Old 06-18-2015, 07:04 AM   #1
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future
Default thoughts to help da god

so yo, my new tape is all but finished, waiting on the artwork and might make a few more beats, at the moment i got like 25, gonna cut down to like the best 15 probably. so i might make more to see if i come up with anything doper

here is a preview of the artwork i got the dude doing.

but yo, i noticed with my last tape, albeit coming out of nowhere and me not really promoting it, i got a sharp PLUMMET in downloads and sales. basically people forgot about da god after my 3 year hiatus of not making beats at all. it got little to no views and etc

now i got my other tapes on various blogs and shit, but i've lost those contacts, and this release is when i drop the "uh-oh" alias basically and just go by my name, so i don't even have the waning strength of uh-oh to give me any help.

basically whats some ideas for me to get this heard by as many people as possible. i know you guys ain't really apart of the world of actually making music but i figured i'd see what thoughts you guys have.

because me just dropping it on bandcamp and my website, and sharing the links here and on facebook to my like 132 friends ain't gonna cut it haha.

basically any forums you know of, whether they are active or not, link them in here, and i dunno just places i can spam with it and so ON
Old 06-18-2015, 07:05 AM   #2
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i should have resized that pic. APOLOGIES
Old 06-18-2015, 07:22 AM   #3
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

you dont get promoters who put together PR packages over there?

thats your best bet, but they'll want paying

they usually have at least 20-30 blogs etc they get your ish on

what about the social network run by anonymous (minds.com ?)

might be worth a shot

as far as rap/hiphop forums try rap-royalty.com, maybe even places like rmbva.com and otbva.com - they seem to be the biggest as far as hiphop goes? maybe niketalk.com, boxden, sohh or w/e it goes by now? they seem to be some of the biggest forums out there with a hiphop section

reddit maybe?

another good thing possibly (for you) is to start up a youtube page showing people how to make beats - get subscribers etc and build up a fanbase that way? shitton of How-To vids maybe

Last edited by sral; 06-18-2015 at 07:26 AM.
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:34 AM   #4
Amen.
Banned

Battle Record: 16-9

Amen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant future

baron should be your agent.

but he right.

youtube the way to go. plus if you get enough subscribers and views, they may start paying you to drop vids nigga.

start getting bread for something you enjoy doing. cant lose.

stand outside of walmart handing out sample mix joints, son.
Amen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:49 AM   #5
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

word im mainly talking self promotion

youtube pays off of ads. anyone can make youtube money if you got the views

im more just looking for places online to spam it. im out of the forum game so i dont know whats active and shit like that. but word good lookin out bros keep the suggestions coming
Old 06-18-2015, 09:06 AM   #6
Amen.
Banned

Amen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant future

try an SPAM craigslist as well.

you know hometowns always got them wannabe rap stars.

shit I know out here, about 10 per block.

niggas even throw concert/shows at the subway station, for nickels and dimes lol.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:08 AM   #7
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

Join a group on Facebook. use soundcloud breh. upload the tape to datpiff
once you gain a little following the rest should follow nicely.
Youtube is always good. I'm sure if you use an artists' site they got forums most likely
I used to hop on jbtv til the site went down for good and I kinda just left
I'm sure you'll do good breh. You are the master of your own destiny bro...

hook it up with a Mr. J beat though I'll make @Genocide look like a suicide...

Geno since you are here, respond bro. Or at least send a verse
Old 06-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #8
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Dog i been promoting your bandcamp site to all my rapper friends on fb and shit. Not sure how many peeped u.. bug i put the effort out.

Whens the new tape dropping? I nees that shit
Old 06-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #9
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future

Also @uh-oh
Hig up rap-royalty.com
bodybagssent.com

Ummm datpiff is a great idea for you man.. not enough dope/original beat makers there from my experience. They will eat you up there.

Plus when the new tape drops i will also push/promote any links to your shit for you. You my manz like that

A lot of active audio heads r there ( on rap-royalty.com ) and i guarantee youll get some love for your shit. Plus ive already shouted you on every track ive dropped over an uhoh beat so they know whats good.

Serious.. head over there and drop. Just know this.. they are response natzis.. so anything you post make sure you drop reply links or they will lock ur thread... its good but ncs is way more layed bak in that aspect

Last edited by Geno; 06-18-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #10
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

yea they locked my shit with the last tape i dropped becausr i didnt meticulously breakdown there shit in my feedback lol

but word good looking out bro. the tape will be done pretty much whem the arts done. thats how far hes gotten since sunday. still has to draw me and finish it up. thats just a close up of the drum machine because thats what he has drawn but ill be in it fully at least my upper half

keepin it simple black and white basicaly just ink on a white backdrop
Old 06-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #11
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

but word @Dre im not looking for rappers. ive got dope dudes wanting beats and shit already. i just want more views downloads and shit like that. more exposure. im more of a fan of licensing my shit as background music than working with artists

but people need to come across it for that
Old 06-18-2015, 12:30 PM   #12
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

That joints fire bro. Specially if homeboy drew it up. I thought that was just somethinb u found on the net. Dope

And were. Theyre natzis like that until youve become more familiar with everyone. Then it lightens up a little
Old 06-18-2015, 01:00 PM   #13
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

don't run from me @Genocide :(
Old 06-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #14
Amen.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
but word @Dre im not looking for rappers. ive got dope dudes wanting beats and shit already. i just want more views downloads and shit like that. more exposure. im more of a fan of licensing my shit as background music than working with artists

but people need to come across it for that
word..

That's why I said spam craiglist. People on that shit religiously.

I'm sure you'll get listens, possibly even a few purchases.

But at least it will bring some exposure to your material, the more people click and listen, if that's what you're looking for.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:06 PM   #15
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Lol @Mr. J
I didnt understand what you meant. Still not sure what your saying lol
Old 06-18-2015, 02:09 PM   #16
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Lets collab or something bro...I'm bored
Old 06-18-2015, 02:15 PM   #17
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Yeah I got a thought

Send me shit so you can have the hottest basslines

Then I tell a few people

That's like 10 views right there
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #18
Amen.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
Yeah I got a thought

Send me shit so you can have the hottest basslines

Then I tell a few people

That's like 10 views right there
uh oh on his aero boarding antics in real life.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:37 PM   #19
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Writibg or recording? Im sitting here waiting for this dumb ass bus in annapolis atm
Old 06-18-2015, 02:39 PM   #20
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Writing. I won't be recording anytime in the near future I dont think
It sucks tbh most the dudes that have equipment ain't ready for that Dy-lan