Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 1 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #21
Cereal_Killa
Licking Lily's..

Battle Record: 11-6

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Cereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant future

To be completely frank and way, way left field.. hike

votes..

I respect a certain writer who will remain nameless :) this dudes writing is brilliant and his personality on herrre rocks..
but

everyone who voted this week, (without a doubt) made sure that it was their opinion.. as it should be, as opinions do matter.. n in fact that's what everyone on here is looking for, feedback.. whether positive or negative..

but as it goes.. ahem.. :) someone.. wrote a paragraph as a statement that I personally do not understand the logistics of colours and their representations.. a paragraph stating a fact, making sure that i knew that i was clueless n completely incorrect.. fact and in no way his opinion :( (ck sheds many tears)

anywhoot after the verse I posted the week prior on cannibalism n the worlds hierarchy(food for thought), i thought to myself how is this so.. how can this by an actual fact of/for all existence..
i being the curious kitty i am went back and checked this out by re-reading that verse.. mmmmm

"From a Pug to a Pit Bull
The Dingo and The Rock
If it breathes it bleeds in a sea of burgundy stock"

hmm burgandy i believe it means royal.. but then i could be incorrect after that paragraph putting me in my place.. n my false knowledge n resourse(s) where indeed wrong..

"A rotten heart is nor spoiled or wrecked
For the raw oils draw zest from each pore you ingest"

For the royals draw zest from each poor you; in jest

so ahh ok dually noted i was wrong and your opinion is fact.. i shall move on

All jokes aside though no hard feelings, you're still dope as a writer n if you where granted the extension you requested you would have had the time imo to mash it up properly with your opponent.. but you must have been juggling two too many things at once :)

with that all said..

[video=youtube;HAvXHpLwJA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAvXHpLwJA4[/video]
Old 04-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #22
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

INK vs. Vulgar...BTW easily

I'll go INK due to my personal taste, but assuming they both come with the usual gifted potency, you can't call it.

Nigma vs. Adonis...never will I say I'll lose

Innovator vs. Mac – Still don't think I've read mac, will do this week...so IDK??

CDM vs. split – CDM over powering here, but I see the experiments so it could be a miss any week.

ZenLand vs. TopicalDood5 – Topical is dope, both are, but I'll take topical in a close one.

Championship
Frank vs. Zygote – I will take the upset, I've been reading Zy closely and feel he has the talent to beat anyone, so why not?

#1 Contender
King Keith vs. Mike Wrecka - Very close battle, I feel like your styles are fairly similar. However, I've seen you each drop fire and each drop less then stellar. Coin flip, I'll go Keith

Pohfig vs. Red Glare - This is a very good matchup, but I saw the topic, and Pohfig should slay the shit out of that. Pohfig wins big

Witty vs. Cereal Killer - Ck is has been on another planet to me, I can't envision him losing to anyone this week.

Genocide vs. IamBent - Don't remember Genocides style or talent level, but Bent is pretty good. Should be a close one???

Aesthetic vs. Objective - Objective seems realitivly new to writing considering the one verse I read from him, so I'll go with the more polished Aes although I'm not overly familiar with either.

Devil Reject vs. Hello Kitty - I've read Hello Kitty before, and you owe me feed for that, but unsure of Devil reject, love the name though.

Xces vs. Que - haven't read either, but Que votes well so assuming he writes half decent I'll give him the blind vote...Also it doesn't hurt he has the best Avy I've ever seen

Venom vs. Juxtapose - Don't know a thing about either.

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 04-04-2013, 01:06 AM   #23
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Battle Record: 21-35

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future

@Split @Adonis can you choose the movie quote for my match up? One of you. Everyone else is set.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #24
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future

Magazine will be posted tomorrow night. Yes, I said it- TOMORROW NIGHT. I'm the King, I do this son.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #25
Ink

Battle Record: 5-5

Ink is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to all

getting topics together is alot harder than i expected. gees..
mostly cause i know you guys will be bored by the things i find interesting x.x

STILL working on that book I left competing for... ig: @dchang.poetry
Old 04-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #26
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

You see how I felt tonight Ink, lol. But I blame myself, I had forgot to have that ready. Challenging week. I expect greatness.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #27
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Power Rankings & conference/division realignment/standings will be revealed in the mag tomorrow as well. Holler. I'm out!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #28
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

@King Keith

You'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Casablanca-1942

Hope it's good enough, if not I don't care. But I also have not as writer friendly quote from se7en

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 04-04-2013, 01:47 AM   #29
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

my topic is asscheeks
Old 04-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #30
Xces

Battle Record: 2-0

Xces is on a distinguished road

We supposed to use that picture with the piece also or just the quote?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #31
Xces

Venom (0-0) VS. Juxtaposition (0-0) - Never read Either can't say shit on this.
Just Write (0-0) VS. fenix osiris (0-0) See above
Xces (0-0) VS. Que (1-0) I'm a little bias, but Que is a dope writer from his last verse I saw, this should be hot.
Devil's Reject (0-1) VS. HelloKitty (1-2) Blind vote for HelloKitty, lmao
Aesthetic (0-2) VS. Objective (1-2) object
Innovator (2-5) VS. Mac (2-2) innovator the only one I've seen.
Genocide (2-2) VS. IAmBenT (3-1) Bent will win IMO
Ink (3-1) VS. Vulgar (1-0) Ink shoudl get this
Witty (3-2) VS. Cereal_Killa (1-1) not sure
Nigma (4-1) VS. Adonis (3-1) Nigma, but I'm bias when blind on this
Zenland (4-3) VS. TopicalDood5 (2-0) topical IMO
pohfig (4-1) VS. Red glare (4-2) Red
c.d.m. (2-5) VS. Split (3-3) Split
Old 04-04-2013, 01:53 AM   #32
Aesthetic
Pimp

Battle Record: 1-12

Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic Aesthetic

Genocide (2-2) VS. IAmBenT (3-1)
Ink (3-1) VS. Vulgar (1-0)
Witty (3-2) VS. Cereal_Killa (1-1)
Nigma (4-1) VS. Adonis (3-1)
Zenland (4-3) VS. TopicalDood5 (2-0)
pohfig (4-1) VS. Red glare (4-2)
c.d.m. (2-5) VS. Split (3-3)

If your name isn't posted; I have not seen your work sorry.

Some dope lineups im looking forward too a war. A lot of you are gonna cut close
Old 04-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #33
Juxtaposition

Battle Record: 1-2

Juxtaposition is on a distinguished road

Anyone care to clarify how I go about writing on that topic in my battle thread?

I see a picture, and then a quote, I suppose on a specific event.

Am I supposed to write a piece with that as my subject matter or... can I use the ideas conveyed from that event and use it as a guideline, like a thesis to write my own angle?
Old 04-04-2013, 02:02 AM   #34
Xces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtaposition View Post
Anyone care to clarify how I go about writing on that topic in my battle thread?

Am I supposed to write a piece with that as my subject matter or... can I use the ideas conveyed from that event and use it as a guideline, like a thesis to write my own angle?
In any form of topical or story telling league or battle. Myself personally, I always think it best to take your own skew on things. It will separate your writing from that of the opponent if he takes it blindly at literal face value, and it brings more of yourself into the piece.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:02 AM   #35
Split

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtaposition View Post

i believe the quote is the foundation and the picture is an optional reference point.. im not sure on the individual quotes tho, the approach is up to you we're not gonna DQ you
Old 04-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #36
Juxtaposition

Battle Record: 1-2

Juxtaposition is on a distinguished road

Ah, I just looked up this film...

Seems it was a propaganda piece written to inspire sympathy for the rebellious sailors suffering under cruel overlords and such...

Pleasant to have something in my wheelhouse right off the bat =).

Also thank you for the responses.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #37
Atheist

Battle Record: 4-10

Atheist has a brilliant futureAtheist has a brilliant futureAtheist has a brilliant futureAtheist has a brilliant futureAtheist has a brilliant futureAtheist has a brilliant futureAtheist has a brilliant futureAtheist has a brilliant futureAtheist has a brilliant futureAtheist has a brilliant futureAtheist has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Keith View Post
WEEK 8 MATCH UPS:

AOWL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Frank (Titanium) (6-0) VS. Zygote (Platinum) (5-1)
AOWL #1 CONTENDERS MATCH: King Keith (Titanium) (4-1) VS. Mike Wrecka (Titanium) (4-3)

Venom (0-0) VS. Juxtaposition (0-0)
Just Write (0-0) VS. fenix osiris (0-0)
Xces (0-0) VS. Que (1-0)
Devil's Reject (0-1) VS. HelloKitty (1-2)
Aesthetic (0-2) VS. Objective (1-2)
Innovator (2-5) VS. Mac (2-2)

Who ya got?
rough guess
Old 04-04-2013, 02:11 AM   #38
Ink

Battle Record: 5-5

Ink is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to all

Frank (Titanium) (6-0) VS. Zygote (Platinum) (5-1)
King Keith (Titanium) (4-1) VS. Mike Wrecka (Titanium) (4-3)
Venom (0-0) VS. Juxtaposition (0-0) no clue
Just Write (0-0) VS. fenix osiris (0-0) no clue
Xces (0-0) VS. Que (1-0)

man these are some amazing match ups this week... i could see most of these battles going either way..

STILL working on that book I left competing for... ig: @dchang.poetry
Old 04-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #39
Split

i fully intend to win
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 AM   #40
Cereal_Killa
Licking Lily's..

Battle Record: 11-6

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Cereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Keith View Post
WEEK 8 MATCH UPS:

AOWL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Frank (Titanium) (6-0) VS. Zygote (Platinum) (5-1)
This Bouye is Nnniiicee

AOWL #1 CONTENDERS MATCH: King Keith (Titanium) (4-1) VS. Mike Wrecka (Titanium) (4-3)
Wow is this a bastard to vote on.. but if kk can rip a pulp fiction type structure on my arse then shit dudes got mad sqwabbbles..

Venom (0-0) VS. Juxtaposition (0-0)
love the name..

Just Write (0-0) VS. fenix osiris (0-0)
A shot in the dark..

Xces (0-0) VS. Que (1-0)
Is this Q from rm.. just curious

i dunno truthfully but im def interested in reading this match..

This bloke goes aite..

Inn's got a nice thing going..

BOOSSSS

Oww this one friggin hurts to say cause ink my boy.. but vulgar is a freaken mastermind of sc-fi genre which i love..

Nigma is a fantastic writer, a poetic writer to me with not a huge amount of story, the problem that lies here is adonis has the ability to match nigmas gracefulness with an indepth script.. so my advice nig u go crazy on your story.. n this ish will be INSANE

Oh dang.. this wil b a FY'ARE FIGHT!

Man this going off as well.. Pent my main man, im in serious need of reading your work.. but this will be close red cuts deep..

cdm had vow last week for me, just edging out kk.. but cdm did it with merely content and nothing else.. I just think, split can mix it up a lil more n cdm if he doesnt switch his style as fresh as it was for me last week.. will loose purely for well yeh technical aspects.. Saying that these boys are both butter..

Who ya got?
GL to all. another amazing week..

@Adonis casablanca lol nice
Closed Thread