Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > The 1-2 Punch League > 1-2 Punch archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
BROKE LESNAR
βгοкε ㄴεςηαг

Battle Record: 9-4

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

BROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant future
Default Kin vs. Storyteller [Storyteller Wins]

Rebuttal Option

▪both competitors must agree to it at time of check-in
▪format is A, B, B, A (A posts first, B drops next, B posts follow-up, A drops final bar)

Due Monday 12am PST
Old 11-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #2
Kin
Kill.It.Nonstop

Battle Record: 3-3

Kin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant future

ChecK... want the rebuttal?
Old 11-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #3
Spoken
...DA GAWD...

Battle Record: 13-34

Spoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Spoken

Yeah

Old 11-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #4
Kin
Kill.It.Nonstop

Kin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant future

We're Separate Levels, time to Wrestle, your move next
This match'll be 1 Fall..but it'll take 2 Story's to Do Plex
Old 11-06-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
Spoken
...DA GAWD...

Spoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant future

I'm fine with separate levels cus I got experience on this geek,
1 fall is true cus whose next in kin is in question once I lay him 6ft

Old 11-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #6
Spoken
...DA GAWD...

Ur bars are replicated from the past W/ horrid wording but u claim seperate
A fucking rip off of originals but what u expect from a haunting in kin etiquette

Old 11-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #7
Kin
Kill.It.Nonstop

Etiquette?? shiiiit...Kin bout to teach u how to be proper
Keep ya mouth Closed when its Full of bars Slouchin' in Posture
Old 11-08-2014, 11:43 PM   #8
BROKE LESNAR
βгοкε ㄴεςηαг

Battle Record: 9-4

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

BROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin View Post
I liked the concept here, pretty creative. Some ppl might not get it, but I'm a wrestling mark so I do. I like how you used seperate levels in the setup to accentuate your misdirect. Idk ab the do plex though. I'm assuming your referring to suplex, only omitting the su for the du in duplex to go along with the first half of your setup. In this regard, I don't think it hit that hard bc essentially you're using two different concepts here that are on completely different wavelengths. You juggled 2 when I think it would have been better to focus on 1. But I understand your need to include the wrestling aspect as it it helped to make the plex in duplex work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyteller View Post
I'm assuming you were trying to say "next of kin" instead of "next in kin". In this regard, when I think of a np for Kin, that is the first thing I think of. I had a battle with him recently and purposefully tried to stay away from that angle bc of how predictable it would be. With that said, I don't fault you for it. I think the rebuttal was on point, but the 6 feet finish was kind of anticlimactic. Everything up to the "next in kin" part was more focused from a rebuttal perspective than Kin's first bar in terms of creativity, but the finish felt flat.

Quote:
A fucking rip off of originals but what u expect from a haunting in kin etiquette
This wasn't that bad. One thing I've been trying to become more lenient on is what distinguishes between a np and a reach. Normally I would have said Kinnecticut and Connecticut is forced and just discount it based on that. But murda sho has kind of taught me to be more lax so I think in this instance I will just say well done. Sounded out it works for me. Now the execution was kind of off, which is funny bc the concept was on how bad your opponent's wording was, but as I said it was a slight nuance.

Quote:
The setup was perfect. Had a great rebuttal tone to it. The downside here at first glance would be the statementish underpinnings of the second line. However, instead of going setup, buildup, punchline, you basically included the setup and buildup in the opening line. Probably the best bar of the 4 posted.

This came down to 2 bars, the creativity of Story's Kin etiquette np vs. the strength of Kin's rebuttal.

In the end, I have Kin's rebuttal taking it.

v-Kin
Old 11-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #9
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

kin, if his name was plex that'd be dopeish I guess. It wasn't. Nor was the last bar

story, rebuttal was crap. the second line was forced to me but an attempt at an actual punch I guess.

v/story
Old 11-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #10
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

I got story. Didn't care for any of the bars but the kin etiquette concept at least had the potential to be dope.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #11
fresh

Battle Record: 0-4

fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh

Quote:
I feel like if your name was plex this owuld be ok. I duno if thats ur alias or what. The wrestling aspect seem to be just thrown in there tho. I suppose it does tie in with separate levels, but something is missing here for me.

Quote:
next of kin would have been the proper way to write this, but I kinda like the flip on separate levels / 6ft deep and 1 fall / next of kin

Quote:
Ok not bad. Concept was clever and overall the execution was decent.

Quote:
I liked this rebuttal. The set up was worded nice, it just sounded edgy to me. The punch didn't follow the same tone, but it was still cool nonetheless.

This is a close match up. I liked kins rebuttal more, but I didn't really enjoy his opening punch. Story had a decent rebuttal and a decent punch. So for consistency I'ma have to go with story on this one.

/Story
Old 11-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #12
Similac

Battle Record: 0-1

Similac is an unknown quantity at this point

This was pretty close..I like both second drops but the haunting in Connecticut won it for for me ..the 1st drops were pretty even
Old 11-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #13
Glossy Finish Dick Lips
Banned

Battle Record: 10-4

Glossy Finish Dick Lips Glossy Finish Dick Lips Glossy Finish Dick Lips Glossy Finish Dick Lips Glossy Finish Dick Lips Glossy Finish Dick Lips Glossy Finish Dick Lips Glossy Finish Dick Lips Glossy Finish Dick Lips Glossy Finish Dick Lips Glossy Finish Dick Lips

I got Story here.

I think Kin had a cool concept in which could have been a haymaker but is execution lacked the major impact it potentially had if he took a couple of more attempts at flipping them for more of a harsher impact.
Closed Thread