User Tag List

Old 07-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future
Default "Top tier" text battler dickriding, NY Stock exchange, mutual funds

Actually fuck text right now I want money. What stocks are u guys buying right now? I know aero's got that biotech shit which is EZ to google and see it's got the hottest return ATM but what might u be looking into when the tides shift for long term. I was thinking band aids, condoms, alcohol and coffee
NYCSPITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
Otpeks
LandLord

Battle Record: 2-1

Otpeks is on a distinguished road

I dont know shit about stock but here in about 4 months sonys stock is gonna explode
Otpeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #3
StarFaggot
Leave you flatlined.

Battle Record: 12-9

Champed
- Site Diss 2013
- Tag Team Tournament III

StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSPITZ View Post
Actually fuck text right now I want money. What stocks are u guys buying right now? I know aero's got that biotech shit which is EZ to google and see it's got the hottest return ATM but what might u be looking into when the tides shift for long term. I was thinking band aids, condoms, alcohol and coffee
If you want long term stocks you want to purchase stocks in a company that gives a dividend. You want companies that are under valued. The mantra is always buy low and sell high. You named items that people will always need but you make money in volatility. You could purchase stock in a company like Johnson & Johnson but unless you're paid you won't be able to buy many shares. And if you want shares in a conpany like Apple whosr stock is north of 400 then you'll have to invest in mutual funds. What I can do is show you my picks and why I picked them. You can learn a lot that way.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
StarFaggot
Leave you flatlined.

Champed
- Site Diss 2013

StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otpeks View Post
I dont know shit about stock but here in about 4 months sonys stock is gonna explode
Yes, the introduction of a new product will most of the time generate peoples interest in buying the stock.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
Otpeks
LandLord

Battle Record: 2-1

Otpeks is on a distinguished road

Im soooo smart...
Old 07-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

Aero's a funny ass dude yo.
Strikta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #7
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Thing is, it's far more complicated than that. Take Apple for example: positive growth, maintains huge earnings (profit margin only increasing), and sitting on huge liquid assets, and their stock value has still been falling. It's because psychology drives the market. But I won't bore you guys with Econ lessons. Just saying, looking at volume/PEG/etc isn't always an accurate indicator or predictor of performance.

As Aero pointed out, for someone just dabbling in the market, go with high yield dividends. Some companies like VGR actually give you a stock dividend once a year, on top of the quarterly. I'd recommend cigarette companies. If you're looking for tickers, try VGR, pm, mo. Mmm has been on fire lately, so has V. If you have limited money to invest upfront, look into investing with a Roth IRA. Sogo trade, scottrade and e trade are all reputable and fairly cheap to use as well.
oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #8
Philly
Only The Strong Survive

Battle Record: 8-8

Philly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats
It's because psychology drives the market. But I won't bore you guys with Econ lessons.
That's not true at all except in the short run - and Apple's margins missed estimates in consecutive quarters this year. Their growth has also not been as high as previous years, needless to say, but that too missed company/JP Morgan estimates. Any model of valuation you use will show you that Apple is undervalued by 150 minimum right now though. It fell because of what I already said, and because it was/is one of the largest holdings among institutional investors. They bailed early because they got in early and saw those signs to get out, and then it just snowballed. I expect it to rise to well over 550 by the end of this year...but keep speculating all you want, I'll be back to quote later.
Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #9
Philly
Only The Strong Survive

If you don't have money like that though and you want it quicker, day-trading and penny stocks is the way to go.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:46 AM   #10
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

That information is actually a tad inconclusive if you ask me. Apple's double digit profit nucleus was on the decline by 75% annually on most individual business scales, worldwide. Most investors bankrolled a gross installment & let the interest accrue before dumping stocks at an enormous rate almost instantly. Their estimates have plundered because of investors impatience & speculation. Just the way the cat shit cookie crumbled.
Strikta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:00 AM   #11
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

@Philly what's not true? Because your examples are all different models of psychology (estimates, forecasts etc).

I said nothing about Apple being undervalued, I'm talking about it's performance over the past two quarters. Obviously it's undervalued. But It has been steadily falling due to the factors you pointed out, as well as public insecurity regarding corporate reshuffling, lack of innovation, underwhelming product launches, comeuppance of competing technology, etc. But the company's bottom line (IE how much money it's making, trend of market share, growth) are all increasing. The fact that it isn't increasing as a result of people's estimates isn't an accurate view of the company's real value. It's psychological. Animal spirits, as economists have labeled them.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:05 AM   #12
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

@Strikta that kind of market manipulation is probably true, but I couldn't definitively say whether or not that happened. hit me with some info if you have it.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #13
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

cool advice in this thread thanks although the net worth of every poster here combined is well under 300k it's a starting point
Old 07-09-2013, 02:10 AM   #14
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
If you want long term stocks you want to purchase stocks in a company that gives a dividend. You want companies that are under valued. The mantra is always buy low and sell high. You named items that people will always need but you make money in volatility. You could purchase stock in a company like Johnson & Johnson but unless you're paid you won't be able to buy many shares. And if you want shares in a conpany like Apple whosr stock is north of 400 then you'll have to invest in mutual funds. What I can do is show you my picks and why I picked them. You can learn a lot that way.
I actually kinda do some quasi-market stuff in steam marketplace, while it's low risk low payoff ive made around $80 and kind of enjoy it

So I'm all ears to an applied Econ lesson, stocks are something I'd look to get into in a few years
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:12 AM   #15
Philly
Only The Strong Survive

@oats

They announced the $60 billion dollar buyback less than 2 months ago, Cook's bonus is now riding on the price rising - which he suggested to the board - and it just dipped below $400...

I guess I thought you had the opinion that it would continue falling, my mistake.
But investors generally base decisions on their valuation, primarily...not current public perception.
My main point though, is if you're going to buy Apple - tomorrow is the best time to do it.

Last free financial advice you ever get from me though you peasants, enjoy it
Old 07-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #16
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

I see what you're saying, and I agree with it. It's only a matter of time until it bounces back. I've been buying it steadily the past 6 months (plus they increased their dividend this year, which is nice - I think it's at 3.05).

What I was saying was those analysts drive the speculation of the people; they dictate how investors invest. Plus when you have people pumping and dumping, it only adds to that. But you're right.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #17
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

oatmeal what stocks u got other than apple
Old 07-09-2013, 02:43 AM   #18
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

all the other ones I mentioned plus

boh, mtge, nly, msft, fb. Also a handful of etfs. I've made steady gains since 2009 when I started independently trading, just takes patience, research and frequent monitoring.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:46 AM   #19
StarFaggot
Leave you flatlined.

Champed
- Site Diss 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly View Post
If you don't have money like that though and you want it quicker, day-trading and penny stocks is the way to go.
Thank you
Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #20
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

Day trading and penny stocks are much more volatile. High risk high reward etc etc. I'm more conservative in my approach personally, to each his own.

Tags
cakeolf hitler