Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 11-21-2015, 04:01 PM   #21
Useless
100%

Battle Record: 9-12

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Oh oh OHHHHH

An I seen a little ncg at my kids cheerleading practice last weekend...

She was a little downsy....bbut I mean the girl had heart

So....they got the girls divided up into red squad an blue squad by their t shirt colors.....TEAMS BREAK INTO UR SQUADS.....our little ncg....in her red shirt.....head held high....strides over to the blue squad. No fucks to give. Of course every1 let's her promptly know that she is misguided ..and has ended up on the wrong team....to which she retorts to by barking at the nearest girl in ear shot. Soooo she remains on the blue squad. Point 1 for our ncg in training. Later on I glance over at this little gremlin an she has her winter hat pulled all the way over her face an just her tongue sticks out as she spins around like a helicopter during the jumping Jacks warm up session. Well at this point I'm impressed. Subscribed. So I watch her more....actually at this point she was all that I cared to even see.....she called the cheers out of count....an when I say she called the cheers.....I mean she just yelled out sounds and growled interesting things that caught most of the crowd off guard. At one point they do this thing where each cheerleader introduces themselves an does a little cheer jump....an they go from girl to girl......so they're moving along.....TAMMY TEEHEE....BRANDY HEEEHHEE....MONICA HOORAY......then....we arrive at our beautiful ncg......laying on the ground sprawled out......no response....legit unsure if she suffocated herself w the winter hat or if she was just having a little nap. This is the best practice they've ever had I thought.....see this girl was from the other class that starts earlier ...... but in true ncg fashion she apparently just showed up wenever the fuck she wanted an joined the group. Honestly idk if she even had parents. I think wen the practice was over she just kindve floated away in a magic little retard bubble to retire for the afternoon and hopefully grace us with her genius some day soon once more. Bless that child. An ncg was she.
Several parts of this leaned me

Rep
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:00 AM   #22
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battle Record: 3-5

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

According to the World Health Organization, healthcare costs need to be adjusted to match their worth with regards to longevity. Like, there's this SUPER bomb Hep C drug that has a 95% cure rate-- CURE rate. That's insane. It's an 84 day regimen, but costs $1000 a pill. It's an 84 day regimen, and 70,000 people used it in 2014

That's like 5.5 BILLION dollars of return

The thing is that it's incredibly hard to get a medicine pushed through the FDA. For instance, for colon cancer, there had been only one drug available from 1959-1995(ish). In that time, 70 colon cancer drugs were submitted for FDA approval and rejected

The ridiculous cost of drugs reflects the massive amount of research that pharma companies need to keep hitting bullseyes once every couple years. Whatever they can charge, they will charge, and it's the most effective way for them

But basically there will be drugs that virtually no one can afford that would cure so many of our problems.

The point is this- the WHO suggests normalizing the cost of medicines towards the value of extending a human life by one year. They currently recommend pricing drugs so that a drug that extends your life by one, good year should sell for 1-3x that country's GDP/ capita

So the cost of extending your life by one year is roughly $50K-150K
@PancakeBrah @Witty

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Split Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #23
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

What if you get free healthcare?

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:39 PM   #24
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dog View Post
According to the World Health Organization, healthcare costs need to be adjusted to match their worth with regards to longevity. Like, there's this SUPER bomb Hep C drug that has a 95% cure rate-- CURE rate. That's insane. It's an 84 day regimen, but costs $1000 a pill. It's an 84 day regimen, and 70,000 people used it in 2014

That's like 5.5 BILLION dollars of return

The thing is that it's incredibly hard to get a medicine pushed through the FDA. For instance, for colon cancer, there had been only one drug available from 1959-1995(ish). In that time, 70 colon cancer drugs were submitted for FDA approval and rejected

The ridiculous cost of drugs reflects the massive amount of research that pharma companies need to keep hitting bullseyes once every couple years. Whatever they can charge, they will charge, and it's the most effective way for them

But basically there will be drugs that virtually no one can afford that would cure so many of our problems.

The point is this- the WHO suggests normalizing the cost of medicines towards the value of extending a human life by one year. They currently recommend pricing drugs so that a drug that extends your life by one, good year should sell for 1-3x that country's GDP/ capita

So the cost of extending your life by one year is roughly $50K-150K
@PancakeBrah @Witty
You're not a real doctor.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:28 PM   #25
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
speaking as someone who makes 20k a year, an extra 5k isnt extending my life and i plan on clocking out from lung/liver/prostate cancer at 66.
lmao
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #26
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battle Record: 3-5

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
You're not a real doctor.

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Split Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:30 PM   #27
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Lmao

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote