Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 1 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Battle Record: 21-35

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future
Default Week 10 Chat & Predictions.

***match ups to be edited in soon***
Old 04-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Battle Record: 10-15

TYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant future

Knucklehead joined, what????
Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

NOTE TO EVERYONE:
IGNORE THE WEEKDAYS IN THE VOTE THREAD. USE THE NUMERICAL DATES
Old 04-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

@Innovator: Yeah, figured I might suddenly go away tonight or tomorrow. Might as well ask for an extension as early as possible so you don't have to start writing when if I'm not certain if I'll be able to post tomorrow. I figured it's more fair for everyone involved to get the extension out of the way now.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
IamBenT
SuPreaM Lyricyst

Battle Record: 9-6

IamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant future

Ohh snap. I figured it was either this or a battle with TopicalDood.

Its gonna be a blast!

Props to everyone for voting and giving great feedback, i really appreciate and am inspired by
yall's breakdowns and advice!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
Cereal_Killa
Licking Lily's..

Battle Record: 11-6

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Cereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant future

champ match ----------------- oMG..

what a week of match up seriously.. this shit is ill..

g/l
Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #7
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
@Innovator: Yeah, figured I might suddenly go away tonight or tomorrow. Might as well ask for an extension as early as possible so you don't have to start writing when if I'm not certain if I'll be able to post tomorrow. I figured it's more fair for everyone involved to get the extension out of the way now.
read the post above that
Old 04-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
Dove Dozer
loose leaf bruce lee

Battle Record: 7-6

Dove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant future

Haha me vs just write who would of thought. Lol.

You mods are somethin else lmao

Good one
Old 04-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #9
IamBenT
SuPreaM Lyricyst

IamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant future

Ok girls, it's prediction time again. Take a screenshot at get at me at the end of next week with my 5 dollars for getting more of them right than you did.

Bet the overs, bet the unders, parlays and all that shit. Stone cold locks, go to Vegas with these, brothas..

*Warning: these are just predictions, don't get mad at a brotha. LOL*

AOWL Week 10: nO goOd! (0-1) VS. Just Write (0-2)

After a hiatus to pursue real life stuff, the very talented NoGooD, a legend and a vet in his own right, looks to get his feet wet in the league, with the hopes that it will be his new crew mate JustWrite's blood doing the moisturizing. JW's run into some tough luck these last two weeks, but is super talented and ready to make his mark. Its going to be a tough battle and alot of fun. The smart money should be on the wiley vet NoGood to pull out a squeaker, though.

AOWL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: zygote (7-1) VS. Red glare (6-2)

This battle should be the centerpiece of the week and BOTW material, if not with one of these verses pulling VOTW easily. Zygote is a master wordsmith and storyteller, but I really love RedGlare's aggression and finesse these last two weeks. I'm looking for the "upset" (can you call it such with these amazing talents, though?) with my money on Mr. RedGlare to finally ascend to the throne this week in a super close match.

AOWL Week 10: Innovator (4-5) VS. Objective (2-3)

A battle between rising talents, I feel that Innovator gets slept on a bit in this league. He is very talented and can rock with the best when motivated, but I sometimes wonder how high he is at times lol jk man. Objective is very talented and astute and is looking to find his way in the league with a signature style and flow. I feel last week was strong for Inno so I predict him to win this week as well in ANOTHER close match.

AOWL Week 10: Split (5-3) VS. Buddha (5-4)

This is a real wild card for me. Both of these cats, although immensely talented, have had the propensity in the past to let off a bit on the gas pedal. If we get the genius mad poet Split, i find it will be difficult for Big Buddha to pull it off, but if we get the superlyrical storyweaving Buddha, a mediocre effort from split won't get the job done. After the smoke clears, I see Buddha emerging from the fray.

AOWL Week 10: TYSON (2-2) VS. Witty (3-4)

Fascinating. Again, to me Witty is the MOST underrated writer on here. Tyson came through with a solid win last week and is looking to build momentum headed into the playoffs. Witty is pure talent and is capable of dropping a gem. I feel that this is a good week for him to surprise us all yet again, so I'm going with a motivated Witty to win.

AOWL Week 10: fenix osiris (1-0) VS. Cereal_Killa (2-1)

This is the sleeper match of the week. My man CK is pure brilliance but can sometimes be too dense even for the scholars we have in this league. Fenix is a flowmaster supreme with great grasp of storytelling and pathos. Look for a close battle of wits, but the versatility and experience of CerealKiller to win out.

AOWL Week 10: Adonis (4-2) VS. ZeeDee (3-2)

Considering ZeeDee was no-showed last week, I feel that he has alot of hotness cooked up and ready to go. However, I have not seen any posts from him since the board switch, so I'm hoping he is not a casualty of the change. Adonis will be looking to bounce back after that tough loss to RG, but I haven't seen any posts from him recently either?? Man, Im hoping this isn't a double no show, if both drop though, I see ZeeDee taking this in an upset.

AOWL Week 10: Vulgar (2-0) VS. TopicalDood5 (4-0)

This, IMO is the other contender for BOTW. A refreshed Vulgar versus a surging TopicalDood. Top is going to have to bring his A-game in this match of the undefeateds, for Mr. Vulgar is no slouch. In the closest battle of the week, I predict another win for Vulgar

AOWL Week 10: Mike Wrecka (5-4) VS. Nigma (4-3)

Two impressive and wily vets going toe for toe here. Nigma has been stepping it up recently with several impressive verses. Mike's champ verse was beautiful and well written, but edged out by Zygote, which leads me to believe the Wrecka will be bringing the heat this week. I love Nigma, but put my money on MoneyMikeWreckinBall to take it home.

AOWL Week 10: Xces (2-1) VS. pohfig (4-3)

A fantastic battle for anyone wanting to step their flow and multi game up, niggas take notes, cuz its hot fire coming down in this one. Xces is quickly being recognized for loads of talent, and pohfig's legacy speaks for itself. I love Xces swagger coming into this, but my money's on Pohfig to come guns blazing here

AOWL Week 10: Athiest (2-5) VS. patrown (2-2)

Very interesting battle between two writers that I like and respect a great deal. Patrown has shown flashes of brilliance and is quickly becoming an impressive craftsman of the muted metaphor. Atheist is a storyteller par excellence, who is also able to drop a thought provoking topical when the need arises. I look to Atheist to take this match

AOWL Week 10: Juxtaposition (1-1) VS. c.d.m. (2-7)

Jux's flow and creativity are very impressive. CDM is, to me, loaded with enough talent, but his struggles as of late leave me wondering about his motivation. Jux is very hungry, but don't be fooled, cdm is a juggernaut when he wants to be. Imma go with the vet here, gimme CDM

AOWL Week 10: Knucklehead (0-0) VS. Lexicon (0-0)

Welcome to the league! Um.. i don't know anything about either of these cats in a topical/story league. I just hope whatever they drop is good and we don't have a repeat of HelloKitty vs Devil's Reject (ie a damn double no-show). If Knuck is half as good at topicals as he is at battling, however, I give him the nod - Knuck will buck this one out.

That's all I got, now it's yalls turn.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

IamBent just wrote a mini mag. dope
Old 04-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Bent that was dope lol
Old 04-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #12
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Yall should put bent's post in the mag forreal lol
Old 04-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #13
Just Write

Battle Record: 9-12

Just Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant future

ya'll gotta stop sleepin on me... says the 0-2 guy lol
Old 04-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #14
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

I really don't think people are gonna sleep on you to be honest. Oh and I'm gonna feed your OM piece later today or maybe Monday. I've read like 40 oms this week so my heads spinnin lol
Old 04-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
Dove Dozer
loose leaf bruce lee

Battle Record: 7-6

Dove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant future

JW, Im not sleeping om just avoiding all rap shit to keep myself fresh for the battle. As it stands im like 20 lines in. Pure flames this week. Trying a different flow
Old 04-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Get it done ng. And Split or King Keith, someone needs to put zygote as champ. Let zy get his glory by letting erry muddafucka see his name
Old 04-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #17
Just Write

Battle Record: 9-12

Just Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant future

you better not sleep on me nucca lol.. this is that real life ive been through this shit type of personal experiences topic. im only 4 in but yea.. im also writing during work haha
Old 04-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
IamBenT
SuPreaM Lyricyst

LOL I was at first gonna write a quick predictions thing and it turned into that.

hoping to spark some healthy discussion and debate
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
Soulstice
native system

Battle Record: 18-21

Champed
- Short-Verse Topical

Soulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant future

fucked up how adonis got a contendorship at 3-0 then 2 weeks later at 4-1, and even more fucked up that king keith got it at 4-1 and then two weeks later at 5-2 (an as a mod too) and i cant get it at 4-0. lame
Old 04-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #20
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

^^was actually wondering that myself.

*hides matches*
Closed Thread