View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 12:16 AM   #7
Sovereign
The Bat God

Battle Record: 1-2

Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Karpis
Gettin bodied twice this season, & yall thought this nerd was nice
It’s like Aero drivin a Zamboni.... now Swerve on Ice

> I don't know what "Aero" has to do with this bar, but it was alright.

Ya lil nice slash compliment battle w/ Bleak was somethin new
But you’re Canadian, so actually A LOT more for him then it was for you

> A non-bar, but it still made me chuckle. Quite good.

It’s known I be in the club gettin pussy wet, this man isn’t fly
He in the Club Soda pressed & got all the bitches in Canada Dry

> I wasn't particularly impressed by this. Firstly, so depressed / soda pressed and variants are very played. Secondly, the wordplay doesn't quite work both ways: "He in the club soda pressed" - Doesn't sound right, does it?

Hypocrite shit. you say you pull bitches n listen its sick
You upload dick pictures to the Cloud, & look up at clouds picturin dicks

> Intuitively this seems a bit awkward to me, but it's still kind of clever, I'll give you that. A decent bar overall. I would have liked to see a relevant setup pertaining to the "clouds picturing dicks" concept but maybe that isn't really possible to work into a 2-line bar.

My team stay with it, run up and they gone smoke this guy
If you come near my Proximity, Mine gonna blast quicker then Golden Eye

> I'm not feeling this because the two meanings of the setup are too similar to each other.

When they let off and go blatttt, then tell ya hold that
You’ll Parish with 2 holes in ya, that’s a Celtics throwback..

> Sports bars usually go right over my head, so it's not surprising that this one did. Still, this is another wordplay that doesn't work both ways: "You'll Parish with 2 holes in ya" - That's not grammatically correct. Netcees as a whole needs to get a handle on this type of shit. It's like this website's zeitgeist.

Overall: A fair verse with some major slipups and lackluster bars, but also a couple of good hits. [10/20]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve
Years of texting, hall of fame, it leaves me rattling,
How much you sacrificed for battling...just to come back and lose to For Battling.

> Lmao. Another non-bar, but a pretty good one. I would like to have seen a scheme longer than two syllables, though.

Ya girl claim she loyal, but then I hit it and she creams,
You'll see that Indian change face quicker than the Cleveland baseball team.

> Maybe this is a personal. I don't know. Is his girl Indian? Regardless, I get the bar and it's alright, but you really need to lengthen your schemes. One syllable isn't going to cut it against anyone decent.

In fights, Karpis known to duck, he gains a yellowish pigment,
When I bring haymakers, you'll see a bail out quicker than efficient farming equipment.

> The first concept was horrid. He's known to duck, so that makes him look like a duck? When is the animal "duck" also a verb? If I say someone is known to dog, does that mean they have a tail? Garbage.

The second concept was alright though. I'm mainly just concerned about the one-word multis and the lackluster readability. I feel like the word "efficient" was unnecessary and mainly served to hamper the flow.

This isn't anime bruh, you'll die here and see your run cease,
Call me Zoro cause when I hit you with three blades you'll be lucky to be in One Piece.

> The best bar of yours so far. The relevant setup, sufficiently long scheme, and solid concept made for a pretty good result, though I do think the idea might be played. I'm not sure.

Fact is, I took everything he owns - his girl, money and house,
Ask about it, alveoli through his teeth...after I punch his lungs out his mouth.

> I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a wordplay?

Swerve got guns for days, I'll be deading this intrinsic lame,
Bring 30 pieces of steel and fire till he thinks I'm lighting the olympic flame.

> Eh, wasn't feeling this. Olympic torch bars are played out. Hell, I've used at least one myself. There were also a couple of forced aspects about this verse. First off, "intrinsic lame" isn't exactly a natural-sounding multi. Secondly, why 30 pieces of steel specifically? I did a quick check on Wikipedia and didn't see any mention of the Olympic torch-lighting ceremony involving 30 pieces of steel. Forced af unless you can prove otherwise.

Overall: Much like your opponent's verse, this one had a couple of good hits but was deeply flawed. [10/20]
A very close battle overall, but one edged it for me. MVGT: Alvin Karpis