View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 08:24 AM   #7
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Battle Record: 5-0

Champed
- The Winter Topical

Lars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant future

Nigma - I feel like i'm echoing Oats sentiments in so much as the technical standpoint, you had a LOT of rhymes in this which in one sense helped your flow tremendously and made a long read seem all the shorter, your flow was better here in comparrison to some of your other earlier drops, but I agree in that at parts there was so much happening and you had such focus on rhyming the hell out of it that the point you were making got lost and then found itself again throughout the piece. Personally I didn't like what you did with the hueMON SPECIES line, I thought it came off as forced and like you were trying too hard. Especially when you're up against someone like Black who's reads are more natural sounding, it kind of amplifies small things like that, and it stood out glaringly as I read through yours. It felt like a lot was happening at once, which I guess in one sense conveys what you were trying to go for, but in another it just detracts from the reader slightly and makes it not seem as focused.

Black - I think i'd have liked to see you do more with the topic, it seems this kind of route is your well-troden affair and I've seen you write plenty in a similar vein? We all have our comfort zones, and I liked this, but I can't help but feel like you've covered this and could have done more with the topic given if I'm honest. The rhymes and wording were on-point as ever though, your narrative and writers voice are obviously where you excel and you don't disappoint in that sense. I feel like I am leaning to Nigma more conceptually, I just wish he had executed his idea better, but then Black's overall writing - not just basing it on a mechanics only thing becaused I feel they can be overdone and Nigma definately was guilty of that here - was superb and outshone his opponent. Black got it.