Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > The Winter Topical > The Winter Topical Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 01-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #701
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
et tu, witty?
I don't understand the question :(

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #702
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like we have a next-vote-wins situation in Frank vs. Nigma.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #703
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

@ZYG @Mordycai

Zyg - lol, you are everyone's silent uncle who is sitting on a treasure chest of jokes and decaying basilisks. The last person you'd expect to be an expert on hydrophonic farming and Assyrian history, yet the first one to declare you own a syndicate based there, and on the moon colony too. You also probably dress like you're still in the 80's. Fun verse, overall. I like how you posted a little over an hour after the thread was started like a boss. "Gaark" was a funny name. I wish more topical verses were like this, tbh. Manipulation of said topic image for comedic purposes... not taking the craft so bluntly serious, but fun.

Mordycai - First problem I had with the verse (but not really until now since I just noticed) is that you call it a fishing boat, yet the character resembles a warrior and not a fisherman. This story seemed to be about a ghostly realm, a purgatory based in an environment of sea turned desert, mirroring the depressive dichotomy the lone survivor has to face in captivity, or isolation. Somehow, Mother Nature left him a stranded soul but also lent him a survival manual, originally angry because of man interfering with nature, i.e. "sand taken and placed on our lovely [volleyball] courts" I'm guessing. It was a deep take on the topic. Vague but rewardingly so. Against another opponent I think you would've fared well for the effort you put into this one.

Vote - Zygoat

simply because I was entertained more by it and was satisfied after one read. See breakdown for further insight.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #704
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
@ZYG @Mordycai

Zyg - lol, you are everyone's silent uncle who is sitting on a treasure chest of jokes and decaying basilisks. The last person you'd expect to be an expert on hydrophonic farming and Assyrian history, yet the first one to declare you own a syndicate based there, and on the moon colony too. You also probably dress like you're still in the 80's. Fun verse, overall. I like how you posted a little over an hour after the thread was started like a boss. "Gaark" was a funny name. I wish more topical verses were like this, tbh. Manipulation of said topic image for comedic purposes... not taking the craft so bluntly serious, but fun.

Mordycai - First problem I had with the verse (but not really until now since I just noticed) is that you call it a fishing boat, yet the character resembles a warrior and not a fisherman. This story seemed to be about a ghostly realm, a purgatory based in an environment of sea turned desert, mirroring the depressive dichotomy the lone survivor has to face in captivity, or isolation. Somehow, Mother Nature left him a stranded soul but also lent him a survival manual, originally angry because of man interfering with nature, i.e. "sand taken and placed on our lovely [volleyball] courts" I'm guessing. It was a deep take on the topic. Vague but rewardingly so. Against another opponent I think you would've fared well for the effort you put into this one.

Vote - Zygoat

simply because I was entertained more by it and was satisfied after one read. See breakdown for further insight.
Lol Vulgar....I think this may be the wrong place for this my friend.

<3

Old 01-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #705
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

The battle is closed, though.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #706
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Oh lol

Old 01-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #707
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

I love that Vulgar still posted feed even when the winner had been decided.

That shows great appreciation for what we do.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #708
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

@Certain how much time is left?

I may try to get another vote or two in, if possible.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #709
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

That's up to @Pancake, but Frank vs. Nigma is tied so it needs a vote either way.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #710
CopyPat
Mic Check

Battle Record: 13-10

CopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to CopyPat

why prevent ppl from voting? vote away, vote as much as u can

almost every battle is either closed(won) or a runaway (should be closed, someone clearly way ahead by 4-5 votes). theres only a few that are remotely close

wise battle vs VV is 6-1. should be over and closed
oats vs JW is 7-1-big baby(?) should be closed

To clean up the page

Last edited by CopyPat; 01-19-2014 at 03:46 PM.
CopyPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #711
Pent uP
Robin Williams of Fallen Victims

Battle Record: 25-11

Accomplishments
- NC Hall of Fame

Champed
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- NWL Season 1
- Write Night I
- Write Week IV

Pent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
That's up to @Pancake, but Frank vs. Nigma is tied so it needs a vote either way.
Franks having a bad week. Losing the championship and now one vote away from being a rd1 knock out
Pent uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #712
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

i will vote if the battles are still open later tonight. sorry fellas
Old 01-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #713
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

and @Certain. good battle dude. that should have been the quarter final or something.

now win the damn thing double post ftw yay
Old 01-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #714
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Battle Record: 1-1

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

GREEN SEVEN GREEN SEVEN

HUTHUT HUTHUT
Old 01-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #715
Pent uP
Robin Williams of Fallen Victims

Battle Record: 25-11

Accomplishments
- NC Hall of Fame

Champed
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- NWL Season 1
- Write Night I
- Write Week IV

Pent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant future

Fuck I just lost it all thanks to my phone.

Mrj - I liked what direction you took the verse in but I feel like there were a couple of big things working against this verse. The first is I think u were tryinf to be too lyrical and that did 2 things - it made the read tedious, in this case, and i think it hindered the characterization. The second thing is the verse felt stagnant. I know the verse relied on characterization but it became redundant in spots. Overall the verse went in a positive direction but it fell flat of what it could have been.

Witty - the flow and wording were butter. The writers voice was spot on and the emotion was prominent. Characterization was excellent and the underlying messege made the story complete. This verse had the formula of an excellent writing. ..it felt a little winded at times but always brought interest back instantaneously. Probably my favorite verse of the week
@Mr. J @Witty

Last edited by Pent uP; 01-19-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Pent uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:08 PM   #716
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Three battles are still open for votes.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #717
Angkor

Battle Record: 1-3

Angkor is on a distinguished road

man..next round's gonna be fuckin vicious.
Angkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #718
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angkor View Post
man..next round's gonna be fuckin vicious.
Truth. Do you have time to vote on one of the three still-open battles?
Old 01-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #719
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pent uP View Post
Fuck I just lost it all thanks to my phone.

Mrj - I liked what direction you took the verse in but I feel like there were a couple of big things working against this verse. The first is I think u were tryinf to be too lyrical and that did 2 things - it made the read tedious, in this case, and i think it hindered the characterization. The second thing is the verse felt stagnant. I know the verse relied on characterization but it became redundant in spots. Overall the verse went in a positive direction but it fell flat of what it could have been.

Witty -
My bit is gonnneee :(

Old 01-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #720
Angkor

Battle Record: 1-3

Angkor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
Truth. Do you have time to vote on one of the three still-open battles?
yea, i'm reading trap vs copy.
Angkor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aero eats shit w/ smile:), aero the goat, all soup chef boyardee diet, congrats on the pape, cristian gajardo epilepsy, frank mad, go fuck yourself, i lol'd at tag placement, im an ext whore, not bad v, pussy firehose squirt, split votes like an asshole, tomisoatsrealname, uncle oats eats babies