Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 1 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #41
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

IDK man, I know you've had plenty of wins via No show this season. It seems like visually you're still there, but conceptually you've been hit or miss

I don't know how to explain it, like that verse you wrote about the summer lake vs. Glare

I think your verses have been face value, not soo much undertone

IDK?

Just a bit less then what I'm used too even though I've only read like 2 pieces of yours here, none of them jump out at me as far as memory like PR

I do remember your verse about the boardwalk though...that was a dope one

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 05-12-2013, 12:51 AM   #42
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Battle Record: 21-35

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future

@TYSON @nO gOoD! I'm good. Lost in poker bad today. In three tournaments where I was a few eliminations before making the prize pool, lost with pocket A's once & pocket K's twice. Wtf? But going out eased that loss. Plus I ain't broke.

@Adonis yeah man, that Russian/English guy was funny. I felt the story kind of lacked that extra fire.

I have yet to watch Thor & The Avengers. Got to. I want to see The Wolverine, Man of Steel. Those look real good, but I know Man of Steel will be since Christopher Nolan running that.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #43
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Battle Record: 10-15

TYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant future

Nigga wat? Ain't watch avengers? I'm appalled. That movie is amazing
Old 05-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #44
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future

I need to get on that for real then. I had saw Dark Knight Rises for the first time last month and was freaking geeked out afterwards. Shit was epic. I hear the same about the Avengers. Will definitely fit that in my schedule when I can.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #45
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Battle Record: 10-15

TYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant future

I liked dark Knight rises but thought dark knight was better. The joker was just a character that will not be forgotten. Even if u take away the wow factor of old boy killing himself I still would think it stands out.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #46
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Keith View Post
Lost in poker bad today. In three tournaments where I was a few eliminations before making the prize pool, lost with pocket A's once & pocket K's twice. Wtf?
All-in before the flop or after? AA & KK is only really great pre-flop and you'd like to get your money in before the flop. Very rarely that you improve your hand on the flop (trips). Nothing ''wtf'' about that, depends what he called you with, how many chips ya'll had and how many that was involved in the hand.

Last edited by Objective; 05-12-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #47
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

@Objective

All of them were all-in pre-flop (one time with KK the opposing player had me covered, the other two instances the opposing players had about the same or less amount of chips). In the instance with the pocket rockets (AA), I was up against pocket Q's. The opposing player got a third Q on the river.... you know how that is. In one instance with the KK, the opposing player picked up a flush on the river. The last instance with the KK, the opposing player picked up trips on the flop with pocket 8's.

Part of it is just luck not being on my side. The other part of it of course, I should have just folded them, despite the advantage you have going into the flop, because that's the smartest move you can make to avoid elimination. If my chip stack was a bit more heavy I believe pushing my chips wouldn't be a problem, because then I'd have enough to cover in the case that I end up losing with those hands. It was just one of those days. Shit, online, having those cards is like a 60/40 chance that it wins for you. I've won a lot of hands with other combinations than with the pocket rockets. I've won JJ, QQ pre-flop hands more than KK, AA.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #48
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

@King Keith: Ouch, that sucks. Yeah, happens every now and then with me as well. Most of the times when I bust out of a tournament or lose a lot of my chips it's on pre-flop situations like that. When it comes to the 88 and trips thing I can't really comment on it because I don't know what kind of history you got with the person and what you put him on along with what range you suspected he'd raise/call with. Luck was just not on your side but I'm fairly certain most people, me included, would have done the same thing, haha.

That 60/40 thing is wrong, it feels like that because people only remember the beats and not the wins. Even if you had lost AA 100 times in a row (alltho' unlikely) it wouldn't be a believable statistic. I'm fairly certain that if you had played the same hand pre-flop 100k times you'd win about 80-90k of those hands. If you use Poker Tracker I think you can check out the stats there.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #49
Dove Dozer
loose leaf bruce lee

Battle Record: 7-6

Dove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant future

I dont fuck with poker. I work to hard to gamble my cash away since i smoke enough lol
Old 05-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #50
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Dark knight rises> Avengers

Avengers was dope, but was all based off action IMO

Dark Knight Rises had some really good acting as well...

But
Hulk> the rest

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 05-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #51
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Adonis thanks for that topic hombre, im either gonna write the best verse of my life or the worst. or quite possibly somewhere in between
Old 05-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #52
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Basically, you're writing?

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 05-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #53
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

@Adonis I hate your predictions. And Keith I wouldn't worry bout the Avengers. It's 2 hours of all the heroes hating each other then 30 minutes of them finally saying we have to work together. Cool effects but not much more than that.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #54
IamBenT
SuPreaM Lyricyst

Battle Record: 9-6

IamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant future

its gonna be a great week. @Buddha don't mind Adonis, he is one of those artists that gets wild when he is about to drop some dope shit.

not gonna make any predictions, cuz i always forget who i picked by the time next week comes lol.

gonna be going on a voting rampage this week, make sure yall drop some good shit and quit no-showing.

hate this topic.

@deadman lets make it BOTW
Old 05-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #55
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Taking this week off from the league, partially in regards to my no show shame, and partially to put some time in to give battles the votes they deserve. I feel like I've been slouching in the vote department this seasons, gonna try to make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
AOWL WEEK 12 MATCH UPS:

AOWL Championship Match: zygote (Platinum) (9-1) VS. ZeeDee (Titanium) (5-2)
-Can't go against Zygote considering the tear he's been on
AOWL #1 Contenders Match: Red glare (Platinum) (7-3) VS. pohfig (Platinum) (6-3)
-Feel like I've been sleeping on Red Glare, that's an impressive record for someone I feel I haven't read much of. Expect a vote from me in this battle, but I'm feeling pohfig is the safe bet.

AOWL Spotlight Match #1: Buddha (7-4) VS. Mike Wrecka (6-5)
-I predict this one will be decided by a vote or two. Had a difficult time bolding a name, but I feel Mike is hungry. He wants to finish the season on equal terms with his opponent.
AOWL Spotlight Match #2: IAmBenT (6-2) VS. dead man (3-2)
-IAmBenT is another I deff haven't read as much from as I should have. I feel dead has a well rested mind which can be a dangerous thing. If he shows I expect to see a verse full of fresh concepts, enough for the dub.
AOWL Spotlight Match #3: Frank (6-3) VS. VERITAS (4-7)
-Veritas is a pretty dope writer who always brings thought provoking concepts. I'm sure he hasn't met his own expectations for the season and I wouldn't completely rule him out in this matchup but I feel as though he is an underdog against Frank, who won't give anyone an easy win.

RAPID FIRE SECTION

Split (5-4) VS. Adonis (4-3)
-Another close one, feel Adonis will win via depth
TYSON (4-2) VS. Objective (3-4)
-Not too sure about this one, instinct says Tyson
nO goOd! (1-2) VS. Athiest (2-6)
-Haven't read much of either, will have to check this one out
ThisIsDAM (0-0) VS. Innovator (4-6)
-I assume people who have yet to battle will no show, prove me wrong
Figurative (0-0) VS. cakecakecake (0-3)
-Despite what I said in the above, I feel that even people who have yet to battle have a better chance of showing up then cake does.
NYCSPITZ (1-3) VS. Mr. J (0-0)
-Damn Spitz @ 1-3? Hes better then that

Old 05-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #56
ZeeDee
Warriors All The Way Baby

Battle Record: 6-4

Champed
Art of Writing League

ZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant future

I'm a shit talker with the best of em King... I don't have a chip on my shoulder... i will clown back tho.... always...
Your fate awaits...
Prepare for your journey through this world explorer

Old 05-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #57
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeDee View Post
I'm a shit talker with the best of em King... I don't have a chip on my shoulder... i will clown back tho.... always...
You're a bitch and I hope your mother had a terrible day
Old 05-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #58
ZeeDee

Champed
Art of Writing League

ZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant futureZeeDee has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Keith View Post
Just came back from watching Iron Man 3. It was pretty good. Didn't rock my socks, but good nonetheless. @ZeeDee lol at your hostility of late. Calm down man. You've got a champ match to focus on. You can't be my bitch at the same time. :)

What's good folks?
The way you do ranks.. i know ur somebody's bitch, but def not me... nice try tho... take Adonis dic out ur mouth so u can talk straight
Your fate awaits...

Old 05-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #59
ZeeDee

Champed
Art of Writing League

You're no Enigma... it's not a mystery that ur fuckin loser.... happy mothers day tho... cuz ur the bitch... that's what bitches do... get in business that's not there's
Your fate awaits...

Old 05-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #60
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

That was really rude
Closed Thread