Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2023, 03:49 PM   #1
symetrik

Battle Record: 5-7

symetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant future
Default I'd like to run a topical league

There have been a few attempts at keeping this alive from several people, so here's mine.

Someone give me a subforum?

Info:
Subject to heavy change.
1. A single season lasts three weeks (mon-fri). One week of downtime afterwards. Players can sign up as late as the day before.
2. Intending to run three seasons until end of January, then February I'm out of country. If we're enjoying, we can bring it back in March.
3. For first test run, I'd only need 4+ signups per week. You have to sign up EACH week that you want to play, no rolling signups.
4. Matchups drop on Monday morning. Verses due by Thursday end of night UTC+0. Extensions requested before deadline are granted automatically until Saturday end of night UTC+0.
5. Short and elegant verses - line limits are 8 to 24 lines. I know there's value in having longer verses to unfold the story, but voters struggle with longer verses and we want to find a format that's sustainable. Read scoring final bullet to see where you can put your creative energy.

Scoring:
1 point for voting.
-2 points for not voting on a match.
1 point for submitting a verse for a match.
-1 point for requesting an extension.
3 points for winning your match.
-1 point for breaking rules of match within reason.
2 points for voting with a verse that both uses their topic and breaks down the vote.
-1 point for not dropping a verse but informing your opponent you won't before deadline.
-4 points for no call no show.

Point DQ for stepping way beyond the rules. You still lose any points you would lose.

Downtime:
Subject to heavy change.
Previous three week mag write up, interviews of all attendees, kudos awards.
If you attend, expect to get an set of "interview" questions sent to you during downweek. If they're not answered by Wednesday end of night UTC+0, your answers may not appear in the mag. Interview answers will be cherry-picked to show in mag.
Ranking based on points.

Okay, that's the tentative plan - may shift in structure. Do I have four+ people that want this?

Last edited by symetrik; 11-07-2023 at 09:39 AM.
symetrik is offline   Reply With Quote