Old 01-09-2020, 06:18 PM   #84
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
And how do you stop the people who are just lazy and don’t really need welfare from getting that money from charities any better than you stop them from getting money from the government? I agree these people exist and are a problem, I don’t think they’re the majority like you do but yeah a significant number, sure. I just think the UBI is the best solution. People who leech off the existing welfare system leech off a different system instead, but people who currently work for a living get the same payment, so now they have the option of working to thrive/get ahead instead of working to just get by. And the people who actually need welfare are taken care of too. Plus it’s way more efficient than a welfare system that depends on your circumstances.

I’d be cool with a system that replaced income and company tax with a larger VAT, which wouldn’t apply to necessities like food and rent. Then no one is taking anyone’s money under threat of violence/imprisonment. You choose to buy luxury items, and pay a little more for them. That’s a way more efficient tax system too. Do away with trying to legislate away and administrate and close loopholes that people exploit to avoid tax.
i don't mind your second idea as a different and better form of taxation.

but again, im just speaking from my ideological standpoint.

i don't think the government should be involved in anyones lives, or should be in charge of the welfare of its citizens. each citizen should be in charge of their own life and decisions. the government should just be a military of the people for the people that exists to ensure their safety from other nations, and a police force that is of the people that protects the people from anyone who would cause them harm. only crimes where there is a victim, stealing/robbery/violence etc. nothing that is choice based, no saving someone from themselves etc.

every thing else, literally, everything should be done privately and not at the expense of citizens.

be it some type of welfare program, or roads, schools etc. the government should play no part.

but thats just my view on it.