View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #16
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

FIRST OFF: NOBODY WANTS TO DISCUSS THE COMICALLY LARGE DARK HELMET ON THIS GUY?

soulstice:

first stanza: nothing to do with the picture
second stanza: nothing to do with the picture
third stanza: nothing to do with the picture

do you see a trend?

fourth stanza: beginning to think the journey we are taking is an allegory for the rising, falling, sweeping path of this hill. god, but it is so loosely connected though. i think you had this written and worked in the travel through the already-built city and its occupants to make it fit the photo.

fifth: reverse game of thrones. okay.

--

uhoh:

straightforward take into the ethereal story behind our mysterious subject. short, quick, to the point. this was actually far less detailed / technical writing than you've provided in the past. however, altogether it worked in its sheer simplicity. you addressed the photo and gave it something more powerful than "guy on a hill". nyc probably could have gotten away with that, but not many people are him. i think you did just enough. you aren't the technical writer, storyteller, or literary master that soulstice is.. but he so obviously shoehorned an unrelated tale into this picture that i honestly can't give him a win here. this is a topical league. incorporate the topic. if soulstice had done that, it probably would have been an easy victory. he didn't.

v/ uh-oh

Last edited by Diode; 01-19-2014 at 01:42 PM.