Thread: movie question
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #22
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronic View Post
Honestly movies outside the US are most of the times better at exploring human nature. Whether its the writing or different directing style or what I dont know but just seems to be like that
You're right, but once we start to watch movies from other countries we end up exploring the surface/quality shit. We're basicly just scratching the surface of movie productions from those places. And we can't base the entire hollywood vs the rest based on 50-100 great movies from SEVERAL other countries at once.

Start watching more from said countries and you can't get yourself to watch more than 30 mins. Which basicly boils down to my point, the trash/dope ratio is too huge to surpass the US when it comes down to it. But once it's quality it's better than the US in terms of human interraction/emotion, storytelling and creative cinematography. (Persepolis (Fra), Ameliè (Fra) and City of God (Bra) is perfect examples of that.) But France doesn't surpass the US in general, neither does Brazil.

The only real battle here is Hollywood vs Asia. But imo asia got too much trash to put up a real fight, especially after the digitalization of martial arts movies which put a huge black hole in the entire genre. But 13 Assassins shows that they still know how to make that shit, but yeah.. I don't know, I just seriously believe and feel that Hollywood wins on consistency over time. Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong, I love movie debates.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote