Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 08-19-2018, 05:25 PM   #1
Elemental P

Elemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant future
Default Computer savvy people?

Recently my PC has passed out on me, further enticing my wonderful depression since all my written work, beats, everything is on it.
Anyone here know about computer that may be able to assess some info from it crashing?
It's about 10yrs old so I been expecting this to happen..
Notable things it did before it crashed
*Stopped playing videos and music with media player. It would blue screen after attempting to launch a movie or audio file.

Also, I have a light up keyboard that doesn't light up when the PC is turned on now. Also, my monitor DOES NOT DETECT the computer, the screen stays blank, and I play my PS4 on this monitor and it works fine still. However I still can't run a diagnostic test on it b.c the screen won't appear, so no safe booting or diagnostic has been done yet.

One of my tech savvy friends think it could be the power supply, which would make some sense b.c the one I had was a bit under powered for my PC, but I don't have all my info backed up just some of them.

Any thoughts or suggestions to remedy this issue? (Aside from just building a new one or w.e)
Elemental P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:35 PM   #2
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

yea i know next to nothing, but maybe its the video card? that wouldn't have anything to do with your keyboard though so word maybe the power supply would make more sense.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:05 PM   #3
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

The power supply to the monitor is clearly working or the PS4 wouldn't work. The computer itself should be obvious if it's powered especially at ten years old you should hear it churning away fans etc as it turns on. I'd be more interested in buying a cheap monitor cable replacement and seeing if it's that. Although if both computer and monitor accept a hmdi just use the PS4 one an see if it works.

Lights on keyboard would probably have died because they probably leds. 10 years of use they probs burnt out.

I don't imagine the media not playing is related other then due to age lack of updates etc etc. However... When you say blue screen if you mean entire screen that's a different situation altogether.

I don't claim to be the most knowledgeable sure others here can help you better but I'd say I'm better then the average guy. Although hardware was always my weaker topic area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabari Black View Post
Flow....that punch was disgusting. Mvgt Flow

Last edited by Flow; 08-19-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Does it turn on just not boot? Or does it not turn on at all?

10 years old might be a number of things
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #5
Elemental P

Elemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
Does it turn on just not boot? Or does it not turn on at all?

10 years old might be a number of things
Yes the fans, lights inside the computer all turn on still but doesn't boot (or appear to). I might try Flows suggestion with a different monitor cable. One of my friends built this computer and it's not bad considering it's last this long but my primary concern is of course obtaining my data off the PC assuming it is trashed.

If there's any other simple techniques that wouldn't cost a lot.of money that could help with at least finding the problem is appreciated. Thanks guys
Old 08-19-2018, 07:07 PM   #6
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental P View Post
Yes the fans, lights inside the computer all turn on still but doesn't boot (or appear to). I might try Flows suggestion with a different monitor cable. One of my friends built this computer and it's not bad considering it's last this long but my primary concern is of course obtaining my data off the PC assuming it is trashed.

If there's any other simple techniques that wouldn't cost a lot.of money that could help with at least finding the problem is appreciated. Thanks guys
If you’re worried about your data you can still get things off the hard drive as long as that’s not the issue. Doesn’t sound like it is as the PC could still boot into the bios without it.

It’s not your power supply by the sounds of it. Video cable or video card. If you have integrated graphics that could be a whole CPU issue. Iono I’d need more info but try a new cable.

Mind taking a pic of the back of the computer? Or can you say for sure it’s specs
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #7
Elemental P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
If you’re worried about your data you can still get things off the hard drive as long as that’s not the issue. Doesn’t sound like it is as the PC could still boot into the bios without it.

It’s not your power supply by the sounds of it. Video cable or video card. If you have integrated graphics that could be a whole CPU issue. Iono I’d need more info but try a new cable.

Mind taking a pic of the back of the computer? Or can you say for sure it’s specs
Tbh I forgot what it's specs, I'll be back tho
Old 08-20-2018, 03:12 PM   #8
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

1996 Gateway.

Lol, from what I've been told unless the computer was burned, pretty much everything can be recovered depending on the person's ability.

My laptop died out and some IT nerd dude at my job was able to recover everything - so that was good.

Just get a new PC/Laptop man. They aren't expensive at all. Brand new one from Walmart will run you about $150 if that anymore.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:51 PM   #9
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

Sounds like a dead mother board to me. If that's the case your files should be fine.