Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 1 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #41
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

I have accumulated no debt. Sorry I'm just not a capitalist so I can't agree with America's system truly. I don't agree with exploiting others man. I just can't I'm not just Zen in name I try to be Zen in my daily life lol. Your views are your views and I respect you for voicing them honestly but I can't agree with America's get rich or die tryin mantra. I really can't. People should be helped man. People should be equal.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #42
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

actually many european and english university programs are far superior to any US school..

not to mention all the developed countries that provide a free college education for their citizens

i would not say US is the best, BAR NONE. by a long shot. yes we have a pretty accessible higher education system. but we also have a lot of people in debt from their student loans with no jobs available to pay them back. you can attribute that to personal failures or the system. either way, it's a problem.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #43
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Yeah US is like 30th or 40th in the world or something like that now I saw from some ad during the pres election but I can't say if that's true or not. But yeah I believe the system and the idiocy of the people are to be blamed, neither deserve the full blame I agree with that Split.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #44
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

@dead man

I meant bar none in terms of the efficiency and quality of the higher education system, like all colleges and universities put together

but our education as a whole is kinda fucked up at the moment... meritocracy/ too many people getting useless degrees and not enough skilled labor

which sometimes pays better than workers at jobs that require degrees

i agree people should be helped, but capitalists on the whole (especially Americans) help more in terms of charity than any other nation.

equality of opportunity is wayyyy better in practice than equality of outcome/ resources, at least so far

anyways i respect your views as well, i just like arguing tbh
Old 03-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #45
Split

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

maybe in public education we are 30th. but universities and colleges, we're 1
Old 03-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #46
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Haha arguing is my favorite past time.

And I agree about the equal of oppurtunity over equal share of resources SO FAR. But in America I see no equal oppurtunity at the moment. I see America as a big ass real life version of Monopoly but all the properties have been bought up and we the middle class or the working class is just going around the board paying taxes. I would say our government should fix these problems but they couldn't even sign a bill for the past three months to fix the economy....Wait let me rephrase that I meant the past three years they couldn't lol
Old 03-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #47
Split

pretty baseless, but okay
Old 03-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #48
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

What's baseless?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #49
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Scandinavian countries are literally the best countries in the world....Norway, Sweden, Denmark.....in everything, education, welfare, economics etc...they just know how to take care of their citizens. Other countries, including my own, could learn a lot from them.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #50
Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLand View Post
But in America I see no equal oppurtunity at the moment. I see America as a big ass real life version of Monopoly but all the properties have been bought up and we the middle class or the working class is just going around the board paying taxes.
^
Old 03-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #51
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
Scandinavian countries are literally the best countries in the world....Norway, Sweden, Denmark.....in everything, education, welfare, economics etc...they just know how to take care of their citizens. Other countries, including my own, could learn a lot from them.
This is right. The bottom line is not what's important. The people are.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #52
Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
i'm incredibly jealous of their drivers' education for sure
Old 03-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #53
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Oh. Well I see no new businesses that have really sprung up except for maybe facebook which has taken off and that's because social media is a relatively new market. Monopolies were made illegal but shared monopolies still exist. Look at all the stores or products around you and two or three companies control the entire market. Apple and Microsoft control computers at the moment. Even in fast food with mcdonalds and burger king are the best example since capitalism is based on competition because competition ensures low prices, but bk and mcds aren't competing with each other. They have different options from each other(but they sell practically the same thing) but the prices are identical. Just saying how I see things
Old 03-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #54
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Not to mention that most of these stores are under an umbrella from a conglomerate like Time Warner, Walt Disney, etc.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #55
Split

lots and lots of new business have sprung up.. very few peep through the rainforest canopy that is America's developed economy. i.e. Groupon, OKCupid, etc

my friends made a restaurant app and website that gained 15k likes in two weeks and have gotten $25k in investments, and a million dollar offer at a trade show for their business that theyve declined. theyre just two kids from Lowell. all you need is an idea.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #56
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Ok the rain forest thing is capitalist imperialism. Exploiting others lands for personal gains of a corporation who sends these people to third world countries to "nation build". Hate it.

And I'm glad for them. Ideas are good and as long they manage to keep scraping in capital their business may survive until a new corporate business moves in down the street and they'll be forced to sell or go bankrupt.

Btw I love this debate it is entertaining me to say the least lol. Good job Split you good people
Old 03-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #57
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

whats the website your buddies made @Split?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #58
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Sort of confused about topic...It's just a beat so I assume I can write about whatever and just make it flow?

I won't but I can essentially just flex or what?

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 03-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #59
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Curious about that myself. I hope this week won't turn into flex fest.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #60
Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post
whats the website your buddies made @Split?
it's called grab-abite. i dont think the app has launched yet but i have an advance copy on my phone

EDIT: http://graba-bite.com/

also its got less than 15K likes. the owner was hyping it up to me in the car I guess haha