Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 5 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-08-2015, 10:28 PM   #321
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearg View Post
I was born and raised in America but consider myself Irish. It's where the heart is.
But that's just a word. I've lived in Ireland for 12 years now. I've worked around a good few of the counties and had extended stays in more of them. I'e most likely talked to someone from at least every county in Ireland over my time...

Tell me a little about Ireland.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:30 PM   #322
Dearg
Something Else

Battle Record: 1-2

Dearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant future

Sadly, I don't know much. My biological father was born and raised in Belfast and my grandparents on my biological mother's side are from somewhere near Belfast.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:40 PM   #323
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

I don't know where my family comes from really. All I know is iI'm mostly German but have Scottish British an greek in me too with somebody black way down the line somewhere
Old 10-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #324
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sadly, I don't know much. My biological father was born and raised in Belfast and my grandparents on my biological mother's side are from somewhere near Belfast.
That's the thing, you can't be "Irish" if you don't know what that entails.

@Witty can elaborate a bit more than me I'm sure, but this raucous drunken land of merry anti-Establishists with a tenancy for bombings exists extremely rarely these days.

You know those lads starting fights in the pubs in Boston or New York that invented the "paddy wagon"? Those are the ones who fucked off during the famine who couldn't hack it over in Ireland. Now, the guys you'll find here are people who don't drink too often (if they're under the age of 50) and quite a lot of them have slightly American accents from watching either sitcoms or Anime too often.

There are fuck all people my age in Ireland that can go can for can with me in drinking. Most of the country haven't tried Potin before. Most of them couldn't name the current Celtic team. None of them know what a proper bottle of Buckfast tastes like and all of them are bragging about their wins over Germany or Greece, depending on how southern or northern they are.

It's not the Ireland you know from TV. Hell most people in Ireland think that drinking in your house makes you an alcoholic.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:47 PM   #325
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDK View Post
I don't know where my family comes from really. All I know is iI'm mostly German but have Scottish British an greek in me too with somebody black way down the line somewhere
You see, this is why I love you. Fuck it, we can call them chips, as long as you continue to separate Scottish and British we're always gonna be fuck buddies.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:07 PM   #326
Dearg
Something Else

Dearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant future

Well, i'll just love and support my heritage then.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:14 PM   #327
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
You see, this is why I love you. Fuck it, we can call them chips, as long as you continue to separate Scottish and British we're always gonna be fuck buddies.
Lol yeah 2 completely histories man I didn't even know people confused the 2
Old 10-08-2015, 11:20 PM   #328
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Lol yeah 2 completely histories man I didn't even know people confused the 2
Even 55% of Scotland doesn't get the difference.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:23 PM   #329
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:
Even 55% of Scotland doesn't get the difference.
Wtf are you serious? How!?
Old 10-09-2015, 12:08 AM   #330
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Wtf are you serious? How!?
I'm guessing the vote didn't cross the border. Scotland got a vote earlier this year I think. Leave Britain (or the UK, whichever one) or not. 55% voted no, hence...I consider myself in the 45% (by proxy, I didnt have the money to travel to vote :()

Some ridiculous shit too. Some videos of guys walking down the street singing anti-independence songs, one some guys ripping a Scotland flag out of a crying teenage girl's hands.

I always thought "Why are people bringing British flags to Rangers games? Aren't us Scottish people inherently against Britain?" but I guess I was wrong. People go so wrapped up in some pseudo political shit that they voted no. It's funny cause I think you'd struggle to find a western country that had a major shift as a result of a political change.

Ireland fought tooth and nail for it's independence, most of Scotland voted it away. I had to deal with lads in Ireland joking that Scotland "lost" the vote. Embarrassment. The one plus side is Glasgow and everywhere around the area voted Yes. As a result, it only reaffirms my hated of anywhere else in Scotland.

In the immortal words of Groundskeeper Willie, "Brothers and sisters are natural enemies, like Englishmen and Scots, or Welsh and Scots, or the Japanese and Scots, and Scots and other Scots. Damn Scots, they ruined Scotland".

Groundskeeper Willie represents the 45%
Old 10-09-2015, 12:33 AM   #331
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

simpsons did it. i admire your clout and ability to quote the simpsons in such a poignant way. anyway, i'm at least 80% scots irish and am disconnected from my heritage.

link me up.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:38 AM   #332
Dearg
Something Else

I watch Irish movies and drink Guinness. I've got four leaf clover, leprechaun, celtic cross and celtic animal tattoo. Oh, and a red beard. Do I qualify?
Old 10-09-2015, 01:16 AM   #333
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

Quote:
I watch Irish movies and drink Guinness. I've got four leaf clover, leprechaun, celtic cross and celtic animal tattoo. Oh, and a red beard. Do I qualify?
kindest of sirs. you qualify for many things which you currently cannot claim.
just keep doing you. dont get any tattoos above your ass tho. that's ass-king for a pounding.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:50 AM   #334
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

@sraL Ill try to get this to you by Saturday latest Monday
Old 10-09-2015, 01:50 AM   #335
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

Maybe Sunday...

perhaps tomorrow

lol prolly not tomorrow
Old 10-09-2015, 02:01 AM   #336
Dearg
Something Else

Lol. Only back piece I'll be getting covers my spine and shoulder blades.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:09 AM   #337
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Thought voting will be over by now.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:12 AM   #338
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:
I'm guessing the vote didn't cross the border. Scotland got a vote earlier this year I think. Leave Britain (or the UK, whichever one) or not. 55% voted no, hence...I consider myself in the 45% (by proxy, I didnt have the money to travel to vote :()

Some ridiculous shit too. Some videos of guys walking down the street singing anti-independence songs, one some guys ripping a Scotland flag out of a crying teenage girl's hands.

I always thought "Why are people bringing British flags to Rangers games? Aren't us Scottish people inherently against Britain?" but I guess I was wrong. People go so wrapped up in some pseudo political shit that they voted no. It's funny cause I think you'd struggle to find a western country that had a major shift as a result of a political change.

Ireland fought tooth and nail for it's independence, most of Scotland voted it away. I had to deal with lads in Ireland joking that Scotland "lost" the vote. Embarrassment. The one plus side is Glasgow and everywhere around the area voted Yes. As a result, it only reaffirms my hated of anywhere else in Scotland.

In the immortal words of Groundskeeper Willie, "Brothers and sisters are natural enemies, like Englishmen and Scots, or Welsh and Scots, or the Japanese and Scots, and Scots and other Scots. Damn Scots, they ruined Scotland".

Groundskeeper Willie represents the 45%
It prolly doesn't make sense since I'm not from Scotland, but this truly saddens me. I always imagined visiting Scotland and England and hoped to see two completely different countries and heritages to learn about. It seems they may be one in the same by the time I get there.
I had jess watch braveheart because I've always loved that movie and she didn't understand how much it represented what I wanted to learn about.
I fear Germany and Greece will be just as disappointing if I make it to either of those as well
Old 10-09-2015, 02:18 AM   #339
Dearg
Something Else

God is up 2-0.
Timeless is up 1-0.
Vivid is up 3-1.
Eth is up 3-0.
Razah and NYC are tied 3-3.
YDK is up 2-0.
Mr. J is up 2-1.

So realistically only like six people have voted all together lol.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:23 AM   #340
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godcomplex View Post
Thought voting will be over by now.