View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 01:27 PM   #15
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Battle Record: 5-0

Champed
- The Winter Topical

Lars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant future

I wasn't expecting this, at all. Closest battle so far maybe of those I've voted on.

Soulstice had a piece that makes you THINK, lets the reader draw its own conclusion, not everythings a paint-by-numbers affair where you need it all spelling out for you. He painted the picture very well, good imagery throughout and his wording was crisp. I came away feeling like this worked or potentially worked on multiple levels depending on your interpretation. Top tier writing, but Uh Oh is no slouch either. The guy had some dope lines, the north face couplet had me. Flow was butter as always, mixed up the transitions well and carried that one assonance on for loooooongggggggg, but still kept it relevant and on point. This is tough. The votes reflect that. I can see why people are split, but I can also see why they have soul going for it. His wording and imagery and writers voice are the difference here for me.

Vote - Soulstice