- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Talking 'bout this?

Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #102
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

si
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #103
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
Topicals just require more effort per verse than battles. More time, thought, etc. The common ground is that it's all rhyming, everyone should dabble in everything this site has to offer. If you consider yourself purely a battler, sign up for the Aowl and try it out. Vice versa applies as well.

I've champed more shit as a battler than as a topicalist, I wouldn't consider myself one over the other even though I don't actively battle anymore.
agree with stepping out of your comfort zone.

perhaps the netcees world needs an amalgam universe ...kinda like when the dc/marvel comics did the same thing and pretty much made all the heroes half and half. like batman was half wolverine also and vice versa.... it was either that or its when dc/marvel battled between themselves. i do know that batman stomped superman out with kryptonite boots though. werd.

anyhow. headed to badweathers crib. fuck yall though. 1
Old 04-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #104
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

STRONGARM, Stoic, and even Neighbor (when he wasn't doing the Tekken style with 'w/ weapon like [insert Greek god]' braggadocio thing)

Ex, Beyond, Prestige and Inn Deppth were good at making the transition too.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #105
big baby
obsessed

Accomplishments

Champed
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- colin kaepernick
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future

Which transition? Topical to battling or battling to topical?
Old 04-04-2014, 08:58 PM   #106
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge

They did it all. Poetry wasn't looked down upon either.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #107
Paradigm

Battle Record: 4-4

Champed
- The Ultimate Textcee
- NBL Cypher

Paradigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
STRONGARM, Stoic, and even Neighbor (when he wasn't doing the Tekken style with 'w/ weapon like [insert Greek god]' braggadocio thing)

Ex, Beyond, Prestige and Inn Deppth were good at making the transition too.
RIP Ex?
Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #108
big baby
obsessed

Accomplishments

Champed
- colin kaepernick

You're right they did do it all, but only two of those names stick out to me as being proficient in both. It's a rarity.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #109
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge

I remember on HollaFront where long bar thrived, topicals and open mics were seriously inspiring/awesome. The format was a cross between paragraph and elaborate presentation since battle bars used to be lengthened (some disparage this as being pointless)

It was a lot of fun to have all that freedom, and battlers were always popping up in the OM with contributions because they would turn their no showed battle verses into disses. They would also separately write crew disses... so it was a dynamic crossover that worked.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #110
Paradigm

Champed
- The Ultimate Textcee
- NBL Cypher

Paradigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant future

Quote:
I remember on HollaFront where long bar thrived, topicals and open mics were seriously inspiring/awesome. The format was a cross between paragraph and elaborate presentation since battle bars used to be lengthened (some disparage this as being pointless)

It was a lot of fun to have all that freedom, and battlers were always popping up in the OM with contributions because they would turn their no showed battle verses into disses. They would also separately write crew disses... so it was a dynamic crossover that worked.
Longbar boarding and shortbar boarding "cultures" are so different its kind of hilarious though
Old 04-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #111
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

I tend to disparage RB nowadays, but when I first registered one of the reasons I liked it there better than here was that there more creative avenues. There was battling, topical, poetry, haiku, 1-2, etc, so I was able to have fun with a bunch of different mediums (plus there were more quality writers there at the time it seemed). NC always stuck out to me as the superior battling site because of the NBL and fight nights.

Bottom line, people complain about shit not being active now, but all that needs to happen is more people need to actually get involved. regardless of what type of rhyming or writing it may be.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:23 AM   #112
Baron Mynd
PROVEN BITER

Baron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-level

Quote:
I repeat, again.

Any of the top battlers on this site can defeat ANY topical heads on ANY given day. Allen Knight or Bags can write a better topical verse than Lars or Frank. They have the ability to do so.

I repeat, again.

Any of the top battlers on this site can defeat ANY topical heads on ANY given day. Karaoke or Destroyer can write a better topical verse than dead man or Pent Up. They have the ability to do so.

I repeat, again.

Any of the top battlers on this site can defeat ANY topical heads on ANY given day. Hush or Tettris can write a better topical verse than PancakeBrah or oats. They have the ability to do so.

Am I coming across clearly?
I'd say it goes both ways, but I do agree, I think once you've done this a certain period of time we're all at a certain level of skill where anyone can beat anyone on their day. It just depends who wants it more. Ill nik-A's lines are far too long for him to cope with me in SnF, though.
Baron Mynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #113
Paradigm

Champed
- The Ultimate Textcee
- NBL Cypher

ill nika confirmed longbar battler
@ill nik-A
Old 04-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #114
Baron Mynd
PROVEN BITER

Baron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-level

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
Topicals just require more effort per verse than battles. More time, thought, etc. The common ground is that it's all rhyming, everyone should dabble in everything this site has to offer. If you consider yourself purely a battler, sign up for the Aowl and try it out. Vice versa applies as well.

I've champed more shit as a battler than as a topicalist, I wouldn't consider myself one over the other even though I don't actively battle anymore.
Agreed.

People forget I text battled long before I wrote topicals, and I was reasonably good at it. I tend to lose interest fairly quickly but i've put odd runs together in the RBL. Text battlings dope.
Baron Mynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #115
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
ill nika confirmed longbar battler
@ill nik-A
Huh... Maybe in 98
Old 04-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #116
Paradigm

Champed
- The Ultimate Textcee
- NBL Cypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Mynd View Post
I'd say it goes both ways, but I do agree, I think once you've done this a certain period of time we're all at a certain level of skill where anyone can beat anyone on their day. It just depends who wants it more. Ill nik-A's lines are far too long for him to cope with me in SnF, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill nik-A View Post
Huh... Maybe in 98

bolded part

lol
Old 04-05-2014, 08:18 AM   #117
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

I've never boasted about snf

I'm still goat dope
Old 04-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #118
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I'm dope at any kind of writing.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #119
Mael
Almighty

Battle Record: 2-3

Mael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant future

Quote:
I repeat, again.

Any of the top battlers on this site can defeat ANY topical heads on ANY given day. Allen Knight or Bags can write a better topical verse than Lars or Frank. They have the ability to do so.

I repeat, again.

Any of the top battlers on this site can defeat ANY topical heads on ANY given day. Karaoke or Destroyer can write a better topical verse than dead man or Pent Up. They have the ability to do so.

I repeat, again.

Any of the top battlers on this site can defeat ANY topical heads on ANY given day. Hush or Tettris can write a better topical verse than PancakeBrah or oats. They have the ability to do so.

Am I coming across clearly?
There is truth to this. Considering I've only written 2 topicals in my entire text career, the first, which received highly positive reviews, and the second getting a HOF nomination, it's safe to say as a battler, topical writing is ez, m8.

Problem? Come at me bro I'll wreck you m8.
Mael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:54 AM   #120
Seyance
-

Battle Record: 0-4

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night VII

Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
I was doing swag n flow before I even knew it was a thing.
weird cause you can't do it now

and yeah i'd like to see a battlers topical tourney and vice versa.
i'm a leave these niggas leaking like i'm julian assange.
Seyance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aero is successful in life, bucky o hares' shiny turds, rosanne butt volcano blaster