View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 06:01 PM   #49
Cereal
killa

Battle Record: 1-6

Cereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
To add on to what I've already said:

A common feed that occurs when I post elsewhere:
"Do you rap or write lyrics? It has that element to it." Even when I don't write with a beat signature in mind which you're right about. I don't do that often anymore. I like to break rules and create transitions that wouldn't work well on a beat, I don't see the point in limiting myself too much in terms of storytelling unless I'm going to record it as well. That's me personally tho. I also don't particularly like getting "+ points" or "refreshing read" just because it's different than what they're used to, detracts from what I'm looking for in feedback and critique.

"I don't understand the slang but after a Google search I got it." Which kinda detracts from the reading experience, or if I use references I got to be wary of what would easily be understood by hiphop heads but not so much elsewhere.

Just shit like that, mainly. Also the fact people are way more critical in terms of use of vowels and consonants, when to use them and so on. Language preferred being "poetic" or "beautiful" more often than not. A lot miss out on rhyme schemes beyond internals as well. I like the rawness of language without having to worry about which word is easier to say in succession of another and how your mouth/tongue is positioned when saying the next word so it "floats better".

The "Do's" and "Don't's" are different but both has its place, ya know?
poetry kids are more anal like that but, they kinda have room to be like that they twice as pretty as us hip hop kids that look and work looks a hot mess from the streets