View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 11:06 PM   #12
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

Consensus

Judge quotes

Dope battle. Both had really solid wording, concise punches... and quick responses. Lots of obscure references that I happened to like. I knew this would be fun to read when Dull dropped a multi-bar Greedo punch that seamlessly worked in the Kool Aid Man and Wu Tang Clan out the gate.

bleak was a breath of fresh air. Flow was perfectly done throughout.. Would have worked perfectly over a beat. His punches weren’t super complex, but sometimes simplicity works well. And I thought it did for him here.

(dull) obviously had a focus on wording as well, with a specific emphasis on intra-bar multi’s... socially distanced/Covid restrictions.. greedo/steezo, etc. You could tell that Dull was focused on every syllable, and that matters IMO.

All in all, I think it was relatively equal in terms of wording/flow.. Dull was slightly better in playing off Bleak’s drops.. and slightly better wit-wise.

I really fucked with the Texas winter/space heater exchange but did not get the social distance exchange at all. That was kind of the story of this battle for me.

I thought bleak was more consistent but dull had harder hits.

I got bleak but it’s close. He had more traditional battle concepts.

Verdict

1 judge felt Dull took it easily, 2 thought he had a slight edge, and 2 thought Bleak did enough to eek out the victory

3-2 Dull wins