Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
Fig
Om

Battle Record: 8-16

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future
Default What function do dreams hold in the mind?

Of course no one really knows... but what do u think?

I've heard from an evolutionary standpoint (I think it was on like, V sauce or some TED convention) dreams play a part in preparing us for the following days tragedies, being that dreams often have a negative connotation. That seems far fetched/stoopid to me though.

Maybe dreams are our subconscious interpretation of the transcendent (lol, na)

Or maybe just our brain going over what happened during the day.

I dunno, what do you know?! Fuck you...
Old 10-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

What if dreams are actually not dreams at all? What if life is the real dream and we wake up only to tire ourselves for sleep?
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

links between this realm and the next -- bridged by archtypes you create based on your day-to-day experiences and emotions
Old 10-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

A scientific explanation that I've heard, suggests that dreams are our everyday thought.. weather consciensly, or subconsciously thought about -being played out as a movie while we sleep. Often times all jumbled up and pieced together from this thought to that thought compiled into one big cluster fuck.

Its basically liiving out your thoughts in a random unorganized film.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

I think it's apart of the dmt release. If we didn't dream, we'd go mad imo

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
Fig
Om

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future

Now this is a stoner thread
Old 10-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by namix View Post
links between this realm and the next -- bridged by archtypes you create based on your day-to-day experiences and emotions
exactly --- that is why "time" is so important

if your mind enters alpha mode, or deeper brainwave levels, you do not experience time.

that is why clocks will show up weird as fuck in dreams... one of the main triggers (or tips/tricks) for lucid dreaming.... your mind cannot co-create the environment you experience in the dream world while "managing time" -- because time is not a dimension we influence in any reality...

so look at a clock while dreaming -- you'll see it either stopped, going backwards -- or showing up with weird symbols and shit... something that "triggers" that you are dreaming.

some will wake up immediately until they are used to 'riding the wave' --- but eventually, you will find what we will all find, at some 'point in time' :)
Old 10-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
Masaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenland View Post
What if dreams are actually not dreams at all? What if life is the real dream and we wake up only to tire ourselves for sleep?
Zhuangzi butterfly theory?
Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #9
Fart
You Next

Battle Record: 1-2

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

Entertainment while sleeping
also the average number of dreams can be from 50-100 per night, but we only remember 1 or 2
Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

really vivid dreams terrify me. when i can come back with a whole dream in its entirety it really fucks me up for that whole day

like 4 years after i was out of school, i had a dream with the people i sat at lunch with. i never thought of them. it just happened. we were on a giant ass trampoline freestyle battling in a huge field with like a woodstock audience and i was wackkkkkk. but other dude was worse so i was like YOOOOO. but then the scene shifted and it was just this one chick i wanted to fuck and we were under a bridge and she was naked and i could smell all her scents and feel the sun on my skin and the wind on my balls.

it basically really happened in my mind. its a memory now. burned in there as much as anything

most of my dreams are terrifying tho. i started a dream thread at PR where if i had a crazy dream i would immediately post as much as i could remember to document it

since i've had weed now for months and months my nights are uneventful, and work kills me because my alarm goes off when im the most dead and probably about to teleport to another time
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #11
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGoat Fart View Post
I think it's apart of the dmt release. If we didn't dream, we'd go mad imo
dammit bro - you are so close and you dont even know

you need to let go man...

stop asking questions and start listing to the answers hommie, you seriously have the aptitude to have a "click" that puts the array of shit you know together, you just need to turn down the volume around you brotha
Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #12
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

really vivid dreams terrify me. when i can come back with a whole dream in its entirety it really fucks me up for that whole day

like 4 years after i was out of school, i had a dream with the people i sat at lunch with. i never thought of them. it just happened. we were on a giant ass trampoline freestyle battling in a huge field with like a woodstock audience and i was wackkkkkk. but other dude was worse so i was like YOOOOO. but then the scene shifted and it was just this one chick i wanted to fuck and we were under a bridge and she was naked and i could smell all her scents and feel the sun on my skin and the wind on my balls.

it basically really happened in my mind. its a memory now. burned in there as much as anything

most of my dreams are terrifying tho. i started a dream thread at PR where if i had a crazy dream i would immediately post as much as i could remember to document it

since i've had weed now for months and months my nights are uneventful, and work kills me because my alarm goes off when im the most dead and probably about to teleport to another time
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #13
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

I've never heard of that @Masaii. I'll have to look it up if it has anything to do with what I said because honestly I've been thinking this for awhile.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #14
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

I've never heard of that @Masaii. I'll have to look it up if it has anything to do with what I said because honestly I've been thinking this for awhile.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #15
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post

yea man --- dude, go easy on the weed.... it kills dreams, literally....

dream documentation can help you, literally, on your own -- get smarter and be better. whatever you want. it helps you literally "know thyself".... know your subconscious -- you can effing develop faster reflexes. I've dreamed about playing guitar and made up a tune i didnt even know how to write or strum just because i wanted to learn how to play.... now, i have really fucking big fingers and need to figure some dexterity shit out, but point is -- dreams are powerful and dynamic and many levels man --- really cool you kept a thread about it. Do you have a link still?
Old 10-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #16
Fig
Om

I had a dream the other night that was a dream within a dream, but the dream within the dream was a lucid dream. So i realised I was dreaming, then woke up from that dream into another dream where I was like, fuck that was a crazy dream, and then I woke up from that dream and thought, am I still dreaming?

Crazy shit
Old 10-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #17
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Entertainment while sleeping
also the average number of dreams can be from 50-100 per night, but we only remember 1 or 2
eh, they just guess shit man

we just forget how to remember.

that moment where you see a "pop can" the next morning and remember 1 dream, and that one dream brings you back to a whole other dream/experience...

i will never trust external stats when it comes to dreams -- and im a statistician lol
Old 10-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #18
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig View Post
I had a dream the other night that was a dream within a dream, but the dream within the dream was a lucid dream. So i realised I was dreaming, then woke up from that dream into another dream where I was like, fuck that was a crazy dream, and then I woke up from that dream and thought, am I still dreaming?

Crazy shit
yea man - that happened to me when i first figured out that i was lucid dreaming (before i knew the word).

I would go to sleep and memorize the room around me, and see like a sock on the floor, and then create a "second point in time" like: "tomorrow i am going to the dentist" --- and "anything b/w me seeing that sock on the floor and the dentist is a dream" ---- I started literally waking up and reproducing the same imagery around me, then would have a dream within a dream ---- YOU ALWAYS REMEMBER "WAKING UP" BUT NOT GOING TO SLEEP -- right?? it's really funny when you have a dream within a dream.... real deep shit though dont wanna make a tl;dr post

but ya, i still aint been to the dentist.

dream on
Old 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #19
Masaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenland View Post
Look it up man the butterfly dream, he has other interesting philosophy as well.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #20
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Will do Masaii.