Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 12-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Untold

Battle Record: 10-7

Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold
Default Nike SB: Yay or nay?

So been having my eye on these for the past 24 hrs or so and I think I want them. Such a classic shoe with great quality. This has the green/blue plad stitching on it and leather toe box. Leather laces and great colors if you ask me.

But my brethren, what do YALL think? It's still a sneaker but with a hint of maturity. I feel as if I could wear these out, just chillen or even to a nice dress up event. Christmas party??? Anywho, give me the scoops please!

Old 12-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of nice dress-up events are you going to?

Nike Dunk SBs are ridiculously durable and comfortable, though.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
...the Nagger

Battle Record: 4-4

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

well, they are sneakers, of course you cannot dress up with them without looking silly

they aren't my style BUT I do like them
...the Nagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I like you Untold, you know that...but I despair at this growing acceptance of men spending as much time thinking about shoes as women do.

It's dumb in both genders, and ridiculously 1st world, but women have always liked shoes and been crazy about shoes, when i was growing up men bought shoes only when their current ones became unwearable, that is the way I still do it, this growing trend of fashion conscious males bothers me.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Battle Record: 3-7

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

I generally like sbs tbh

I'm not crazy not that colorway

However with khaki pants n right sht those can look clean, but rmbr sneakers r sneakers

Those kinda outfits go better with a nice brown shoe

U can probably put em off with some jeans tho if dark enough

But do u

They ain't bad

A. bove T. he R. est
Rawn MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
...the Nagger

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
I like you Untold, you know that...but I despair at this growing acceptance of men spending as much time thinking about shoes as women do.

It's dumb in both genders, and ridiculously 1st world, but women have always liked shoes and been crazy about shoes, when i was growing up men bought shoes only when their current ones became unwearable, that is the way I still do it, this growing trend of fashion conscious males bothers me.
it bothers me that you have on prolly some kickball IXs right now

step your shoe game up bro
Old 12-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

I couldn't do it.

Tho I'm a fan of Dunks & AJ1s.

Do what u feel tho, some ppl like those SBs.
Strikta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
anime_boners
Bisky-chama <3

Battle Record: 0-1

anime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond repute

ORANGE THROUGH PINK BOX ERA = YAY
BLACK BOX THROUGH CURRENT ERA = 85% NAY WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS

dunks in the OP are a nay for me though
Old 12-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
anime_boners
Bisky-chama <3

Battle Record: 0-1

anime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

people should be allowed to spend money on what they want.

and for someone like you, who I usually see as a progressive thinker to basically snowball this into assigning gender roles is very counter productive and disappointing. jsyk :D
Old 12-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...the Munster View Post
it bothers me that you have on prolly some kickball IXs right now

step your shoe game up bro
I don't have a shoe game, because that's the lamest concept I have ever heard, I am not female. I don't wear old and battered shoes, like you're suggesting...I just don't feel the need to own a collection, and talk incessantly about some shit i put on my feet so they wont get dirty or sore. Let me introduce you to a thing called the real world and real world problems, a category which fashion does not belong in.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

Jayk?
@anime_boners
Strikta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
Untold

So many mixed reviews. I love kicks. It's a hobby

But for some reason, these are fresh. And I dress up in sneakers all the time!
Everything from weddings to family engagements. Don't get me wrong I have some Oxford Florsheim's I wear for really formal things but I like kicks. All the time.

Any who, I think I'm a cop em. I like the dark colors and the leather. Still looking for input tho. Thanks guys!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #13
Untold

Quote:
I don't have a shoe game, because that's the lamest concept I have ever heard, I am not female. I don't wear old and battered shoes, like you're suggesting...I just don't feel the need to own a collection, and talk incessantly about some shit i put on my feet so they wont get dirty or sore. Let me introduce you to a thing called the real world and real world problems, a category which fashion does not belong in.
This is the real world, homie. It's just what I choose to do in mine. Thank God were all allowed to sit at the table, together but most importantly, I'm grateful to be entitled to my own opinion. As well as everyone else!

But it's funny @Witty. I always pictured you as some sophisticated person, who appreciates nice things like shoes, a favored time piece or have some sort of caviar you like with a vintage scotch(dry/no ice) occasionally while sitting your nearest fireplace overlooking the pond you used to iceskate on as a young lad in the winter seasons... But I must be wrong?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #14
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_boners View Post
people should be allowed to spend money on what they want.

and for someone like you, who I usually see as a progressive thinker to basically snowball this into assigning gender roles is very counter productive and disappointing. jsyk :D
I agree and they are allowed to, and I wouldn't have it any other way...I'm mostly just fucking with people, I'm not bothered what people wear or why, I'm not saying they shouldn't wear them, I'm just saying it is strange to me and it is something I only really got used to from women while growing up, I didn't see men doing it, it is just strange to me is all...I can't understand it, I don't hate it though...that would be super dumb, and most of what i said was tongue in cheek as per usual, but it's definitely an attitude and a desire I can not relate to.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #15
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Sneakers are not sophisticated things. But I agree with anime_boners.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
...the Nagger

what belongs in the "real world" @Witty?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #17
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untold View Post
This is the real world, homie. It's just what I choose to do in mine. Thank God were all allowed to sit at the table, together but most importantly, I'm grateful to be entitled to my own opinion. As well as everyone else!

But it's funny @Witty. I always pictured you as some sophisticated person, who appreciates nice things like shoes, a favored time piece or have some sort of caviar you like with a vintage scotch(dry/no ice) occasionally while sitting your nearest fireplace overlooking the pond you used to iceskate on as a young lad in the winter seasons... But I must be wrong?
Lmao I do enjoy sophisticated and nice things, and those who work hard for their money should be free to spend it on whatever brings them joy, I just don't get why it would bring you joy.

I am not hating on shoes lol

Old 12-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #18
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
what belongs in the "real world" @Witty?
Lol I'm just saying I see so many people every day talking about their shoes, or their hair, or their own personal favourite things in the world, but I rarely see anyone talking about the real issues in the world, there are a lot of distractions that seem unnecessary to me.

I'm not saying don't buy shoes you like, I'm saying it isn't important, shoes do not matter for anything other than keeping your feet dry.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
...the Nagger

Quote:
Lol I'm just saying I see so many people every day talking about their shoes, or their hair, or their own personal favourite things in the world, but I rarely see anyone talking about the real issues in the world, there are a lot of distractions that seem unnecessary to me.

I'm not saying don't buy shoes you like, I'm saying it isn't important, shoes do not matter for anything other than keeping your feet dry.
maybe to you lol

but i get what you saying

but everything in life isn't supposed to be a national issue or some ish, you need entertainment in your life

never will I live my life by dwelling on the worlds problems all day. problems that do not effect me nor that I can even change
Old 12-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #20
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
maybe to you lol

but i get what you saying

but everything in life isn't supposed to be a national issue or some ish, you need entertainment in your life

never will I live my life by dwelling on the worlds problems all day. problems that do not effect me nor that I can even change
The fact we pay so much attention to how we look and not what is inside our minds bother me.

I'm not saying we should all look like homeless people, i think it is good to dress well and look as good as you can, but when it starts to distract people from embracing their minds and only lets them embrace a mirror, things are going a little too far.

Tags
pudding