Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #21
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

Strikta. You straight

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #22
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

OK I was about to pink slip cypher you brah
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #23
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

that can happen though.

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
Are you talking about the scene where Tommie Lee Jones is discussing his dreams?
THIS.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #25
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masaii View Post
Strikta try watching the Fountain, thats my number 1. It mught be a bit too artsy for you though if you are into more action films.

Veritas the ending is open to interpretation (if youre talking about tommy lee jones's dream). I got this off the net and share the same interpretation:

The last few scenes in the movie really sum up the movie's intent: I think that Sheriff Bell realizes that crime (evil) in our society will always be among us. A lawman (like himself and his father and his grandfather) can spend his (or her) whole life chasing "the bad guys" across the desert, in the dark and the cold until they are old and worn out, and then they must concede to a younger, more energetic and savvy police team to step in. That's how most crimes are effectively solved--even back 20-some years ago when this story supposedly took place. Remember when Bell's friend Ellis asks Bell, "Why are you quittin'?" Bell says, "I feel over-matched". In other words, he struggles to face the sheer enormity of the crimes he is attempting to thwart. Ellis replies: "This country is hard on people. Can't stop what's comin'. It ain't all waiting on you. That's vanity." Again, the idea is that Bell is too old for the job at hand, i.e., fighting unstoppable evil and feeling that he should still be chasing Chigurh.
I CONCUR. THANKS.

CALL IT.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #26
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

Pretty obvious the message behind the dream, imo.

Masaii hit it on the head.
Strikta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #27
Rawn M.D.

Which one was the one w the compressed air gun?
I always get the two mixed up. Same year n release time..
Old 07-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #28
Strikta

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

NCFOM

Anton has that thing & does work w/ it.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #29
Void

Void Void Void Void Void Void Void Void Void Void Void

No Country was a bit anti-climactic, but nearly a perfect movie. V for Vendetta. Eternal Sunshine. The Departed. Star Trek. Lars and the Real Girl. Good Dick. I Heart Huckabees. Watchmen. Dark Knight. Assassination of Jesse James. Inglorious Bastards. 500 Days of Summer. The Prestige. Stranger Than Fiction.

< Step Brothers.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #30
Masaii

When I watched no country at at first i was like fuck you wheres the final showdown but then realised that the ending made it into a classic rather than an average flick. V for vendetta i concur with ^
Old 07-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #31
Rawn M.D.

I heart Huckabee is the sht @Void
Old 07-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #32
Fart
You Next

Battle Record: 1-2

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

lol i forgot how old DD was. damn
Old 07-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #33
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
No Country was a bit anti-climactic, but nearly a perfect movie. V for Vendetta. Eternal Sunshine. The Departed. Star Trek. Lars and the Real Girl. Good Dick. I Heart Huckabees. Watchmen. Dark Knight. Assassination of Jesse James. Inglorious Bastards. 500 Days of Summer. The Prestige. Stranger Than Fiction.

< Step Brothers.
the departed was so fucking dope

never see no country for old men before
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #34
Ronic
Blood and Hunger

Battle Record: 2-4

Ronic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant future

Personally didnt care for V for Vendetta, Donnie Darko or Watchmen. Assassination of Jesse James tho has some of the best acting you'll find in a movie, period.
Ronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #35
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Gran torrino gotta be up there tho
Old 07-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #36
Utmost

Battle Record: 13-19

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Utmost has a brilliant futureUtmost has a brilliant futureUtmost has a brilliant futureUtmost has a brilliant futureUtmost has a brilliant futureUtmost has a brilliant futureUtmost has a brilliant futureUtmost has a brilliant futureUtmost has a brilliant futureUtmost has a brilliant futureUtmost has a brilliant future

The Prestige
The Departed
V for Vendetta
Zodiac
Oldboy
21 grams
dark night

No country is up there though

Last edited by Utmost; 07-17-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Utmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #37
Strikta

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Gran Torino was solid.

7/10
Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #38
Void

Void Void Void Void Void Void Void Void Void Void Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utmost View Post
The Prestige
The Departed
V for Vendetta
Zodiac
Oldboy
21 grams
dark night

No country is up there though
Few of those are a bit over that 10 year period, but yeah, Oldboy for sure if we're talking 2000 on.

I can see how Watchmen could maybe be a little too preachy/slow style wise, for some, but how can you not like V for Vendetta? I'm curious, because I generally just think anyone who doesn't like it is just dumb.

Gran Torino was pretty good. Kill Bill was in '03. American Psycho in 2000. I personally loved 3:10 to Yuma, but I wouldn't call it an amazing movie. Gangs of New York was '02. Bourne movies in the early 2000's. Up in the Air was a good movie is you're a bit older. A lot of people don't like Pandorum, but it's one of the better Sci-Fi/Horror's in the last decade. Saw was '04. LOTR, early 2000's. Walk the Line was solid. Cast Away, 2000. The Aviator was really good. Little Miss Sunshine. Vanilla Sky and A Beautiful Mind in '01. Troy in '04.

Lots of solid movies, but nothing in that No Country class. I liked Kill Bill and American Psycho more than No Country, but that's more about taste than the advanced sciences of what makes a 'film' good lol
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #39
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

I'm gonna have to peep this no country shit. Thought I saw it but my memory bank is drawing a blank on it. Wtf. Its getting to much hype for me not to view it. Gonna check it out
Old 07-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #40
Ronic
Blood and Hunger

Battle Record: 2-4

Ronic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant future

V for Vendetta was just hours of wankery yo. Coulda had the same concept and made a real serious deep fuckin classic film outta it, but they went for this flashy sell some tickets at the box office gimmickery shit... so you can use a lot of words wit v in it, so what. Id rather you say it with some fuckin prose about you than that wankish gimmickery shit. I liked the base idea of the movie, but the way they did it felt like it was aiming for popcorn enthusiasts and 12 yr olds man
Ronic is offline   Reply With Quote