Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #141
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dull boy View Post
Neighbor knows about me battling. Ask him if you don't believe me.
ok so if you was so great back then, you are saying it wasnt like this then? there wasnt social circles? friend voting? etc? because if so then you are wrong its been that way since the shit began. just liek there is and always will be when you let friends/enemies people with different opinions judge a winner
Old 09-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #142
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Of War View Post
its simple and leaves much more room to get away with things then having structure, of course people like it because it is lazy. no one likes lazy less then work....
Not why I like it, though.

As a reader, it's enjoyable because the internal rhymes and soft rhymes kind of catch you off guard. You can read through a couple 'sentences' and you'll catch something dope and rereard it.

As a writer, it prevents people from lazy criticism. When you write an open mic or topical and the lines of a typically formed verse don't match up people automatically assume your 'flow' is off. Especially if the second line in a couplet is shorter than the first. It's easier to skim and ignore internals, in my opinion. Plus, whenever you write in paragraph form it's easier to just go off on tangents and strings of rhymes, in my opinion. That's just a personal anecdote, though, and might not apply to everyone.

Also, I still think you don't give enough credit to the users who almost exclusively write topicals or open mics. There really is an art to it, just like battling. Wording, economy of words, and knowledge of what's done before is huge when you want to write something original and truly dope. I think a lot of battlers write open mics or topicals that the top tier writers would have written years ago. There is definitely a progression of collective thought, and I don't think a battler can drop in on some random day and just capture the zeitgeist of what's truly going on in the art form. There are, of course, exceptions, but they're few and far in between. I'm talking about truly top level writing, of course.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #143
God Of War
The Landlord

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
Not why I like it, though.

As a reader, it's enjoyable because the internal rhymes and soft rhymes kind of catch you off guard. You can read through a couple 'sentences' and you'll catch something dope and rereard it.

As a writer, it prevents people from lazy criticism. When you write an open mic or topical and the lines of a typically formed verse don't match up people automatically assume your 'flow' is off. Especially if the second line in a couplet is shorter than the first. It's easier to skim and ignore internals, in my opinion. Plus, whenever you write in paragraph form it's easier to just go off on tangents and strings of rhymes, in my opinion. That's just a personal anecdote, though, and might not apply to everyone.

Also, I still think you don't give enough credit to the users who almost exclusively write topicals or open mics. Their really is an art to it, just like battling. Wording, economy of words, and knowledge of what's done before is huge when you want to write something original and truly dope. I think a lot of battlers write open mics or topicals that the top tier writers would have written years ago. There is definitely a progression of collective thought, and I don't think a battler can drop in on some random day and just capture the zeitgeist of what's truly going on in the art form. There are, of course, exceptions, but they're few and far in between. I'm talking about truly top level writing, of course.
I think it goes with a matter of taste because I find most topical heads boring and trying to be way more abstract then they should be. art is how the viewer/listener perceives it. but I think alot of the writers people claim is top 5 is boring and try so hard to be abstract that half the time they dont know what there saying and they get sheep that go in there and because they dont really understand it they think it is some miracle. I do not think any writng eludes me I have seen thousands upon thousands of rhymes ive seen dudes that can write a battle and rip apart an open mic piece. topicals used to be much more story based andnow its much more visualization and comparative. "as the water trickled down the side of a mountain like the urine on a goats leg" rofl but thats my opinion and not every one elses, and I also think being able to write in a paragraph may leave u open to more things them things is done out of laziness, anything done in a paragraph can be done in a structured verse its just harder to do. its easier to point to a field and sa drive because all they got to do is get in a car and go it dont matter where they drive there just riving, but pointing to a one lane road and saying thats all u can drive on, is harder
Old 09-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #144
Rawn M.D.

It's okay eddy I felt my chore boy line was dope af in elements and no one even got it and it was obv as fuck

Old 09-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #145
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it goes with a matter of taste because I find most topical heads boring and trying to be way more abstract then they should be. art is how the viewer/listener perceives it. but I think alot of the writers people claim is top 5 is boring and try so hard to be abstract that half the time they dont know what there saying and they get sheep that go in there and because they dont really understand it they think it is some miracle. I do not think any writng eludes me I have seen thousands upon thousands of rhymes ive seen dudes that can write a battle and rip apart an open mic piece. topicals used to be much more story based andnow its much more visualization and comparative. "as the water trickled down the side of a mountain like the urine on a goats leg" rofl but thats my opinion and not every one elses, and I also think being able to write in a paragraph may leave u open to more things them things is done out of laziness, anything done in a paragraph can be done in a structured verse its just harder to do. its easier to point to a field and sa drive because all they got to do is get in a car and go it dont matter where they drive there just riving, but pointing to a one lane road and saying thats all u can drive on, is harder
I think the problem with stories is they're done to death, so the natural progression is towards abstract/emotion/ethereal pieces. There's only so many times there can be a "twist" at the end. Or how someone dies, or commits suicide. Or how a relationship turn sour. Or how something comes out of nothing, unexpected. And writers recognize that, and try instead to touch on less concrete ideas. You can express the human condition or be abstract, there's still untouched ideas in that realm for the writing community.

I mean I still try writing 'story' pieces, but they usual become abstract as I think in my head of original ideas on how to end them or to flesh out the content. It's almost impossible not to be corny. But that's just how I see it.
Could you find me?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #146
Splitty Octavius

Splitty Octavius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I def disagree.

Going w/ ur comparison.. yes, its easy to drive in a field. A lot easier than on a track or road. But, you can be incredibly dope at burnouts, j-turns, other shit that isn't applicable on a track-- and its just different.

Yeah its more free. But you can't put Mario Andretti in Ken Block's shoes and vice versa and claim one is better than the other because of how they do..... cause that's not what they're about to begin with

Also disagree about the visual shit. One of the most annoying things ppl say about topicals. "Butterflies and unicorns and Rawntamano Bay" nigga pls if I open an OM and its about incest/ fairy tale shit/ emotions I close that shit right away

OM for me, versus topical leagues, focuses a lot more on delivery... rhyming mechanics and the technical delivery of a story... the legit Art of writing and not telling stories
...look how Storyteller did on site

Nigga I don't wanna read 100 double syllable rhymed couplets about the OPs time in the Korean War. I don't even enjoy the story cause its like a storybook nursery rhyme

I like walking out of a piece with a quote or idea or image on my mind. like a dope line from a rap song off your friends iPod

Also I am pretty sure rap is closer to the bull shit Dull Boy posts than battle verses... I have never met anyone that watches rap battles and I'd say less than 1% of the USA watches that stuff

Old 09-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #147
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitty Octavius View Post
I def disagree.

Going w/ ur comparison.. yes, its easy to drive in a field. A lot easier than on a track or road. But, you can be incredibly dope at burnouts, j-turns, other shit that isn't applicable on a track-- and its just different.

Yeah its more free. But you can't put Mario Andretti in Ken Block's shoes and vice versa and claim one is better than the other because of how they do..... cause that's not what they're about to begin with

Also disagree about the visual shit. One of the most annoying things ppl say about topicals. "Butterflies and unicorns and Rawntamano Bay" nigga pls if I open an OM and its about incest/ fairy tale shit/ emotions I close that shit right away

OM for me, versus topical leagues, focuses a lot more on delivery... rhyming mechanics and the technical delivery of a story... the legit Art of writing and not telling stories
...look how Storyteller did on site

Nigga I don't wanna read 100 double syllable rhymed couplets about the OPs time in the Korean War. I don't even enjoy the story cause its like a storybook nursery rhyme

I like walking out of a piece with a quote or idea or image on my mind. like a dope line from a rap song off your friends iPod

Also I am pretty sure rap is closer to the bull shit Dull Boy posts than battle verses... I have never met anyone that watches rap battles and I'd say less than 1% of the USA watches that stuff
thats the dumbest shit i ever heard rofl

plus you can do burnouts and shit on a track without going off it just takes a more skilled driver, samre as for writng it takes a mroe skilled writer ...and dull boys shit would be deeply underground heads which im sure its what ur into by ur writing which less people listen to that then they do the battles. so ur out ur fucking mind
Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #148
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

I enjoy Split's use of the n-word. I'm going to write a topical about it.
Could you find me?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #149
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

U never watched rap battles!?!?

Im so confused when people say shit like that and end up places like here?

I mean i guess at this point its more a troll lounge but still....like meth sayin he dont even listen to rap ever.....why r u here?

An i dont mean that in a way like.....fuck u u dont like rap or rap battles leave

Im genuinely confused as to the allure of a text battle website for people like u.

I grew up listening to rap amd watching rap battles. Thats why i first went to a text battle website in 2000

Internet y u so tricky
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #150
Splitty Octavius

Dull Boy ripped his style from early Eminem who everyone round here dickrides like its their job

Twist endings r gay unless you're legit good at storytelling

Maybe its more like shitty wording really ruins a piece for me. equivalent of every punch using similes

Old 09-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #151
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Dull Boy ripped his style from early Eminem who everyone round here dickrides like its their job

Twist endings r gay unless you're legit good at storytelling

Maybe its more like shitty wording really ruins a piece for me. equivalent of every punch using similes
lmao@comparing dull boy to eminem ahhh someone needs a time out
Old 09-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #152
Alvin Karpis

Battle Record: 34-12

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Summer Classic V
- Summer Classic IV
- NBL Season 7
- BA Swag and Flow
- BA Swag & Flow Tournament II
- BA Tag
- BA Tag Tournament IV

Alvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant future

where's this verse at?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #153
Frank Metts

Battle Record: 0-1

Frank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant future

Quote:
no i took it as calling hte style or styles simple, when it isnt, theres alot more in smaller bars then there was in longer bars back in the day. I think people focus more on the length of the verse or bars then what the bar is saying because i was back in the time you come from i was also in this time and while they both had there shitty battlersf they both had theredope ones, simple was just as simple back then as it is now...bars are generally shorter now but still as deep as ever i see bars all the time not get quoted because someone will say its simple and when i read it i see it has 2 or 3 different meanings to it worded well yet it was still said to be simple

shit works both ways
I never did long bar ... those lines end up being longer then a Scorsese flick but unlike his films by the time you get to the end you forgot what the point was

Call me wee man cause I love short bars ... but people could put so much more into it then insignificant set up / decent punch ... most just care that it rhymes and don't take time to craft it

Quick hit ..

Ed no showing, mad with hate ditch the tears and hatchet face .. Bomb harder
dude if we wanted another Cry Baby Walker we could of contacted John Waters

Thats my style ... which will prob go over some heads and that's ok because my reference range is broad cause I'm old lol that's why I hate dumbing Shit down ... I hate talking about what's on the news trying to be the first to drop a Zimmerman punch or a braun steriod ref etc etc I like digging in my brains archives for shit that entertains me
Old 09-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #154
Splitty Octavius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Dirty Bagstard View Post
U never watched rap battles!?!?

Im so confused when people say shit like that and end up places like here?

I mean i guess at this point its more a troll lounge but still....like meth sayin he dont even listen to rap ever.....why r u here?

An i dont mean that in a way like.....fuck u u dont like rap or rap battles leave

Im genuinely confused as to the allure of a text battle website for people like u.

I grew up listening to rap amd watching rap battles. Thats why i first went to a text battle website in 2000

Internet y u so tricky
Lmao. I always liked rap, only ever watched Rap Battles of history though

I found RapMusic thru some friend, then found NCs discussion forum and decided it was cool

Old 09-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #155
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

Quote:
lmao@comparing dull boy to eminem ahhh someone needs a time out
Dude goes on ridiculous rhyme schemes.

It's text, though. It's easier to be complex when you don't have to be on a beat or whatever. So it's not a fair comparison.
Could you find me?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #156
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Lmao. I always liked rap, only ever watched Rap Battles of history though

I found RapMusic thru some friend, then found NCs discussion forum and decided it was cool
is it cuz dullboy steals from eminem? like this line

I don't rap on acid... but I'm acid rap.

which is a fucking bite almost? is that why cats ram his sack?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #157
Splitty Octavius

GOW HAS NEVER LISTENED TO INFINITE

BURN THE HEATHEN IN THE BACKPACKER SACRIFICE DUNGEON

YOUR BLOOD WILL BE PURE WITH YOUR LAST DYING BREATH

Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #158
Splitty Octavius

Sounds like a Chance the Rapper flip?
Idk I don't own/ listen to Eminem

Old 09-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #159
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Sounds like a Chance the Rapper flip?
Idk I don't own/ listen to Eminem
eminem said i aint acid rap but i rap ona cid which seems similiar as fuck

i should use a few jay z lines so people will compare us
Old 09-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #160
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

I BIT AN OKKERVIL RIVER LYRIC ONCE. SRS.
Could you find me?
Closed Thread

Tags
bags loves dikinthemouth, battlers can't write, boo hoo jiggaboo, cry me a river, dull boy is a faggot, dull boy never battled, dull boy wears lipstick, dull loosin to faggotnes, dull lost to rican, dull opinion mean shit, ed dont no show, orc is a fag, stop wit the walls dull, this nagger mad as fuck, tl:dr dull