I spit from 38 seconds in
Brain Thief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Drop feedback on some pieces. I'll check back in a few hours

Edit-

You're good
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

^what he said
Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
Brain Thief

Brain Thief is on a distinguished road

Bumping for some actual feedback
Old 08-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

beat is nice

you need to do more than just talk. and more than just rhyme. right? your recitation is listless, at least dude with the beads was trying to get hyped.

conversely, ya boi need to sit back. no need to be up in the camera's grill and all.

nerdy af but some ability is there. imo.

hmb
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #6
Brain Thief

I get what you're saying about the delivery,I am pretty much talking, that's my main point of improvement
Old 08-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #7
Darth Yoda

Battle Record: 6-2

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF

Darth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant future

You have a rhyming ability, which is good. If you want me to give you feedback on everything? I don't know.

I don't really give feedback on an audio piece, but I guess I was listening to the lyrics and try to convey and translate in a lyrical, text-read form. You have a bit of everything, but not much of it. I feel you were trying to rhyme more than actually convey a certain meaning. Well you conveyed a meaning, definitely, you had a lot of psychy, deep, space babble blah blah. Was cool. Liked it! But I felt it was more rappy, than actual just trying to tell a story.

The beat was ok, I don't really listen to rap/spoken-word stuff often.
Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #8
Brain Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
You have a rhyming ability, which is good. If you want me to give you feedback on everything? I don't know.

I don't really give feedback on an audio piece, but I guess I was listening to the lyrics and try to convey and translate in a lyrical, text-read form. You have a bit of everything, but not much of it. I feel you were trying to rhyme more than actually convey a certain meaning. Well you conveyed a meaning, definitely, you had a lot of psychy, deep, space babble blah blah. Was cool. Liked it! But I felt it was more rappy, than actual just trying to tell a story.

The beat was ok, I don't really listen to rap/spoken-word stuff often.

Cheers for the analysis man, The first half is kind of random and then it starts to turn into a trip rap, It does feel like two verses smashed together at times. I think I'll eventually split them and elevate on both
Old 08-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #9
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

this beat is butter.

you need more mic presense

your delivery and content are on point....
more animation to your voice...your boy had it but not the content or delivery lol..
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:02 AM   #10
CopyPat
Mic Check

Battle Record: 13-10

CopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to CopyPat

liked this fellas. you and ur buddy have a likable style for sure. as others have said ur kinda just talking so u didn't give us much there but it was chill.. obviously u both can rhyme. maybe take more time on ur next one but overall i enjoyed it and will check out any more if u got em or make new ones
Old 08-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #11
Brain Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyPat View Post
obviously u both can rhyme. maybe take more time on ur next one but overall i enjoyed it and will check out any more if u got em or make new ones
Cheers man, it was pretty rushed. We're definitely going to take more time with future releases. This was the first drop we've done together, so we were both pretty enthusiastic about just getting it out
Old 08-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #12
Aesthetic
Pimp

Battle Record: 1-12

Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic

Sick shit, yall looked gay right away no no im playin.

But yall are sick I liked it, your voice man like everyone said u got it though. Maybe try to be less nerdy ya know like put some gangster into your voice to counter the big words. idk lol
Aesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #13
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

In all honesty when I first looked at that still shot before hittin' play I thought this was gonna suck some major ass (dude in the hat looks like he's 11) but to my surprise I liked it lol.Sure it may not get 20 million views yet it shows you have alot of potential, your lyrics are a stand out even if not delivered in the most dynamic way,I'm not an audio head so my feed isn't the best when it comes to cats on a mic but yeah...thought this was pretty cool man.

...Stay uppity.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #14
Brain Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic View Post
Sick shit, yall looked gay right away no no im playin.
Maybe try to be less nerdy ya know like put some gangster into your voice to counter the big words. idk lol
hahahahahahaha cheers man, Don't worry. If I was you I wouldn't have even watched it. My lyrics were a bit too verbose on that track for me to emphasize them enough. The next drop I put up will be a little easier to deliver. But still lyrically insane. I am lacking in "gangsterness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exis View Post
In all honesty when I first looked at that still shot before hittin' play I thought this was gonna suck some major ass (dude in the hat looks like he's 11) but to my surprise I liked it lol.Sure it may not get 20 million views yet it shows you have alot of potential, your lyrics are a stand out even if not delivered in the most dynamic way,I'm not an audio head so my feed isn't the best when it comes to cats on a mic but yeah...thought this was pretty cool man.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA It's all good man, I know exactly what you mean. I often judge rappers as a full package. In other words you need to at least look the part somewhat, as well as spit sick. I'm working on it though, I've been meaning to get a haircut for ages. Wow, that still shot is pretty fucking bad

Last edited by Brain Thief; 08-29-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #15
Aesthetic
Pimp

Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Thief View Post
hahahahahahaha cheers man, Don't worry. If I was you I wouldn't have even watched it. My lyrics were a bit too verbose on that track for me to emphasize them enough. The next drop I put up will be a little easier to deliver. But still lyrically insane. I am lacking in "gangsterness"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA It's all good man, I know exactly what you mean. I often judge rappers as a full package. In other words you need to at least look the part somewhat, as well as spit sick. I'm working on it though, I've been meaning to get a haircut for ages. Wow, that still shot is pretty fucking bad
Just saying, too many big words with no oooommmfff is like a quantum physics poem.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #16
Dove Dozer
loose leaf bruce lee

Battle Record: 7-6

Dove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant future

Quote:

I spit from 38 seconds in
Dope shit. Nice syllables n all but delivery is lacking. Spit with some conviction like you mean every word. Your feedback will skyrocket

Props on this though
Old 09-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #17
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Battle Record: 1-1

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

1:50-2:05 was my favorite part. You look like Kurt Cobain.

Pretty dope beat also.

I see nothing wrong with this track.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #18
Brain Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whys Ways View Post
1:50-2:05 was my favorite part. You look like Kurt Cobain.
Props on the feedback, I actually hear the KC thing a lot. I don't really see it though
Old 09-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #19
Aesthetic
Pimp

Quote:
Props on the feedback, I actually hear the KC thing a lot. I don't really see it though
CAUSE U DIRTY AND GRIMY AS FUCK LOOKING lol and the hair...
Old 09-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #20
Brain Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic View Post
CAUSE U DIRTY AND GRIMY AS FUCK LOOKING lol and the hair...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cheers. I'm going to take that as a compliment