View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 03:42 PM   #6
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Ok I’ll break down in order that I read

Lars- it’s actually crazy the first thought I had when I saw the topic was I would write a verse about Neanderthals hunting a wooly mammoth. I just watched that prehistoric life show on Netflix so that was on my brain.
Your verse is very well crafted here, excellent end rhymes which I don’t always get with you and that’s most likely because of difference in our accents but it was really on point here for me. And some creative choices in that department. I will say about half way through I was feeling like the verse was very much in need of emotion. I would have painted a bleak and hopeless picture of the Neanderthals struggle for survival but just as those thoughts entered my mind you flipped the whole verse with the reveal that the whole thing had been from
The mammoths pov and then injected a ton of anger and hostility in the verse. This had a huge impact against the previous tone. It was a very enjoyable story with great mechanics.

Universe- On the technical side of things you nailed it as always. Expert level rhyming on display here. On par with Lars in that department. But the story was all too vague for my tastes. I wasn’t exactly sure what was going on until the end and that works sometimes but really I was like what is it that I’m reading about for most of the verse. Like where is this headed. Obv I’m splitting hairs and I don’t want to sound too harsh it was an excellent verse but I’d give like an 8 next to Lars posting a 9.

Master Rock - read yours last. You had a rough start and after following these two it really hurt your chances here. The verse picked up in the middle from a technical stand point but ultimately went no where. You need a beginning a middle and an end when you are battling at this level and yours didn’t encompass that philosophy. You battled two terrific story tellers here. That are also master topicalist from a mechanics stand point. You might not have been able to match them in both categories but you should have at least of had an amazing story. Which you didn’t. Valiant effort anyway. Solid showing.

Usually prefer Universes writing to Diablos , just a personal preference, but Diablo really catered to what I was looking for in this topic and wrote something that was fun to read while being technically very sound.

Vote - Lars