected as the “face” at the front of it all.

In my opinion, of course.

Last edited by Diablo; 07-27-2023 at 03:36 PM.
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote