Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #21
Ronic
Blood and Hunger

Battle Record: 2-4

Ronic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant future

Mononke - my nigga!

Personally, the couple of middle eastern-based films I seen have been some of the most powerful, emotionally, I ever seen. US takes the cake as far as things like budget, special effects, acting for the most part, production, but honestly movies outside the US are most of the times better at exploring human nature. Whether its the writing or different directing style or what I dont know but just seems to be like that
Ronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #22
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronic View Post
Honestly movies outside the US are most of the times better at exploring human nature. Whether its the writing or different directing style or what I dont know but just seems to be like that
You're right, but once we start to watch movies from other countries we end up exploring the surface/quality shit. We're basicly just scratching the surface of movie productions from those places. And we can't base the entire hollywood vs the rest based on 50-100 great movies from SEVERAL other countries at once.

Start watching more from said countries and you can't get yourself to watch more than 30 mins. Which basicly boils down to my point, the trash/dope ratio is too huge to surpass the US when it comes down to it. But once it's quality it's better than the US in terms of human interraction/emotion, storytelling and creative cinematography. (Persepolis (Fra), Ameliè (Fra) and City of God (Bra) is perfect examples of that.) But France doesn't surpass the US in general, neither does Brazil.

The only real battle here is Hollywood vs Asia. But imo asia got too much trash to put up a real fight, especially after the digitalization of martial arts movies which put a huge black hole in the entire genre. But 13 Assassins shows that they still know how to make that shit, but yeah.. I don't know, I just seriously believe and feel that Hollywood wins on consistency over time. Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong, I love movie debates.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:57 AM   #23
Ronic
Blood and Hunger

Ronic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant futureRonic has a brilliant future

Amelie and City of God were incredible. Leon the Professional movie was rad too. Nah I agree with you pretty much man, but then I guess it comes down to cultural identity too - peeps in france might prefer shitty Euro movies to shitty US movies, while peeps in US are other way round. Frankly, everywhere got good films amongst the majority of trash and rubble, I dont get too caught up in where its from, I just wat c h the good shit lol
Old 07-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #24
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
but then I guess it comes down to cultural identity too - peeps in france might prefer shitty Euro movies to shitty US movies, while peeps in US are other way round. Frankly, everywhere got good films amongst the majority of trash and rubble, I dont get too caught up in where its from, I just wat c h the good shit lol
Doubt it, unless you know the language. I'm from Norway/europe myself, holla at me if you want some recommendations from scandinavia, hah. Watching a shitty US movie is a lot better than watching a shitty european movie. Why? Cuz at least you don't have to read the subtitles. (I got a friend that refuses to watch movies in a language he don't understand, or with subtitles, due to it.) Beside of that; a shitty movie is a shitty movie no matter how you look at it, and if it's shitty it doesn't really matter what language it's in.

And word @ giving a fuck where it's from as long as it's great. Leon is dope as fuck, one of my fav assassins.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #25
Ronic
Blood and Hunger

@Objective for real I'll take those recommendations, always lookin for new stuff to dig my teeth into

Subtitles never really bothered me tbh, easier to watch without em but they never put me off too much. Last movie I saw from scandinavia - or actually it mighta been switzerland... anyway, As It Is In Heaven. Pretty good film actually. Also recommend The Diving Bell and Butterfly was excruciating but a reaaaaallly good film
Old 07-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #26
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

@Ronic: As it is in Heaven is from Sweden, but yeah, it's definately a great movie. If you want some norwegian movies I'd recommend you to check out one of these:

Elling - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0279064/ (When his mother, who has sheltered him his entire 40 years, dies, Elling, a sensitive, would-be poet, is sent to live in a state institution. Don't read anything more about this movie before checking it out, the less you know about it, the better.)

King of Devil's Island - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1332134/ (Some fucked up movie based on revel events, and it's local history from where I'm from as well. Just a few years ago I lived at a place in my town where I could basicly see that island from my livingroom window.)

Mirush - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0899216/ (A movie about some albanian boy that flees to Norway to find his father.)

Sons - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473707/ (Fucked up movie, worth to check out.)

Max Manus - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029235/ (''The true story about one of the most brilliant saboteurs during World War II and his battle to overcome his inner demons.'' Brilliant movie.)

The Bothersome Man - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808185/ (My personal favourite and it's pretty fucking deep too. ''In a strange city where every person seems content beyond reason a new man arrives in town and stirs up trouble by asking too many questions.'')

Try to stay away from trailers etc., they're too revealing.

Last edited by Objective; 07-18-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #27
Ronic
Blood and Hunger

Fuck. I got some downloadin to do lol cheers dude
Old 07-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #28
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

No problem, I removed the King of the Devil's Island trailer tho'. Figured it was kinda revealing. If you enjoy these movies send me a PM or something I'll hit you with more recomendations.

Oh, sweet, The Bothersome Man is available on Netflix. So is King of the Devil's Island @Ronic. The norwegian titles pop up tho', ''Den Brysomme Mannen'' and ''Kongen av Bastøy''.

Last edited by Objective; 07-18-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #29
Ronic
Blood and Hunger

netflix... you pay for that right? I'ma search that piratebay first lol already peeped that devils island trailer, def gonna look into that one

I'd recommend you some movies from my turf but yo we bring out one ok movie every decade lmao
Old 07-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #30
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
I'd recommend you some movies from my turf but yo we bring out one ok movie every decade lmao
Go for it. I'll definately check it out.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #31
anime_boners
Bisky-chama <3

Battle Record: 0-1

anime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond repute

how many people saying hollywood > foreign cinema actually watch foreign movies?
Old 07-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #32
Ronic
Blood and Hunger

Animal Kingdom was aight, dude from a family of criminals, and a detective wants to help him.

Shine - pianist has a mental breakdown, eventually returns to pianoing. True story, dude lived not far from me

Chopper - based on autobiography of Chopper Reid. Pretty great

Gallipoli - classic war movie

Mad Max - Mel Gibson being a badass

Candy - my fav Heath Ledger movie ever

Crackerjack - comedy, you'll either hate or love our sense of humour lol

tbh most our good ones are about criminals @Objective
Old 07-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #33
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_boners View Post
how many people saying hollywood > foreign cinema actually watch foreign movies?
I watch South American films as I can find them undubbed

They're ok

Valentin is great
Old 07-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #34
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

I've seen Animal Kingdom, Chopper (I think I've seen it, pretty sure about it) and Mad Max. All of them great movies. Haven't seen the others. Will definately check out either Shine or Candy tonight. Crackerjack whenever I feel like watching some comedy, hah.

But yo, if you or anyone else ever get to see The Bothersome Man I wanna discuss it with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_boners View Post
I do. I watch just as much US movies as any other place on earth. And I spend way too much time watching series/movies.