View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 12:59 AM   #4
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

I apologize in advance for vote not being as in depth as usual. Not much time in my hand and the fact the champ match has zero votes is just wrong, so here goes nothing.

Time, I enjoyed most of the couplets, I can tell you went into this week emphasizing multies while staying away from oft used words for rhymes. That portion I enjoyed thoroughly. As for the plot, I take it the world is over and the main character is giving a recap of sorts, but mostly saying why it happened, explaining the world is fucked I guess. Connecting the topic to concept is vague as shit, but considering the topic, great job on formulating and executing at a high level. All in all, this is not your best work,but it is pretty damn good. You have improved leaps and bounds this season to last, I take it you got time to write now? Either way, good showing with a rather uninspired topic imo.

Frankly, paraphrasing Cause on phone, "he uncrinckles the neatly riddled while he discreetly whistled a jingle". First, I'm sure you meant unwrinckled, but that's small. You had massive changes in perspective in this verse, you went from first person in the now to reflecting of past back to the now. There is a lot wrong with this sentence, not just the wording. I had to take a long pause while reading to figure shit out, you shot yourself in the foot for flows sake man. Your flow was amazing, too bad you used words where they shouldn't be grammatically for rhythms sake alone. It sucks even more because the concept is plain and simple, fire. The execution of said concept was stellar as well, but the poor word choices are really weighing me down here. You took all my pleasure away.

V/time

Frank had the better concept, but his execution was too sporadic to over look.

TUPAC SHAKUR

Last edited by Adonis; 04-27-2016 at 01:13 AM.