View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #14
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

both wrote incredible verses, IMO. nigma went for a more challenging approach which should be lauded, mechanics were fire. Black ethered the young-romance topical genre. the characters in Black's work came to life in a much more visceral, emotionally-endearing fashion. it was the nature of his verse. nigma toyed with words and written language in a more complex and intricate manner, unfortunately some of the intri***ies were lost in the unidirectional storytelling method.

you ever see those gifs that have two perspectives and they shift back and forth and make it look 3D? that's how i feel about Dead Man's verse. he introduced a dialogue of thought and it really rewarded the reader, he gave insight into multiple perspectives within his verse that made this feel like it was possibly a real experience... very, very real. Nigma wrote excellently but i feel as though his approach simply could not appeal to the reader in the emotional way that dead man's did, it feels almost unfair.

i read the battle and thought about it and would have voted for Black, I dont feel good about my decision.