Old 09-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #216
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

also everything is quantised, there is no swing

alot of what you hear is mpc note repeat

like im trying to think of a beat. im sure lil waynes shit, a milli, 6 ft. all of that uses note repeat, a feature on the mpc, you can draw sounds in like that in fl's piano roll.

thats a bangladesh beat. he's a monster. no bassline, just an 808 kick (provides the bass, deep booming kicks), a soft 808 snare, and a snare/clap. no hats. no sounds even, just the a milli vocal sample looped. notice how plain the drums are tho, less is more.

that was a bad example of what i was looking for but its an example of the drums used

this is extremely random i just typed in 2 chainz instrumental and this is what popped up.

listen to the hihats. hear how they speed up and stutter? thats an mpc's note repeat function. you literally just hold down a pad, and you can adjust how fast they trigger while you hold it while hitting another button.

in FL you have to draw them in so its more complicated but once you know how to place them its easy.

also notice the kicks, again those are 808 kicks. deep booming kicks, but in this beat they actually use different keys. the main 808 would be c5 basically. like in the piano roll of FL, it would be the middlemost key, but every now and then they trigger a key or two higher, so its like BA BA boom. the boom, is just the regular kick. the BA BA is the same kick, they're just hitting it so it plays at a higher note.

also listen to the snare, its an 808 snare, little weak and slappy. but they put a finger cymbal over it as well.

if you want, post a song/beat you have in mind when your thinking of a trap beat, and i will deconstruct it and show you how to do the drums at least, and what kind of sounds were involved

usually with beats you want to stay away from premade drumkits, but with trap/southern/banger type beats they are kind of what you want. doesnt work the same with a grimey kick and snare, you need the cleaner sounds that dont sound as good over an old grittty sample