Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > The Lime Green Poetry Association > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #1
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future
Default Week 18 Chat: Gilgamesh's Revenge

The Epic of Gilgamesh:

Quote:
He who has seen the history of Gilgamesh, he who knows all together that has happened to him together, he who has seen all kinds of wisdom and knows the mysteries and has seen what is hidden, he bringeth news dating farther back than the deluge.
-- Narrator (Tablet 1 paragraph Lines 1-6)

Discussion: How To Attract More Poets to the LGPA

Okay guys. I feel like we're lacking a slightly larger amount of core members to assure greater success for this league. So far I like this league: good writers, good voters, and a considerable degree of enthusiasm and spirit. This is a young league. We've got to become missionaries and go seek out some more talent!

Who's with me to try and ask at least 5 other poets you find on the internet (or in real life) to check out this league and possibly register/sign in. @Ullr @Rakontur @Frank @Objective @Destroyer @MMLP @sraL @Godcomplex @Knucklehead @Innovator @Hush @YDK @Spoken @Sn00p @Witty

Personal story/attempt:

I went on DeviantArt.com and browsed their Literature / Poetry section. I commented on 10 or so poems, and then came back when they replied, and asked them if they were interested in a poetry league. 5 or so declined but said thanks anyway. The other few said they would think about it, or keep it as a resource. None committed. I know that if I do this to 25 or so more poets on there, I'm bound to bring one stable, active participant in the league. If we all do this, I think we can attract 2 or 3 new poets.

If you aren't interested in doing this, but are interested in meeting and writing alongside other poets online, check out this great community with a ton of resources and opportunities to get feedback on your stuff: WritingForums.com (They don't allow blatant advertising)

Last edited by Vulgar; 10-26-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote