View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 01:44 AM   #11
Ink

Battle Record: 5-5

Ink is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to all

timeless: For the record, I don't care if anyone chooses to center their piece or not. I never understood the issue with it. The initial impression starting from the first line is that the language used and the way some of the dialogue was structured was comical, but not in the way I think you intended it. The weed approach as a vehicle to introduce multiple topics in one verse felt too easy. The scenarios being introduced seemed ridiculous, but worked, since the character was high.. but still. Overall the verse was hilarious and fun to read, part of that from the intentional humor you added, and part from unintentional humor that probably only I found funny, mostly around word choice and the way things were constructed.

oats: Gotta say... obsidian hair is a description I've read one too many times... though there's nothing wrong with it and I've used it myself. I like that you held off the introduce the actual perspective of your character to the end, you were successful in leading me to believe you were actually describing a giant until the end.

Vote: oats, his verse was better overall to me. I appreciated the humor that timeless brought, but it didn't quite match up to oats take on a giant

STILL working on that book I left competing for... ig: @dchang.poetry