Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 04-20-2023, 10:40 AM   #1
House of Leaves
Banned

House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves
Default NBL Season 17 [initial "nice guy" Mag]

Pharaohs just hmu for a Mini-Mag Supplement at 2 a.m.
IN:
Zuo: 0-0
Intro:
Self-proclaimed Mod-GOAT and Host-Extraordinaire.
[We'll see who can make a better 1-hour mag tho.]
I kid. A bit. As OTHERs, and I'm sure a bunch would agree: Zelph's Mod-bragging certainly has a history of productivity behind it. I think we're ALL a little bit tired of Pharaohs' & Lars' 25 names and 150 verses all over SOOOO... Here's to the Mod who wanted to make a last stand; and light things UP in the text world Spring/Summer 2023. Let's Go.
Personally (and I'm sure most would agree) I'd like to see very few no-shows and very few people posting a verse then GHOSTING the votes. Let's make this one count as far as participation...at least for a decent amount of weeks before every1 fizzles or gets bored. Na, that AIN'T happening w/ Zelph hosting and Pharaohs dropping a mixtape and keying verses in the blink of an eye &almost always voting.
Bar Analysis
Positives:
Smooth phonetics/some cool concepts&disses and ALWAYS a potential for a 1-line surprise LOTB or a quote in Pharaoh's signature.
Negatives:
Really gets into the weeds with the wordplay [sometimes intentionally to be over-the-top for humor]...but sometimes it is legitimate enthusiasm. When it hits - YEP. Pharaoh doesn't mind THAT ONE...
(but,) On the occasional miss? Well. There are some very smart 11 year-olds out there who may have executed the line better.

Adverse: 0-0
Intro:
Another quality Mod/Host [though: more often topical than battle] who has a history of productivity and "keeping things alive".
Pharaohs likes this guy's personality and general outlook...AND most of his writings/style.
Bar Analysis
Positives:
When he takes his time to really craft, edit, really expand that imagery or story...OR punch/diss? [I think he did a battle season couple yrs ago and got alot better in this arena]...
When he crafts it at max effort he has put out content that Universe has called "top notch" "top topical head"...and, based on his best 1 or 2 that I've ever seen, I'd agree. Great writer.
Negatives:
If Ad is bored, lazy, (perhaps not in the right head space), not editing much?, try a take or 2 before submit?....THEN his quality tends to suffer a bit... I MEAN WE'RE STILL TALKING DECENT/GOOD STUFF...But, much like Pharaohs (and frankly MOST writers)... those quick rush-jobs are USUALLY spotted as good. really good verse Ad. BUT, it's not GREAT. It's not AMAZING like those that caught Uni & Pharaohs' eye.

Blue Bayou: 0-0
Intro:
A true long-term legend who has been competing in & winning battles for many many years. He just won a 1-2 champ match elsewhere, with a clever closer. Pharaohs, as of Blue's last two posts, is now Love/Hate with this guy...much like the Lars relationship...whereas beforehand it was all love DESPITE the violent/graphic barz that were dropped using his "name"...

Personality:
Love
99.9% of Textcees would not be so kind/gracious/ "Water-off-a-duck's back" to allow an up&coming editor to hone his "battle"...ahem GAYSATIREBATTLE bars, with egregious abuse of one's rep and name... However, (UNTIL BLUE and/or Unfuk put that Sphinx in his place)...it is what it is. Practice with no real Malice. Maybe 2 "personals" out of DOZENS of *ahem* punches, if you want to call them that.
Blue ALSO kept old/dying threads alive here with random brags/jokes/jabs, over the past couple years (and I'd imagine even going back further).
Hate
Strong word. Like N & cunt. Let's revise:
Dislike
(Paradoxically,)As with many GOAT veterans, the entitlement and superiority just leaks out of his pores, including on his face, which moistens his sexy beard-stubble JUST A BIT.
Bars:
Love
Just one of the smoothest customers around, period. WITH longgevity & consitency to go with it! (Unless he's pasting in a Sinacog verse on a no-show or a trollpost).
Pharaohs thought one of his wordplay vs. Ajax bars was (ARGUABLY) TOP 5 wordplay in nc's history, along with BobbyD's swings bar. Of course fara's ego had him awarding a 4.5/5 and not the full 5....Five is almost like that hypothetical standard that a COUPLE unicorn bars get. I will revise for Pharaoh's his Harriet Tubman bar up to 4.75-4.8.
Back to the smoothness. If pharaoh ever needed a teammate for his "techno/electronic" instrumental execution, he might call Blue. For the syllable tightness & flow & whatnot.
Dislike
Occasional corny-ass wordplay and lame I'mSoSexy setups to rhyme something & brag (in an average manner) that he gets more pu$$ than all the incels around here.

DynamiCz: 0-0
Intro:
I don't know MUCH about Dy...but enough to make a blurb. (LOT of assumptions here being made though [don't mind me]). What I know about Dynamicz was he was a part of (what now..5 yrs ago?) I donno 3-6 yrs ago...He (to me) seemed to be part of an up&coming group who just started "pwning" the BA (along with BodySnatcher, Flow, Jabari, FEW OTHERS)...back a few years ago. He seems like a serious guy, but he can be amicable/jokey if necessary?...If I had to knock him on one little trait...I guess it'd be my (SO FAR ASSUMPTION) that he tends to stay in the "traditional lane", and an unconventional verse or opinion would ruffle his feathers a bit. But. Pharaoh and I are here for the bars so...he knows how to write battle bars:
Again, from what limited I've seen. HEAVY on the gun bars... and THAT'S OK if they are being executed nicely, and usually Dy does just that...Dy (AND those other 3 I mentioned) really know how to craft a verse. Mix in the disses/flips&plays WITH the gunz, etc.
Negatives:
Not much. I'm just gonna hark back to the intro here, and pose the open questions to DynamiCz: Does he have 1 or 2 change-ups in him? Just totally attempt a new style? Or try something very different even at the risk of it not garnering all the votes to do un-traditional? Can his ego handle spamtrolls such as Darker Ego or Pharaohs when they have a difference of opinon on "what's dope"?

Mac: 0-0
Sorry guys (&Mac)...this breakdown will be brief simply due to a small sample size. I am mostly aware of his recent 1-2s on RB...It's 3 AM and I've been writing all night, so I am not going to dig into the archives. Sorry. This is a from-memory mag.
Mac's 1-2s to me seemed very very solid. He never WOWED THE FUCK out of me, but I also don't remember any major duds.
The guy certainly can bring it and I am curious to see what he brings on an 8-16 format. Full verse where he can string his solid punches together.

Unfukwitable: 0-0
***Again, sorry. I probably DO have a few things to analyze about Unfuk, but my friend Pharaohs' (who hit me up for this mag) is really confusing me at the moment.
Pharaohs thought Unfuk was a Cred alias, but now he/we have doubts about that due to both signing up, and Zelph writing them up separately...Certainly could be just doubling-down (if that's allowed in a contest?), but I am doubting that for a number of other reasons I won't ramble on about now, but are mentioned below at the end.
Bottom line, IF Unfuk is NOT Cred, then apologies to BOTH guys here... AND pharaoh's 20-line battle verse would be inaccurate...
None of this is a big deal.
WHEN I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHO IS WHO I WILL EDIT IN additional APPROPRIATE ANALYSIS, (brief - because also small sample size).
Positives:
But, what I have seen from Unfuk recently in 1-2s is something Pharaohs would certainly "ride"... The "audio" smoothness simplicity mixed with complexity...'CEPT HIS FLIPS/PLAYS wayyyy better (than fara). That cop/informant bar was pretty damn hot few weeks ago.
Negatives:
(Recently at least), not always the most devoted to showing/voting. Top candidate for a Drop 'N Ghost 'til next week.

Saint: 0-0
Intro:
Again, I am very familiar with some of Saint's bars: 2 BA battles and a big OM topical...But I just do not know who he is. Or if he's been Saint for his whole career. Doesn't really matter. I'm not here to solve nomikers; rather analyze topicals. And....
Bar Analysis
Positives:
A top notch writer IF he can string those SICK 6-8 lines together so the verse simply overpowers his opponent or wows his reader. He did it on the OM Pharaoh's broke down like a nerd....just had a 6-8 of FIRE to go along with solidness throughout...his text abbrevs and cutting ends of words/tenses really got Pharaoh's excited.....And his brag-swag tone on the battle arena contrasted well with opponents who (did not seem as experienced) and were more unconventional/a bit cornier...
Negatives:
Appears his output (AS WITH MOST) is purely a function of effort. If he's bored or keying...it's not gonna have that polish & sting...it's gonna look like a battle verse that any "good" vet could have written.... I felt like 1 of his 2 BA's trended towards this (EVEN THO HE STILL UP 3-0 IN VOTES, lol.)
================================================== ======================================
@Zuo I am exhausted and have work in the morning. Will make a push to finish tomorrow evening/night.***YOU UNGRATEFUL MORON. SIMPLY UNREAL.
IF YOU WANT I COULD PASTE THIS TO YOUR MAG THREAD AND DELETE THIS1 ON THE CHAT... UP2U LEMME KNO OR JUS LEMME FINISH HERE.
Goodnight & GoodLuck to all.

Alright QUICK key notes I will fix more tomorrow:
Ryno: 0-0 - Great textcee battler (smooth flow) but dodging Pharaoh's 12; cuz of course faro just dropped without asking and ryno didn't "officially accept".
Dominate: 0-0 - An all-tyme legend with writtens to compete with ANYone, at least from what limited I've seen.
Kill Spree: 0-0 - My friend Pharaohs is at 90%Love|10% hate currently. The 90 is the hosting/modding/BAITING/PRODDING/....TROLLING ON BOMBARD/SPREE. He KNOWS how to troll. Ahem. Zelph. He is effective at it and VERY succinct with it - ahem- Pharaohs.
The 10 is all the STFU's and lazy refusal to read other ppl's work.
R!canTheoryz: 0-0 - Legend of the Netcees Poll and other various hilarities...certainly an old head who can hold his own on BATTLE OR DISCUSSION.
Cereal: 0-0 - Vastly improved (topical). He and Pharaoh's played around on their borderline gay "Unconventional" Playground... U KNOW, WHERE THEY CAN WRITE SICK VERSES THAT WOULD NEVER CATCH A "W" IN COMPETITION BECAUSE THIS WHOLE SITE IS PRETTY CLOSE-MINDED.
hmm. deep breath. just kidding?
Have never seen a Cereal battle verse.
Master Rock: 0-0
Rock, Pharaohs has pegged you as a LEGITIMATELY NICE GUY. Lol. This is a battle league. Turn off your respect&empathy and try to slit your opponent's jugular with your words.
Pharaohs Army: 0-0
Love you Dull - Netcees
Love you Dull Discussion Board
"I’m only rape-curious with the true social leaders of the discord wolf pack."
-he said
I mean at this point you can check out the OM, BA, few Discussons, hmmm... AOWL that died?, archives, RB, Yahoo News, eh couple on LetsBeef, I imagine lot of long PMs on FB or cellphone texts... lol. PERHAPS DIODE COULD CODE A 140 character limit for Faro like Twitter. Um yeah.
Incredible: 0-0 - From what I've seen, Incredible (when he tries) can really put together a solid verse...(VASTLY improved from his very early days where he was not so good)... ***Pharaoh has a thick skin and can be cruel at times BUT, he thought the years-ago CONSTANT harassment towards Incred about his custody battle was one of the few things that went a little too far around here. Simply because it KEPT going and it was SO MANY ppl. Either way, seems like a nice guy so I hope his family/personal life is doin' alright. (Unless Pharaohs faces off Vs. him in a future week of course).
Diablo: 0-0
So similar to Universe. LITERALLY THE 2 GREATEST TOPICALISTS IN HISTORY. But just. Such. Egotistical. Inflated-ego dicks.
But, LARS (&Uni) FEEDS AND PARTICIPATES and helps others get better. Anyone (Active with a little free time) should read ALL of Lars' votes. AND all of Pharaoh's Newer votes. And Uni's as well.

Defiant: 0-0 - I don't know this name.
Cred:0-0 - See Unfuk above. Knives&Guns.
~

Last edited by House of Leaves; 04-20-2023 at 10:54 AM.
House of Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 05:24 PM   #2
emcee squared
Banned

emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared

new NBL mag upped
emcee squared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
@zuo