Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 06-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #21
...the Nagger

Battle Record: 4-4

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
I think you guys need to take into account that not only can prime Roy Jones really knock out any man with a perfectly placed punch, but that prime Roy Jones was MUCH heavier than Bruce Lee. Lee could win because it's a kickboxing match, but Jones only has to land one clean shot to win the fight.

I don't get all the hype on Bruce Lee. He's a beast martial artist, but Bren Foster has probably more martial arts credentials right off the bat. Bruce Lee was only as popular as he was through the movies. None of you know his fighting ability. Tony Jaa can rainbox kick about 3 times his height, can he use that in a fight? Probably not. Lee COULD have been the greatest fighter of all time, based on his work rate though. People always say "An MMA fighter could just take Bruce down and beat him up". 100% true, but that's because Bruce Lee wasn't an MMA fighter. You'd struggle to find anyone in the world with the training regime and ethic of Lee, so give him that specific style to train in, and he kills it.

Roy Jones wins by KO for me though. Size difference is too much.
thank you. this was starting to get ridiculous

you tellin me this little dude can beat HOF Boxers of our generation???

like cmon yall sound silly.

y'all need top get off his D
...the Nagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #22
...the Nagger

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by trap View Post
Metts, no-one is treating him that way. Roy Jones is the greatest .. at boxing. Bruce Lee was the greatest in martial arts, which encompasses boxing (in a variation) and MUCH more. Bruce Lee was the best, if not one of the best, in any form of fighting he tried.
1. aren't you metts?

2. Boxing > Martial arts (opinion of most active fighters regardless of style)

3. Bruce Lee was not the greatest Martial Artist ever, man, he ain't even close

4. RJJ was not the greatest boxer ever
Old 06-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #23
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
I've watched the same Bruce Lee films that you have. You must have watched his millions of well documented fights.
no its because i know what im talking aboutt, bruce lee had tons of fights, not to mention trained with some of the best grapplers there ever was. even people like bill superfoot wallace and shit still say bruce lee was the best fighter they ever seen because he was trained in so many different styles and he constantly had to fight.

roy jones can box thats it and thats all he would do. size has nothing to do with your ability as a fighter i dont give a fuck what yall say thats dumb as shit, speed, strength etc has much more to do with it then your size.

if you don't know what the dude done or accomplished how could you actually speak on it like you do know?
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #24
God Of War
The Landlord

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
I was fucking with you on that Norris / Jabbar shit.

I could see Roy winning every one to two times out of ten that they fought. I'll give Roy that, just because once in a while, he has to get lucky / catch him off guard, especially if this is a street fight.

Here's where we go into all these "what-if's" though..
I don't even give himt hat bro cuz lee was much more of a street fighter,
Old 06-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #25
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

You guys aren't taking in account the RIDICULOUS strength of a professional boxer either. There's a reason people said if James Toney, one of the worse current popular boxers in the world, landed on Randy Couture, it was over. Jones lands ONE punch on Lee, Lee is out.
EtH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #26
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Of War View Post
no its because i know what im talking aboutt, bruce lee had tons of fights, not to mention trained with some of the best grapplers there ever was. even people like bill superfoot wallace and shit still say bruce lee was the best fighter they ever seen because he was trained in so many different styles and he constantly had to fight.

roy jones can box thats it and thats all he would do. size has nothing to do with your ability as a fighter i dont give a fuck what yall say thats dumb as shit, speed, strength etc has much more to do with it then your size.

if you don't know what the dude done or accomplished how could you actually speak on it like you do know?
Gene LeBell would have been the grappler to mention. But you really think Bruce Lee would want to grapple with a man twice his size, and a man who could knock him out in one punch? Show me ANY proof that Bruce Lee was a big time successful fighter, beyond speculation. He diffidently had a few fights. A few fights Vs one of the best prime boxers of all time.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #27
God Of War
The Landlord

bullshit, lee was known as a combat fighter, fought in tons and tons of exhibitions around the world and etc. jones wouldnt even hit lee
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #28
...the Nagger

Quote:
I was fucking with you on that Norris / Jabbar shit.

I could see Roy winning every one to two times out of ten that they fought. I'll give Roy that, just because once in a while, he has to get lucky / catch him off guard, especially if this is a street fight.

Here's where we go into all these "what-if's" though..
well these aren't what ifs:

- Bruce Lee has 0 professional experience fighting

- Roy is a HOF professional boxer

- Roy Jones Jr's first 50 fights he finished 49-1, with the 1 loss coming when he wouldn't stop punchin someone. that means he fought 50 other professional fighters, like you kno, not extras on a movie set, but grown men looking to win money, he beat all of em with no problem

- Roy would have 30-40 pounds over Lee

- Roy would have several inches of Reach over Bruce

- Roy would be in better FIGHTING (notice I said fighting) shape than Lee

- Roy Jones would be the fastest competitor Bruce Lee ever saw irl

- Roy won a belt 20 different times in his career, ranging through different weight classes, fighting all different sizes and speeds/strengths present in one of the most competitive eras of boxing

there's no way that this guy who is over matched and did mostly movie kung fu, would "destroy" one of the greatest fighters ever in the world, simply because he made Enter the Dragon

Metts seems to acknowledge his lack of fighting experience but for some reason doesn't see that as a factor when comparing the two?

Last edited by ...the Nagger; 06-11-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #29
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Gene LeBell would have been the grappler to mention. But you really think Bruce Lee would want to grapple with a man twice his size, and a man who could knock him out in one punch? Show me ANY proof that Bruce Lee was a big time successful fighter, beyond speculation. He diffidently had a few fights. A few fights Vs one of the best prime boxers of all time.
Bruce lee had hundred of exhibition fights, nto to mentionw hy would dudes like superfoot,chuck norris, etc say that bruce lee was the best fighter they ever seen? wtf would they have to lie for.

superfoot himself said that bruce lee studied and knew many different ways to fight a man that he was a combat fighter
Old 06-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #30
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...the Munster View Post
well these aren't what ifs:

- Bruce Lee has 0 professional experience fighting

- Roy is a HOF professional boxer

- Roy Jones Jr's first 50 fights he finished 49-1, with the 1 loss coming when he wouldn't stop punchin someone. that means he fought 50 other professional fighters, like you kno, not extras on a movie set, but grown men looking to win money, he beat all of em with no problem

- Roy would have 30-40 pounds over Lee

- Roy would have several inches of Reach over Bruce

- Roy would be in better FIGHTING (notice I said fighting) shape than Lee

- Roy Jones would be the fastest competitor Bruce Lee ever saw irl

- Roy won a belt 20 different times in his career, ranging through different weight classes, fighting all different sizes and speeds/strengths present in one of the most competitive eras of boxing

thats wrong, jeet kun do fighters is known to have the fastest speeds in professional fighting including boxing. plus lee was alot faster then jones
Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #31
...the Nagger

Quote:
bullshit, lee was known as a combat fighter, fought in tons and tons of exhibitions around the world and etc. jones wouldnt even hit lee
nigga that sounds insae. yes he would hit lee

and where are these exhibitions? you're making stuff up gow
Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #32
Joe Metts

Battle Record: 14-6

Joe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Joe Metts

Im not trap man.

Just cause were from md?

Aren't you butler, fake frac and richard corey.

Y'all are black. Makes sense.
Joe Metts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #33
Evolve
Planet of the Rapes.

Battle Record: 1-3

Evolve has a brilliant futureEvolve has a brilliant futureEvolve has a brilliant futureEvolve has a brilliant futureEvolve has a brilliant futureEvolve has a brilliant futureEvolve has a brilliant futureEvolve has a brilliant futureEvolve has a brilliant futureEvolve has a brilliant futureEvolve has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...the Munster View Post
thank you. this was starting to get ridiculous

you tellin me this little dude can beat HOF Boxers of our generation???

like cmon yall sound silly.

y'all need top get off his D
Okay, I'm going to pick out some flaws in your theory here.

Roy Jones was strictly a boxer. He could punch, yes but he wasn't versatile.
Your opinion really comes out from the fact being Roy Jones was 'Bigger' than Bruce Lee... and yes, he was. However, Bruce Lee WAS versatile. He trained martial arts in a way that could defend him from the BIGGEST of opponent. Size wouldn't matter because he was trained to stand up to ANYONE. Technique plays a big part in a fight.. If you haven't got technique then 9 times out of 10 you will lose. You can't charge into an army of soldiers without a shield and expect to NOT get stabbed. Bruce Lee HAD technique and he also had MORE speed than Roy Jones in his prime. Bruce Lee holds a record of punching faster and kicking faster in 1967 than ANY man on the planet. It was recorded that his famous 'One Inch Punch' was three times more fatal than a 30mph head-on car crash. That IS fact. Roy Jones' accolades doesn't even start to compare to Bruce Lee's.

Any man can punch and knock someone out if they hit the right spot. Not every man is versatile ontop of being able to punch three times harder than a 30MPH head-on car crash.

ALSO - you say Bruce Lee wasn't a fight... he was just in movies...

Think to yourself... Why was he in movies? Why did people want him to star in movies? How did he get noticed?

Because of his fighting and incredible combat/fighting techniques/style.

Last edited by Evolve; 06-11-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #34
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:

GoW, eddies obviously trollin somewhat

but if you honestly believe bruce lee could just handle roy jones like its nothing you are fooling yourself or dont know roy jones

granted if bruce lee knows judo or whatever which im sure he does, it could be a quick fight. but striking wise you could give bruce his speed quickness etc. roy's speed SIZE strength, REACH and quickness would body him.

roy jones would look like a giant next to him, and he is extremely quick and agile

if bruce lee was leg kicking and shit and locking up to throw him then word he'd probably get him. but he'd have to get close to roy. which he probably could lets be real. he's a little dude probably shoots quick as fuck

if it was a standup match tho i'd bet the house on roy, even knowing all he has in his repertoire is his hands
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #35
Joe Metts

Battle Record: 14-6

Joe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Joe Metts

Jackie Chan had slick movies. He'd beat Vlladamir Klitschko i bet.
Joe Metts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #36
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
GoW, eddies obviously trollin somewhat

but if you honestly believe bruce lee could just handle roy jones like its nothing you are fooling yourself or dont know roy jones

granted if bruce lee knows judo or whatever which im sure he does, it could be a quick fight. but striking wise you could give bruce his speed quickness etc. roy's speed SIZE strength, REACH and quickness would body him.

roy jones would look like a giant next to him, and he is extremely quick and agile

if bruce lee was leg kicking and shit and locking up to throw him then word he'd probably get him. but he'd have to get close to roy. which he probably could lets be real. he's a little dude probably shoots quick as fuck

if it was a standup match tho i'd bet the house on roy, even knowing all he has in his repertoire is his hands
but you forget he may not of been a professional boxer but lee studied boxing also for many years, bruce lee had speed and power. as evolve said roy jones would get fucked up

u can knock roy jones out so saying "if he hit him right" like everyone else said is crazy cuz if any one hits anyone right there done for lol
Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #37
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

yo to be honest

im terrified of black people from florida
Old 06-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #38
...the Nagger

Quote:
thats wrong, jeet kun do fighters is known to have the fastest speeds in professional fighting including boxing. plus lee was alot faster then jones
I ain't saying he wasn't, pay attention

Roy jones had without doubt one of the fast set of hands, period. that we can't argue

without gloves on he would be faster. Lee might edge him out, but it ain't like it would be a drastic difference in a street fight

I think you confuse shadow boxing and kicking dudes while they're standing there holding pillows as having fast hands during combat.

But let's say Lee is faster. that is LITERALLY the only advantage?

Jones would have size, strength, and experience by a long shot.

and to really think Roy wouldn't even hit him? really? someone who is a HOF box, middle weight mind you, won;t have the craftiness to hit someone with no hands

and Bruce Lee had no hands/guard. I've seen ton of vids with him on a heavy bag

he's only gonna be able to lean and twist but so much and having a disadvantage in size and strength I see him gettin gassed first too, noticeably
Old 06-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #39
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Bruce lee had hundred of exhibition fights, nto to mentionw hy would dudes like superfoot,chuck norris, etc say that bruce lee was the best fighter they ever seen? wtf would they have to lie for.

superfoot himself said that bruce lee studied and knew many different ways to fight a man that he was a combat fighter
Show me some proof of the exhibition fights.

Ali would probably say Frazier was the best fighter he's ever seen. What difference does that make?

Quote:
No it doest. Speed can be trained, but is also relative. When you take Capoeira and Tae Kwon Do, and even some more abstract arts like Snake style into account, many of the trainers would be faster than Bruce Lee. That's not trying to discredit Jeet Kun Do or Lee, he was insanely fast. It's just not as concrete as you make it sound. Yeah, Lee was MUCH faster than Jones, and for his weight class, Jones was one of the fastest of all time (another size thing though).

Bruce Lee COULD win. A side kick to the stomach would be hard as fuck for Jones to defend, given that he never has had to, and with the speed and power Lee puts into it, Jones might be in trouble. The problem is though, Lee was a small guy. To land his side kick, he's have to be pretty close. Jones would land the overhand right and probably take it.

Actually, Lee would almost def with. I think it would be one technique that would take it without too much effort, the knee strike. Jones, like all boxers, has small legs. Lee could cover up, throw in a knee stomp or side kick, and probably break or at least hyper extend it.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #40
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
but you forget he may not of been a professional boxer but lee studied boxing also for many years, bruce lee had speed and power. as evolve said roy jones would get fucked up

u can knock roy jones out so saying "if he hit him right" like everyone else said is crazy cuz if any one hits anyone right there done for lol
nah i get it and like i said earlier i think bruce lee would win just because he could control where the fight goes

if it was a standing striking match, i don't care if bruce lee was a quadruple black belt in every martial art there is, roy jones would body him.

but bruce lee would dominate everywhere else. from the clinch, judo throws, from the ground etc.

so in a street fight, bruce would probably win. he'd get on him like clay quida, stick to him and put him out.

in a sanctioned kickboxing type match that allows knees elbows, headbutts basically everything BUT grappling. i got roy jones all day, somewhat easily.

im sure bruce lee was strong, but he'd be the one in need of that lucky punch or kick