View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 02:41 AM   #10
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Split Eight: This verse was really good. I'm just not sure how it relates to the topic. If I really unwound the verse and the painting, perhaps there could be some correlation with identity issues. But mostly I just was impressed by the diction and rhymes and thoughts unveiling yourself and your opponent. This verse was legitimately interesting and had a lot to offer, which can't be said about many of these verses. But it didn't have anything tangible to do with this great topic that seemed so directly up your alley.

Zombie: It's a shame your path ends (if hopefully only temporarily) here. This verse was awesome and very much embodied your success in this league. Obviously you can outrhyme and outphrase anyone on any day. Your writing level is well known and inarguable. But what's carried you to this 5-0 record has been the direct, unquestionable takes on topics. Week after week, you've avoided anything fancy or muted and instead dove right into the topic. This verse was perfect because it carried the topic and had a really emotional take on first love. The ending was outstanding, and the verse as a whole gained force as it went. This is one of the best submissions of the season and probably will make my season-ending list.

Vote: Zombie