oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by detour View Post
my statement still stands...central banking an fiat currency revolve around creating money out of debt...the nation buys the currency from the central bank, with interest, an pays the debt in the same currency...it's a system designed to perpetuate the "rich get richer" idealogy...

in layman's terms, u agree to give me a dollar for $1.05...i have to pay u back with that same currency...thus, every dollar i get printed from u puts me $0.05 more in debt...i can never fully pay the debt cuz i have to get more money printed from u to pay it an that increases the debt...
wait, let's talk about this in real terms. are you referring to inflation, or taxes, I'm not sure what you're talking about in specifics in that example of 1$ for 1.05.

Put it this way: you get a paycheck for $700 every two weeks for working somewhere (idk what you do tbh). How exactly are you indebted to anyone?

the switch to a floating currency from the gold standard, while a valid point, in reality had very little to do with central banking. one of the reasons why FDR devalued gold was because people started to horde it in the great depression, which made the economy completely halt (compounding the existing economic crises). our currency is hardly interfered with by the FED - only the Canadian dollar is more pure as a floating currency, and really that's a relatively new development because of our stimulus packages and quantitative easing in light of the recession. floating currency has proven to be far more productive for virtually every economy in the world, it's not a conspiracy lol.

I think you have a fundamentally incorrect understanding of the role of the FED, as well as how we came to our current state of inequality, which I'm in full agreement by the way inasmuch as how the cards are stacked in favor of people who are already rich. but that's more a result of policymaking and, what many economists believe, inherent pillars of capitalism.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:38 PM   #62
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

lol

detour vs. someone who isn't an idiot is fun
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:01 AM   #63
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

detour w/ the strong community college economics minor
Old 02-21-2014, 01:08 AM   #64
Aesthetic
Pimp

Battle Record: 1-12

Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by detour View Post
same thing tho...if I knew enough people that were prepared an equipped an willing to do the shit I'd start planning...I don't have to be the leader but I would be if I had the souls at my side to march with...

tbh tho I think everyone is waiting for gun confiscation...once that happens we will likely see the beginning of the second civil war...
The Feds are already limiting the sale of ammunitions. Full scale regrouping of American troops oppressing and locking down America on a large territory scaled level. Border control will become a shoot on sight and all ships and planes will be monitored by drones, air force intelligence and have every darkzone in the sky covered in a blanket of hawks.

By the time are defense is limited the military will have an unswerving allegiance against the far left wing nutjob revolutionaries that the propaganda labels them with. This country is so close to a internal genocide it's unbelievable.

Though, edges aren't always cut. Suppose we will see in 10 years.
Aesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:37 AM   #65
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic View Post
This country is so close to a internal genocide it's unbelievable.
lmao

this guy.

fuck do i miss when i was 15 and thought i had everything figured out. srs. embrace these days, Aesthetic. you're dumb as fuck but as confident as you'll ever be. halcyon days, im telling you.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:27 AM   #66
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pancake View Post
lmao

this guy.

fuck do i miss when i was 15 and thought i had everything figured out. srs. embrace these days, Aesthetic. you're dumb as fuck but as confident as you'll ever be. halcyon days, im telling you.
lol this is a special brand of ether.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:24 PM   #67
detour

Accomplishments
- Beat Diz (via Real Deal Handshake)

detour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Oats View Post
wait, let's talk about this in real terms. are you referring to inflation, or taxes, I'm not sure what you're talking about in specifics in that example of 1$ for 1.05.

Put it this way: you get a paycheck for $700 every two weeks for working somewhere (idk what you do tbh). How exactly are you indebted to anyone?

the switch to a floating currency from the gold standard, while a valid point, in reality had very little to do with central banking. one of the reasons why FDR devalued gold was because people started to horde it in the great depression, which made the economy completely halt (compounding the existing economic crises). our currency is hardly interfered with by the FED - only the Canadian dollar is more pure as a floating currency, and really that's a relatively new development because of our stimulus packages and quantitative easing in light of the recession. floating currency has proven to be far more productive for virtually every economy in the world, it's not a conspiracy lol.

I think you have a fundamentally incorrect understanding of the role of the FED, as well as how we came to our current state of inequality, which I'm in full agreement by the way inasmuch as how the cards are stacked in favor of people who are already rich. but that's more a result of policymaking and, what many economists believe, inherent pillars of capitalism.
i'm not talkin either...when the federal reserve, or a central bank, prints out money for a government, it charges that government to do so...if they print out one dollar in currency, they charge the government the one dollar for the money, plus a fee for loaning them the money...the fee isn't five cents, i just used that as an example...

in order to pay that debt back, the government has to either give them real currency, such as gold (in which case they surrender all their real wealth to the central bank), or they pay them back in cash plus interest for the loan...they give the US a dollar, charge them $1.05 for it, an in order to pay that dollar back, they have to have a printed dollar from the central bank...which they are charged another five cents for (keeping in mind that five cents is an arbitrary number here)...

the whole system revolves around debt...there's simply no way around it when it comes to central banking an fiat currency...every dollar that is printed automatically puts the government in debt to the agency that printed it, an it puts them in debt for a greater amount than the money is actually worth...
detour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #68
detour

Accomplishments

detour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
detour w/ the strong community college economics minor
nah son i go to the state university...
Old 02-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #69
detour

Accomplishments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic View Post
The Feds are already limiting the sale of ammunitions. Full scale regrouping of American troops oppressing and locking down America on a large territory scaled level. Border control will become a shoot on sight and all ships and planes will be monitored by drones, air force intelligence and have every darkzone in the sky covered in a blanket of hawks.

By the time are defense is limited the military will have an unswerving allegiance against the far left wing nutjob revolutionaries that the propaganda labels them with. This country is so close to a internal genocide it's unbelievable.

Though, edges aren't always cut. Suppose we will see in 10 years.
this is true but eventually the people will have had enough an we will see either revolution or civil war...i guess u could say they're both the same thing, but not for the intents an purposes i'm gettin at here...
Old 02-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #70
detour

Accomplishments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Oats View Post

but the great depression was engineered by central bankers to put america in the position of needing the federal reserve...this isn't just some new conspiracy theory either, it's pretty well known that jp morgan was behind the economic collapse...

so yes, central banking came as part of the aftermath of the great depression, but the great depression was intentionally put into place by people who wanted to institute central banking...beyond that, if i want to spend my money an labor on collecting gold, that should be my choice...

i understand how the FED works...as i said above, they print a dollar...the government now owes them that dollar, plus an interest fee for the loan...to pay that back, u have to print more money...which puts u farther in the red...it's a perpetual cycle of debt designed to give bankers control of governments...

central banking was the main reason the pilgrims left england in the first place...our history books make it about religious freedom, but that's not really what was going on...the english government centralized all currency an the individual towns an villages an states, which had their own forms of currency, basically lost every bit of wealth they had, as their money was instantly deemed worthless...

Tags
haters gon hate