Old 01-09-2020, 05:14 PM   #76
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Yeah, so you still have to pay a decent amount of tax to finance that. You’re ok with that?

I’m saying a government that abandons any semblance of caring about poor people would be seen as tyrannical. And you’re assuming everyone can work for a living. They can’t.

I completely agree there’s no incentive to get off it. Which is why UBI is a better system. Community service is a nice idea but it’s just another thing to check up on and administer. UBI is super efficient. If you’re 18+ and a citizen, you get it. That’s it. No need to check up on people’s work, family situation, living arrangements, health, blah blah blah. It streamlines the government’s role.
im "fine" with paying taxes to fund the military. in a perfect world we would immensely tear it down just to a defensive powerhouse that protects our interests, and not yours and europes as well. but even at what we are spending now, its 1/4 of what UBI would cost per year.

if the majority of people who receive welfare had to work to receive it they would just get a job and work for a living. it would truly go to those that need it.

but i don't like that idea either, im just spitballing

if people are concerned about the welfare of people unfit to work, some enterprising young gentlemen or woman could create a charity that would help them. it shouldn't be mandated under the threat of violence (taxes).