View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 09:43 AM   #7
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Timeless had a great verse to match the story . Dark, with a bit of light possibly looming, waiting to break out. Thought the wording was delicate and the rhyming strong. Would challnege for BOTW but there were some nice battles AOWL this week so it's close. I think you did enough to take this.

Frank's verse was ok but to me the tense changes were jarring and the adverb/adjective combos were overdone. Esp. creakingly simple and supremely skillful. Jesus, I mean one right after another? It sounds awkward once in a line but that barrage is too much. That said there are many other syntactical errors here but once again Frank's creativity in this realm sort of balances that out, in the end his opponent came with a stronger, more laconic prose that was more effective.

v/ Timeless