Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 5 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-12-2015, 05:00 AM   #81
Dearg
Something Else

Battle Record: 1-2

Dearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant future

like the name buddy.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:10 AM   #82
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum View Post
So, I met Adonis. that was pretty cool. for the record, he is a legit ass dude. Quite hospitable and optimally cool in any way you could ask of a bro. AND he'll kick some dope flows once you get a drink or two in him!

i've been out for a while but this week's topic is pretty cool.
whoever chose them, I like mine. happy to be back home. you guys are chill. i didn't do a topical until probably.. 2012? feel late in the game, but i'm grasping ahold of the spirit.
good luck to everyone this week! lets make it a week worth remembering and write for the /v.
It's from one of my favourite singer/songwriters. I could quote the entire thing.

It's probably not to everyones taste, but his lyrics are brilliant. The song is called "A New England"

Quote:
I was twenty one years when I wrote this song
I'm twenty two now, but I won't be for long
People ask me "When will you grow up to be a man?"
But all the girls I loved at school
Are already pushing prams
LOL I love that.

Quote:
I loved you then as I love you still
Though I put you on a pedestal,
They put you on the pill
Such acerbic dry wit against a folk song background. Absolutely brilliant.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:20 AM   #83
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearg View Post
like the name buddy.
? wot? was this directed at me? or did i just assume i'm the center of the universe because i posted before you did?

@sraL well, i listened to a few different versions before I checked back to see who it was written by. boy, did they fuck that one up proper.
but this guy is cool as shit. i would like to jam with him at a pub and knock back a dozen pints or so. at least. he could sing a drinking song if any man ever could, i can tell you that much for certain.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:22 AM   #84
JESODIST

Battle Record: 3-3

JESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant future

Hello @sraL I already posted my rhymes...And you are all right... I have no idea what i am Doing so I took the original topic and split it in two 2 then wrote a verse under each sub topic...Thank you for recruiting me... GOOD NIGHT
Old 10-12-2015, 05:42 AM   #85
JESODIST

JESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant futureJESODIST has a brilliant future

@Erebus You sound like Divine Effect's little Brother... Devine Effect was a respected vet on Spoken Vs Written till he sold his account an cheated on a battle against a battle rapper who used to call himself Decapitator...On here Decapitator currently goes by the nama Zygote... Nigma was a very respected vet on spokentoo an there was this other guy by the name of Krill who i think belongs here on this site...If i had a youtube account i'd message him but anyways, This is probably the best site i've encountered so far...

Last edited by JESODIST; 10-12-2015 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:48 AM   #86
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum View Post
? wot? was this directed at me? or did i just assume i'm the center of the universe because i posted before you did?

@sraL well, i listened to a few different versions before I checked back to see who it was written by. boy, did they fuck that one up proper.
but this guy is cool as shit. i would like to jam with him at a pub and knock back a dozen pints or so. at least. he could sing a drinking song if any man ever could, i can tell you that much for certain.
hahahaha!

billy bragg does a great cover of "tracks of my tears" imo

i'm not usually a fan of covers, but i do like his
Old 10-12-2015, 05:52 AM   #87
Dearg
Something Else

Dearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant future

lars
Old 10-12-2015, 05:53 AM   #88
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESODIST View Post
Hello @sraL I already posted my rhymes...And you are all right... I have no idea what i am Doing so I took the original topic and split it in two 2 then wrote a verse under each sub topic...Thank you for recruiting me... GOOD NIGHT

much respect, good sir

i'm glad to have you on board!

Quote:
@Erebus You sound like Divine Effect's little Brother... Devine Effect was a respected vet on Spoken Vs Written till he sold his account an cheated on a battle against a battle rapper who used to call himself Decapitator...On here Decapitator currently goes by the nama Zygote... Nigma was a very respected vet on spokentoo an there was this other guy by the name of Krill who i think belongs here on this site...If i had a youtube account i'd message him but anyways, This is probably the best site i've encountered so far...
battles go up weekly, i can always "tag" you in your battle thread to alert you to them

writers usually "check-in" out of courtesy to show their opponents they intend on showing up

its not vitally important, just something you may want to do in future weeks

i hope you enjoy your time here!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:54 AM   #89
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearg View Post
lars
?

i'm at work right now

talk in an hour or so
Old 10-12-2015, 05:56 AM   #90
Dearg
Something Else

oh you're fucking funny...lol...
Old 10-12-2015, 10:02 AM   #91
2tripple0
death warmed over

Battle Record: 6-21

2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0

some stupid shit
Old 10-12-2015, 11:39 AM   #92
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Decap was @zygote? That's funny. I was probably getting Zygote to battle in my LB topical tournament and talking to him on SvW at the same time and we didnt know who was who haha.

Zygote I know the chances are very small but you have any idea what my username was? I was accused of being you on the forums, I think I called you out a lot but only because you were supposed to be retired. I battled some dude called Dragon Fist too. I just recycled all my lines from LB anyways. Probably about 2 or 3 years ago.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #93
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Na zygote isn't Decap, zygote went by zygote and a few other names forgotten by me haha
Old 10-12-2015, 02:58 PM   #94
2tripple0
death warmed over

Battle Record: 6-21

2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0

what ever happened to rawnold macdonald and fresh a diddle are they still around?
Old 10-12-2015, 03:35 PM   #95
Dearg
Something Else

Negative.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:59 PM   #96
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

I wish fresh was

She was a beast
Old 10-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #97
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

lol
Old 10-13-2015, 01:05 AM   #98
JESODIST

@Nigma Zygote is really Decap...Decap started being unactive after he ducked a challenge from you... You had a verse that said something about him pooping semen i remember that was a stiff challenge...I am pretty sure Decap and him are the same person but thats me... @EtH i don't remember your alias but you were one of the fews that defeated DragonFist...I also challenged him a month after we dissed each other under battle comments...The challenge was so well prepared that he ducked it...But like i said i am new here but like God Complex said my native language makes makes it kinda difficult for me to keep up with real American Writers... @sraL I am Hispanic and thanks feel free to add me into your events...Its not about win or loss...Its all about learning...

Last edited by JESODIST; 10-13-2015 at 03:29 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:28 AM   #99
Dearg
Something Else

Witty!!!
Old 10-13-2015, 01:55 AM   #100
Razah
rockkFresh

Battle Record: 8-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

Quote:
..But like i said i am new here but like God Complex said due my native language makes makes it kinda difficult for me to keep up with real American Writers..
Let's have a topical match en espaƱol.