View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 09:05 AM   #40
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sral View Post
Do you believe you write verses that could be rapped to a beat?
No, cus that's not what I write it for but that doesn't mean there isn't room for those that do. In general on boards for text (mainly thinking about topicals now) the influences are different in this style of writing for the most part than what you find on other sites, and what people look for that sign up on those sites are different as well. It'll still be appreciated but in a different way, people miss out on a lot cus it's a style they're not used to etc. There also isn't much that covers text the way we approach it as opposed to people that focus on sonnets, limericks etc.

Competitions are set up differently as well, challenges tend to be personal and weekly/monthly or shit like NaNoWriMo. I've been on quite a few different writing communities from poetry to novels etc. It's just a lot more lenient atmosphere with text and there's more room to be creative, how people approach topics along with its execution and subject matter differs quite a bit everything considered.

I honestly believe text and with hiphop at its core has its own place in writing and has been heavily underestimated at its highest levels. Also not appreciated/discovered to its full extent by people outside of this bubble we've created.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 02-12-2024 at 09:15 AM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote