Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future
Default The Hunger Games book is fucking dope tho'....

... and so is the movie. Been reading half of the first book of the trilogy so far. Kinda fucking amazed at how well the movie managed to display the story from the book. There's literally almost nothing that is missed that I can tell so far from the shit that's happening in the book to the stuff happening in the movie. The only thing that isn't translated that well, obviously, is all the shit the main bitch is going through and her thoughts about what's happening around her. But it really isn't that much that is lost to be honest.

Don't remember if this was in the movie tbh; but there's some info about the earlier hunger games tho' and some more info about each district and how earlier Hunger Games have played out, arenas etc. And it told you bout some kid that went fucking crazy and started eating people during one of the earlier games etc., so there was some rumour that the capitol killed him cuz they couldn't have a savage to win the games.

For real tho', I love this shit. Can't wait to start reading the other books. I kinda already know what's going to happen now anyways.

Any other Hunger Games fans here?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
Ronic
Blood and Hunger

Battle Record: 2-4

Ronic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant future

Saw the trailer for the movie... refused to see any more than that. No interest in shit marketed at 15yo girls tbh.
Ronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronic View Post
Saw the trailer for the movie... refused to see any more than that. No interest in shit marketed at 15yo girls tbh.
Shut the fuck up motherfucker. Shit's dope as hell and aint marketed at 15yo girls bitch. Watch the entire movie and then you get the right to talk to me about that movie faggot. Wasn't you the one I talked to about movies n shit a few days ago? You should at least listen to me when I tell ya to give that shit a chance. Shit reminds me about some Vulgar/Geno futuristic topical tbh.

And yo, I CAN AGREE that it can resemble some watered down Battle Royale version in terms of action for the most part. But the story itself is fucking brilliant, the atmosphere is amazing and the whole idea is brilliant as fuck. Shut your whore mouth.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
Fart
You Next

Battle Record: 1-2

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

lolwut? I thought the movie did a pretty terrible job but that was expected
Old 07-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemus View Post
lolwut? I thought the movie did a pretty terrible job but that was expected
Did you read the book first? I watched the movie first and thought it was dope as fuck, so that might be it. I might think it's trash if I re-watch it after I've read the book.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
Fart
You Next

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

Read the whole book lol and yeah I read 2 of 3 books. The movie is PG as fuck compared to the books, they skip a lot of good shit, no inner diolog, basically all the things they do wrong when converting books to movies, they did lol movie was still good tho.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't like either. Wooden acting. Some dystopian future... everyone ends up being Good and hardly no one dies
Old 07-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
Fart
You Next

.....i take it u havent watched the film or read the books. niggas get slaughtered and conspiracies are afoot
BARS
Old 07-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Split: Perhaps you're right, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. There are some fucked up shit tho'.

@Artemus speaks the truth tho, but if people be expecting some Battle Royale shit it aint that violent if you think about it. But it's on a more genuine emotional level tbh which makes shit seem abit more fucked up than it is unless you actually don't give a shit about the story/characters itself. The story is what makes it fucked up imo.

Last edited by Objective; 07-22-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
Fart
You Next

book 2 tho...is gory ish
Old 07-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #11
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemus View Post
book 2 tho...is gory ish
Dopeness. Don't SPOIL ANYTHING THO'!

Old 07-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
Fart
You Next

and frodo returns
Old 07-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #13
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Thanks a lot for ruining this shit, now I'll never read the Game of Thrones..

Old 07-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #14
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

movie was cool i hated the books

in the books catniss was an unlikable as fuck character imo and in the movie we get jennifer lawrence
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #15
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

Real niggaz don't read ask Spook
Old 07-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #16
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill nik-A View Post
Real niggaz don't read ask Spook
I don't give a fuck about what Spook does and doesn't do, I also don't give a fuck about what you think people should care about what Spook does and doesn't do.

Expand your mind, read a book. :)

@God Of War: I kinda agree, (possible spoilers ahead)but I love Katniss in the books. She's more genuine and ''herself'' if you know what I mean? For once it's a character that's definately out of the norm when you read a book. It's not often you read about the main charater in first person that talks about drowning cats, nah'mean? I enjoyed the fuck out of the approach the author was taking with the character.

Last edited by Objective; 07-22-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #17
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

U sound mad wack... Get it?!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #18
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill nik-A View Post
U sound mad wack... Get it?!
Nah, I'm not real enough.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #19
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

The Running Man > Hunger Games
Old 07-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #20
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka View Post
The Running Man > Hunger Games
Who's the author? I might pick it up when I'm done reading HG.