User Tag List

Old 08-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #81
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Well then we can win off sheer bullshit lmao after the second round its all no show versus
Old 08-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #82
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battle Record: 3-5

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDK View Post
No an actual tourney just alot longer than the usual because of the different styles. The first "round" would be 3 battles per person one in each style, then the top records would move on to an elimination style round where best 2/3 moves on to the following round and have single elimination from there

i like YDK's idea, but feel like it's not complicated enough to hold everyone's interest. We need something much more convoluted and mindnumbing to keep members active.

What if we had an Elements type tournament where you had to write one verse an hour every hour for a week?

It would alternate: topical, battle, swag and flow, tag battle, tag and flow, live webcam beatbox slam, flag sew, battle, floral swagtropic, tropical sag bros. Entry fee is $210, everyone PayPals me to get a spot. You can put in less than $210, but if you do I flip a coin and if it's tails I keep your money. Then we shuffle everyone's entry bids around and rank them by proportion of the donor's bank account, and make teams.

Top income bracket (Team Diode) must perform their webcam beatbox jamboree in seersucker overalls in front of paisley wallpaper. If you don't have paisley wallpaper you can do paisley bodypaint. Second income tier is the Focus Group Namix P.A.C.T. Subroutine, your team color is Lexmark Printer Beige and you must speak in bullshit Silicon Valley neo-Buddhist truisms. Every time one of your team members is caught being non-PC your groups line limit is halved from 'historic Namix', which is 1068 lines. Any post not containing one of the following phrases: pawtna, brotha, vibes-- is grounds for immediate disqualification.

After the P.A.C.T. we have NYCSPITZ's paygrade, AKA the NYU Supersenior Commuter Students. No one takes you seriously financially, so just write about samurai ninja fuckfests or some bullshit.

Lastly we have Uh-Oh's dirt brigade. You are regrettably too poor to afford a team name or any device capable of capturing motion pictures so you can forward your beatbox raps via payphone, I'll host it on Soundclick and we'll spam links for it to your wholesale upholstery business's clientele.

If you don't have a job and are Muff, buy-in will be a dingy wifebeater selfie in the high school yearbook wank room of an Armenian oil rig.

The way battles will take place is that every two hours you are assigned an ethnic background by me. You must post threads and topics in the Discussion forum to determine which members are of different races. Hate speech will be condoned, unless you are a contributing moderator and then Hush will ban you on sight. Once you determine which members are of your race, PM a mod and post a thread to racebait all competing AND non-competing members. First person to reply is dubbed King Karaoke and must adopt one (1) played gimmick for the remainder of the tournament. At this point battles may move forward.

If you fall asleep at any time during the tournament, you will be put in North Dakota. The only way to escape is to drink a fifth of Maker's Mark and make regrettable choices on social media.

Topical battles will be entirely choose your own topics. Recycling is encouraged. Regardless of what you post, writer with the better reputation wins. These are considered "breather battles" because you don't really have to say anything in your vote to indicate you read the verses. Battlers who complain must wear dunce caps for all remaining beatbox video spotlight knockarounds (Dunce caps stack so be prepared)

Swag and flow battles will be thinly veiled judgments on the competitor's streetness. Votes must be conducted in the following format:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko Bishop
Look at me I swag and flow, Dr. Mario cockglove bruschetta blades
Clip-on tied Bags in a Monte Carlo with the Top Gun reflective paint
> nah
I'm artsy bubonic w/ sardine nootropics. Put the hammer to you
like Thor in a mortal kombat party pool conference w/ the scanner neutal
til you're farting glue nonsense
>feelin this flow
Every loss is one strike. When you get six strikes you can buy back in at Uh-Oh's net income. If you have five strikes and it's noon, your battle rotation shifts forward one compared to your opponent. None of this will be tracked and if we don't already know your username you probably won't win.

If at any point your shame becomes unbearable, you may create a tearful goodbye thread in Disc and ghost for six days before returning.

At the end of the week, we will host an impromptu battle cypher that will automatically count as a win, unless you have more posts in it than Chyeahhh. The tourney will conclude and no one will be happy.

First place gets one quarter of the pot + an accomp. Second place gets a third of the pot + a wallet picture of Diode's boat. Third place gets a dry handjob from YDK's estranged Tinder baby mama. Last place will be Amen and we won't acknowledge it until he forces our hand.

Tourney will be run by Strikta for six minutes until he loses interest, then by YDK with Sharp as damage control/ designated explainer of tough words. There will be a mag posted every 7 minutes but it will be written entirely in gangland semaphore.

Questions?

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-

Last edited by Split Eight; 08-27-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Split Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #83
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

I'm down for uhohs brigade tbh
Old 08-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #84
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

bump 4 feed RTF links l8r

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Split Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:59 PM   #85
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

lmao I started reading that shit like it was a genuine post

only realised the comedy gold a third of the way in

good job
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:08 PM   #86
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

THREAD UPDATE:

So I went 3-0 undefeated in the 1-2, signed out due to mod commitments but I'd have prob been in the Contenders match if I'd stayed in

Went 2-0 in the AOWL with wins over Nigma on an hours notice I'm proud of and a second over Timeless in the contendership.. I should have been in the champ match before Frank screwed me out of it. I signed out at 2-0.

Just champed the LGPA on my second attempt. Caught an L vs Innovator in a previous champ match, think I'm 4-1 in that league right now but records are disabled.

A third of the way to the challenge!

Lemme know how you guys get on!
Old 09-14-2015, 04:43 PM   #87
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
Just champed the LGPA on my second attempt. Caught an L vs Innovator in a previous champ match, think I'm 4-1 in that league right now but records are disabled.
Good stuff. The records are available in the league introduction/season standings thread.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #88
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dog View Post
i like YDK's idea, but feel like it's not complicated enough to hold everyone's interest. We need something much more convoluted and mindnumbing to keep members active.

What if we had an Elements type tournament where you had to write one verse an hour every hour for a week?

It would alternate: topical, battle, swag and flow, tag battle, tag and flow, live webcam beatbox slam, flag sew, battle, floral swagtropic, tropical sag bros. Entry fee is $210, everyone PayPals me to get a spot. You can put in less than $210, but if you do I flip a coin and if it's tails I keep your money. Then we shuffle everyone's entry bids around and rank them by proportion of the donor's bank account, and make teams.

Top income bracket (Team Diode) must perform their webcam beatbox jamboree in seersucker overalls in front of paisley wallpaper. If you don't have paisley wallpaper you can do paisley bodypaint. Second income tier is the Focus Group Namix P.A.C.T. Subroutine, your team color is Lexmark Printer Beige and you must speak in bullshit Silicon Valley neo-Buddhist truisms. Every time one of your team members is caught being non-PC your groups line limit is halved from 'historic Namix', which is 1068 lines. Any post not containing one of the following phrases: pawtna, brotha, vibes-- is grounds for immediate disqualification.

After the P.A.C.T. we have NYCSPITZ's paygrade, AKA the NYU Supersenior Commuter Students. No one takes you seriously financially, so just write about samurai ninja fuckfests or some bullshit.

Lastly we have Uh-Oh's dirt brigade. You are regrettably too poor to afford a team name or any device capable of capturing motion pictures so you can forward your beatbox raps via payphone, I'll host it on Soundclick and we'll spam links for it to your wholesale upholstery business's clientele.

If you don't have a job and are Muff, buy-in will be a dingy wifebeater selfie in the high school yearbook wank room of an Armenian oil rig.

The way battles will take place is that every two hours you are assigned an ethnic background by me. You must post threads and topics in the Discussion forum to determine which members are of different races. Hate speech will be condoned, unless you are a contributing moderator and then Hush will ban you on sight. Once you determine which members are of your race, PM a mod and post a thread to racebait all competing AND non-competing members. First person to reply is dubbed King Karaoke and must adopt one (1) played gimmick for the remainder of the tournament. At this point battles may move forward.

If you fall asleep at any time during the tournament, you will be put in North Dakota. The only way to escape is to drink a fifth of Maker's Mark and make regrettable choices on social media.

Topical battles will be entirely choose your own topics. Recycling is encouraged. Regardless of what you post, writer with the better reputation wins. These are considered "breather battles" because you don't really have to say anything in your vote to indicate you read the verses. Battlers who complain must wear dunce caps for all remaining beatbox video spotlight knockarounds (Dunce caps stack so be prepared)

Swag and flow battles will be thinly veiled judgments on the competitor's streetness. Votes must be conducted in the following format:

Every loss is one strike. When you get six strikes you can buy back in at Uh-Oh's net income. If you have five strikes and it's noon, your battle rotation shifts forward one compared to your opponent. None of this will be tracked and if we don't already know your username you probably won't win.

If at any point your shame becomes unbearable, you may create a tearful goodbye thread in Disc and ghost for six days before returning.

At the end of the week, we will host an impromptu battle cypher that will automatically count as a win, unless you have more posts in it than Chyeahhh. The tourney will conclude and no one will be happy.

First place gets one quarter of the pot + an accomp. Second place gets a third of the pot + a wallet picture of Diode's boat. Third place gets a dry handjob from YDK's estranged Tinder baby mama. Last place will be Amen and we won't acknowledge it until he forces our hand.

Tourney will be run by Strikta for six minutes until he loses interest, then by YDK with Sharp as damage control/ designated explainer of tough words. There will be a mag posted every 7 minutes but it will be written entirely in gangland semaphore.

Questions?
l3aned
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:10 PM   #89
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:
THREAD UPDATE:

So I went 3-0 undefeated in the 1-2, signed out due to mod commitments but I'd have prob been in the Contenders match if I'd stayed in

Went 2-0 in the AOWL with wins over Nigma on an hours notice I'm proud of and a second over Timeless in the contendership.. I should have been in the champ match before Frank screwed me out of it. I signed out at 2-0.

A third of the way to the challenge!

Lemme know how you guys get on!
In the champ match in the aowl and contender in poetry
1-2 is not workin out for me, I'm alot rustier than I thought lol
Old 09-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #90
puravida
sloth kong

Battle Record: 2-5

puravida has a brilliant futurepuravida has a brilliant futurepuravida has a brilliant futurepuravida has a brilliant futurepuravida has a brilliant futurepuravida has a brilliant futurepuravida has a brilliant futurepuravida has a brilliant futurepuravida has a brilliant futurepuravida has a brilliant futurepuravida has a brilliant future

let me see if i can do it
puravida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:13 PM   #91
fraze

Battle Record: 14-24

fraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
because people tend to see a WORD (A SINGLE WORD) in the bar and auto-sume the shit played

a lot of word plays get that type of reaction tho

and of course the generic cliches
holy shit. i'm quoting Amen for a sensible post.

maybe chyeeahh!!! was right about that doomsday shit.

holy shit. i might rep him. the world is coming to an end.
fraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:23 PM   #92
fraze

Battle Record: 14-24

fraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant future

Quote:

Questions?
itt Dr. Dog ethers netcees.
fraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:41 PM   #93
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Questions?
This is honestly the best post I've ever seen on Netcees.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #94
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

Lmao @ Split's post... that's good shit.
Strikta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:40 AM   #95
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Quote:
Second income tier is the Focus Group Namix P.A.C.T. Subroutine, your team color is Lexmark Printer Beige and you must speak in bullshit Silicon Valley neo-Buddhist truisms. Every time one of your team members is caught being non-PC your groups line limit is halved from 'historic Namix', which is 1068 lines. Any post not containing one of the following phrases: pawtna, brotha, vibes-- is grounds for immediate disqualification.
my faVORITE part
Old 09-15-2015, 04:48 AM   #96
Amen.
Banned

Battle Record: 16-9

Amen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant future

That nigga legit weird

And got wayyyyy to much time on his hands to

Who comes up w/ shit like that tho?

He do it often to

Sometimes they funny tho
Amen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:28 AM   #97
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

amen dont want it with split as far as disc board beef goes

never forget his masaiynora post
Old 09-15-2015, 08:07 AM   #98
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Dead dead dead dead.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:47 PM   #99
Razah
rockkFresh

Battle Record: 8-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

Quote:
The AOWL is the toughest but Razah (a text battler) was in the Champ Match last week. Even that is beatable to you all. All three is possible, it's just about who has that consistency to show week in week out to do it.

Lol, I took like a 10 year break from text battling. I came back & tried but my mind just doesn't think like that no more. *shrugs
Razah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:54 PM   #100
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:
amen dont want it with split as far as disc board beef goes

never forget his masaiynora post
I champed aowl and Frank no showed in the poetry champ match against me

Does this count towards 2/3?

Tags
get a boner-snap it in half, go to wendys-order nothing, humpty dumpty aka lars, humpty dumpty sat on a wall