Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 5 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-28-2015, 03:35 PM   #241
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Law View Post
Big deal he went some lines over. It's no different than stretching deadline dates so people can post their verses. Just have him delete a few lines, or just run with the battle.
There is that rule for a reason if it isn't going to be enforced why even have the rule? Also, if you knew Frank you would know that if you or I did the same thing or posted after the time, an extension essentially, he would call you on it. treat others as you will like to be treated because others will remember it. In fact, before the match he basically told me will not allow any extension for me. So, I will also not allow him to go over the line and word limit. And deleting and modifying your verse is not allowed at this point.

Last edited by UnbornBuddha; 10-28-2015 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:47 PM   #242
2tripple0
death warmed over

Battle Record: 6-21

2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0

lol point game set match
Old 10-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #243
The Law

Battle Record: 3-2

The Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godcomplex View Post
There is that rule for a reason if it isn't going to be enforced why even have the rule? Also, if you knew Frank you would know that if you or I did the same thing or posted after the time, an extension essentially, he would call you on it. treat others as you will like to be treated because others will remember it. In fact, before the match he basically told me will not allow any extension for me. So, I will also not allow him to go over the line and word limit. And deleting and modifying your verse is not allowed at this point.
I gotcha, I understand where your coming from then. But in most cases I'd just let it slide. It'd be the same for due dates tbh which would fuck a lot of people if their wasn't such a leniency on it. Maybe it's just me but it's whatever, extra lines or due dates don't mean anything if you bring the better verse.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #244
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Law View Post
I gotcha, I understand where your coming from then. But in most cases I'd just let it slide. It'd be the same for due dates tbh which would fuck a lot of people if their wasn't such a leniency on it. Maybe it's just me but it's whatever, extra lines or due dates don't mean anything if you bring the better verse.
just wait till you get to know frank lol

a couple weeks ago he went over the line limit and nothing happened. the following week his opponent went over the line limit and he tried to have him dq'd.

i actually thought he was gonna kill himself after the last L he took tho, guess we should all just be happy hes still around. if you take him with a grain of salt hes pretty entertaining
Old 10-28-2015, 08:13 PM   #245
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

battles closed in T-minus 4 hours

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-28-2015, 08:22 PM   #246
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

I counted 710 lines which is 60 over 650 maximum line limit

Buddha rightfully had the choice to request DQ and thus is granted the victory

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-28-2015, 08:29 PM   #247
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
just wait till you get to know frank lol

a couple weeks ago he went over the line limit and nothing happened. the following week his opponent went over the line limit and he tried to have him dq'd.

i actually thought he was gonna kill himself after the last L he took tho, guess we should all just be happy hes still around. if you take him with a grain of salt hes pretty entertaining
With the amount of salt you need to deal with Frank you're gonna end up with cardiac arrest.

To be fair I was only fucking with him on the line limit since he sharked me.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:01 PM   #248
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

i have lines written @Witty hope to see you on the battlefield
Old 10-29-2015, 12:09 AM   #249
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

@Spoken thanks bruh. I really wanted to write for nothing this week.
You really came through man. thanks so much.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:53 AM   #250
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus fucking Christ, can't you guys just write a verse, within the line limits, and post it on time?

This shouldn't really be difficult.

You've done it for years.

I'm a grown man, married, with a full time job.

I help mod to help you guys out and give you a place to write competitively. I'm not a babysitter here to resolve your petty differences and attempts to get sneak wins over one another. That's childish shit. We shouldn't have to be making judgements like that week in and week out. You make this a bigger deal than it ever needs be.

Chill the fuck out with that shit.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #251
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
RULES ARE 48 LINES OR 650 WORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
Emily groaned, as her Mother shook the thermometer, the silver mercury, jellington froze1
She inspects the cold thermometer with perplex, in woe - When it explodes, metallic splatter freckles her nose2
The Upstairs Bedroom Flickers from the sidewalk looking up... light bulb embers aglow3
Mother looks out the window distraught, in discrepancies shadows
As a Priest walks up behind her offering sentimental console,4
Emily moaned, tied to the bed post - daintily, scarred wrists red in the rope.5
Feminine mope that fluctuates between whimpering and viciously screaming from the deepest depths of her throat6
Shrieking in a octave, swelling the node. Its voice isn't human - Demented in tone, the sound registers unknown in my temples lobe7
Bassy without treble: It spoke in espanol, ancient: ancestral menacing, troll-like tremblingly low.8
Demonic. The mother vomited on the Priests Shoes - Putridly, she bellowed on his soles.9
Decrepitly gross. All the while, Emily still is in the fight of her life for the possession of her soul.10
The Priest had seen enough, He cleaned off his heavenly robe as Emily rose from the bed with suspense in her toes.11
She dropped back to the bed and contorted her anorexic figure into a pretzeling pose.12
Her Mother, A devoted Catholic woman slapped Emily ferociously in attempt for her to get a hold13
Of herself. But she was back handed back with a supreme power that sent her reeling backwards, almost out of the window that never was closed14
Emily’s eyes are Blacker than the Cat that steps on the coal, in the living room by the fireplace: its eyes orientally doe.15
The Cat Jumps up on the bed purring, & Emily begins petting it slow16
The Priest considers unlocking the metal bolts, but he's hesitant though, understandably so: she isn't Well17
"Emily'' Mother says with a wretched tone: "Let it go!" - Emily is simply petting the cat without any bad intentions18
"Let it go!" The Priest looks at the mother absurdly - As if she is the one who needs an Exorcism19
Emily Jokes "Uno es demasiado duro en Emily" twisting its neck around - her eyes rebelliously roll20
The Lights Flicker On The Top Floor Window, The neighbors begin to exit their homes21
Emily groans, wrestling her own demons in the depth of her bones,
she ferally foams at the mouth yellowish throw-22
up - like basement mold residue, it simmers like boiling hot water when the kettle gets froze.23
"Never fret" The Priest gets on the phone - A maniac in shackles in the background: Emily Rose24
The phone rings in his ear consecutively...
"Hello"25
It is Saint Francis, The priest had to call his good friend, Especial - The Pope26
Emily Rose speaks disrespectfully: urinating, excrementing her clothes27
Emily Rose heckles the Pope - sticking her tongue out violently venomously so28
Green skin speckled like a leper, it spoke29
"Mother, Who Are All These people?" She says in English no longer in Espanol.30
Mother runs over as Emily begins talking pig Latin in a deadly medley provoked31
The Pope throws Holy Water at It, splashing the blessing32
Emily’s soaked, Its mannerisms become gentle, her shoulders no longer depressing and sloped33
Emily drones out looking around for her sanity, as a satanic force re-enters its host34
Tearing out her hair, dreadfully, Emily Yells wilder than A kennel that’s closed35
The Prayer group opens the bible - to quote chapter 7, verse 11: it goes36
'So if you who are evil know how to...' Emily rose off the bed again,
then fell like a stone37
mother looked on neglectfully - without a shred of hope.38
Emily Rose had been diagnosed with Schizophrenia, they were told she was mentally slow:39
Her temper would grow until she became torrentially uncontrollable and detrimental to folks40
But Mother was a monster; she resented Emily for reasons consequentially unknown41
- Stirring Cyanide into her Alphabet soup.. settling to the bottom of the end of the bowl42
The Pope notices the mother looking Rejected; Instrumental to the whole thing - it hides the medicine in its coat.43
Revenge in its motives, it revels in Emily’s groans - it endlessly loathes44

Parental control
The power of Christ compels you: Emily’s Atoned45
Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't 46

Last edited by Frank; 10-29-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:02 AM   #252
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

@Unborn Buddah
Old 10-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #253
The Law

Battle Record: 3-2

The Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant futureThe Law has a brilliant future

Damn man two wasted verses on my part.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:24 PM   #254
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

I made it 4 lines in before thinking "Wait why doesn't this count as a line?" :D
Old 10-29-2015, 12:48 PM   #255
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

Is next week playoffs?
Old 10-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #256
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
I made it 4 lines in before thinking "Wait why doesn't this count as a line?" :D
My thoughts exactly, lol.

No hard feelings Frank, rules are rules.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #257
timeless
past tense

Battle Record: 22-39

timeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godcomplex View Post
My thoughts exactly, lol.

No hard feelings Frank, rules are rules.
Looks to be that's the one and only line he missed counting. So that would make 47, still one line short of the limit.

Battle should be opened and you should get over it bruh
Old 10-29-2015, 02:27 PM   #258
timeless
past tense

Battle Record: 22-39

timeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
Is next week playoffs?
Pretty sure we're on week 14 so two more weeks then playoffs
Old 10-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #259
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Pretty sure this is week 15 so next week would be the final week

And no timeless. A rule is to keep your verse under 650 words which he did not.

48 lines or 650

So you can't post 651 with out permission from competitor but you can go over 48 as long as it's less then 651. This has been known for years, how about not pushing the name of the rule. I'm done

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #260
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeless View Post
Looks to be that's the one and only line he missed counting. So that would make 47, still one line short of the limit.

Battle should be opened and you should get over it bruh
There's actually loads of examples he did it. He counts two lines as one line because it didn't have the scheme or something. Anyways, I don't really care. I was only winding him up since he tried to get me DQed for being like 4 lines over the other day.